Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What are we hoping for tomorrow then? 15:23 - Nov 30 with 2455 viewsSpruceMoose

1) A fine performance and a thumping win, which will only serve to paper over the cracks?
2) Play terribly but squeeze out a win, highlighting lamberts cluelessness but still picking up three points to keep us in the picture?
3) Get hammered and possibly hasten Lambert's exit?
4) Something else.

I'm very confused about this game. Honestly I don't know how to feel but as I can't quite bring myself to go for option 3, it'll have to be option 2 (assuming option 4 isn't something like Lambert being sacked tonight).

Blurgh.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

What are we hoping for tomorrow then? on 15:24 - Nov 30 with 1795 viewsMetal_Hacker

Cant see it happening anytime soon.....

So I'd have to hope for option 2

Poll: If it were one or the other

What are we hoping for tomorrow then? on 15:25 - Nov 30 with 1789 viewsPlums

1. But the team have ignored the instructions after going 1 down and played their own game, thus hastening the departure of the inept one.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

What are we hoping for tomorrow then? on 15:28 - Nov 30 with 1751 viewsBlueBadger

1. That Man gets the sack
2. Phil reinstated
3. Evans sells up to Bill Gates, who immediately promises to completely restructure the club and put in place people who know what they're doing.
4. Penelope Cruz replies to my invitation to go out for a drink in the affirmative.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

What are we hoping for tomorrow then? on 15:28 - Nov 30 with 1759 viewsSomethingBlue

It's like Saturday, we need to win games and pick up points because otherwise the manager — whoever that is — will have too big a job to straighten things out. So it's not really a question for me. Three points by whatever means.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

What are we hoping for tomorrow then? on 15:34 - Nov 30 with 1706 viewsclive_baker

I never want us to lose. I would love a win because it's a vital season for us and we really need to get going again after a terrible week. For me Lambert needs to go ASAP, tomorrows result will do nothing to change my opinion on that. The more points on the board for his replacement to work with the better.

I'm not confident though, especially given the injuries we've had.

In the rare event that we do score tomorrow, I don't suppose we'll be seeing many fingers in the ears celebrations. They didn't age well did they?

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

What are we hoping for tomorrow then? on 15:37 - Nov 30 with 1692 viewsIllinoisblue

A win. Always. But Christ knows what team we’ll put out.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

What are we hoping for tomorrow then? on 15:38 - Nov 30 with 1677 viewsDanTheMan

What are we hoping for tomorrow then? on 15:37 - Nov 30 by Illinoisblue

A win. Always. But Christ knows what team we’ll put out.

Marcus Evans has perfected clone technology, but it could only work for one player.

Tomorrow's team is an exciting one, an entire team of Alan Judge.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

What are we hoping for tomorrow then? on 15:40 - Nov 30 with 1664 viewsitfcjoe

Whatever hastens Lambert's departure

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Login to get fewer ads

What are we hoping for tomorrow then? on 15:42 - Nov 30 with 1653 viewsMrTown

What are we hoping for tomorrow then? on 15:40 - Nov 30 by itfcjoe

Won't happen this season.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

What are we hoping for tomorrow then? on 15:43 - Nov 30 with 1644 viewsSteve_M

A win. Always a win.

Not that there's any way back for PL now regardless. Jewell never quite got to this stage, even Barnsley probably wouldn't quite have been the end of him.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

What are we hoping for tomorrow then? on 15:45 - Nov 30 with 1628 viewswkj

For the first time in my decades of supporting town, I don't actually find myself caring.

I am not angry, I am not hopeful, I am not happy, I am not anything beyond ridden in apathy.

I love ITFC and I am Ipswich till I die, but right now Evan's Experiment FC is just I hijacked runaway train that doesn't qualify to me any more.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

What are we hoping for tomorrow then? on 15:46 - Nov 30 with 1609 viewsitfcjoe

What are we hoping for tomorrow then? on 15:42 - Nov 30 by MrTown

Won't happen this season.

