Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The state of the club 07:18 - Nov 30 with 387 views26_Paz

I have read much of what has been posted over the weekend but have been relatively inactive, gathering my thoughts. My views are below. I have tried to structure them but apologies if it appears a bit of a tirade ...
The club is steeped in a culture of mediocrity and failure. From the catering, the stewards, through the ticket office and to the playing staff there are no minimum standards of performance, there is no base requirement to take pride in your work and give of your best. The are no consequences for failing to do so. This has gradually developed over time and has reached the level where failure is not only accepted it is expected. The club has gone beyond stale, it is now slowly dying from within, poisoned by its rotten core.
The manager needs to leave, there is no doubt about that. This culture of incompetence is also prevalent at board level so, no doubt, they will take just about long enough to get on with what needs to be done to ensure that this season, like so many before it, is also a write off.
How can we change this? It won’t be easy. A new manager is a start but as we’ve seen may not be enough on its own ... it can’t be a coincidence that every manager we have fails, at some point one must look at the club. A complete culture overhaul is required, from the very bottom to the very top. Minimum standards must be imposed and if not achieved then changes must be made. Too many people at all levels have become too comfortable. Turning up, not doing much, seeing their mates and going home with their money. This family club must become more ruthless. It must demand performance not project an aura of failure to all those it crosses.
We need a bloody few years, it may be uncomfortable at times but London needed to burn in order for it to rise again.

The Paz Man

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024