Don't be silly

What are we hoping for tomorrow then? on 15:47 - Nov 30 with 1602 viewsMetal_Hacker

My own personal opinion is that we'll have PL here at least for another 7 days

Regardless of tomorrow's or Saturday's results , ME has acted too slowly once again and anything that needs to be done will be done now as we speak

I'd imagine (or would like to think) ME (if this is happening) has now put wheels in motion- phone calls , legal stuff ref PL#s contract ,behind the scenes planning for when PL goes before his replacement can start , signing the paperwork to let Phil back in to pressers etc

Yeah we all know I'm not right here ...if only though , if only

Poll: If it were one or the other

What are we hoping for tomorrow then? on 15:50 - Nov 30 with 1579 viewsIpswichKnight

I fear a win would give him some kind of reprieve which would by a disaster for us. However I still want us to win I always do but I really can’t see it with our injuries and just awful form.
What are we hoping for tomorrow then? on 15:50 - Nov 30 with 1567 viewsBeckets

What are we hoping for tomorrow then? on 15:46 - Nov 30 by itfcjoe

Don't be silly

Do you think his departure is imminent? I really hope so but worry that Evans just doesn’t care less.
What are we hoping for tomorrow then? on 15:53 - Nov 30 with 1556 viewsmadmouse1959

A win is vital. A draw may prolong the agony. A defeat would not be good going into a game away to Plymouth. For promotion you need to win games.

shampoo dave

What are we hoping for tomorrow then? on 15:56 - Nov 30 with 1538 viewsitfcjoe

What are we hoping for tomorrow then? on 15:50 - Nov 30 by Beckets

Do you think his departure is imminent? I really hope so but worry that Evans just doesn’t care less.

Just have to look at him after games, it's obvious he's done here

What are we hoping for tomorrow then? on 15:56 - Nov 30 with 1541 viewsDyland

What are we hoping for tomorrow then? on 15:45 - Nov 30 by wkj

For the first time in my decades of supporting town, I don't actually find myself caring.

I am not angry, I am not hopeful, I am not happy, I am not anything beyond ridden in apathy.

I love ITFC and I am Ipswich till I die, but right now Evan's Experiment FC is just I hijacked runaway train that doesn't qualify to me any more.

Runaway train implies some kind of relentless momentum, even if it's blind.

We're more of a very old slow rollercoaster, say the Mighty Mouse in Felixstowe, but stuck like a bad dream on the one pretty sh1te but inexorable steep slope down.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

What are we hoping for tomorrow then? on 16:00 - Nov 30 with 1511 viewsBeckets

What are we hoping for tomorrow then? on 15:56 - Nov 30 by itfcjoe

But he won’t resign surely so it still requires Evans to take action and I wonder if he’s that bothered to do so?
What are we hoping for tomorrow then? on 16:01 - Nov 30 with 1494 viewsMrTown

What are we hoping for tomorrow then? on 15:46 - Nov 30 by itfcjoe

Don't be silly

Do you think Evans will pay up 4 years? Doubt it.

Needs to f*ck off, but doubt he will any time this year.

What are we hoping for tomorrow then? on 16:03 - Nov 30 with 1480 viewsMrTown

He's done here, no doubt about it.

But, he ain't going to resign his position, and Evans ain't going to pay the 4 years.
[Post edited 30 Nov 2020 16:03]

What are we hoping for tomorrow then? on 16:05 - Nov 30 with 1466 viewsGarv

Do you not think managers always look like after defeats though?

It gets said about all of them, Keane, Jewell, Mick, Hurst etc. 'He looked a beaten man in his post match interview'.

It gets said a lot and they end up continuing for however many games. You know more than me, and I do think his time is up, but it always seems cliche to say you can tell by looking at him.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

What are we hoping for tomorrow then? on 16:06 - Nov 30 with 1456 viewsclive_baker

What are we hoping for tomorrow then? on 15:47 - Nov 30 by Metal_Hacker

Regardless of tomorrow's or Saturday's results , ME has acted too slowly once again and anything that needs to be done will be done now as we speak

I'd imagine (or would like to think) ME (if this is happening) has now put wheels in motion- phone calls , legal stuff ref PL#s contract ,behind the scenes planning for when PL goes before his replacement can start , signing the paperwork to let Phil back in to pressers etc

That almost certainly will be the case IMO, unless something bonkers happens tomorrow and ME decided to pull the trigger Wednesday and put Klug in charge at Plymouth. We've got 8 games in the space of 4.5 weeks so there's not really a 'good' time to make the change, there never will be. Given we have back to back away games tomorrow and Saturday, I would suggest Sunday would be the best time in a while for the new appointment, giving the new manager a full week with the squad ahead of Pompey.

Can't see it happening quite yet, but I would be willing to bet Lambert will be out at some point in the next 2 months.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

What are we hoping for tomorrow then? on 16:08 - Nov 30 with 1437 viewsOsborneOneNil

It would be horrible to take, but if we lost 3/4-0 at struggling Oxford, you'd think that would be curtains.
What are we hoping for tomorrow then? on 16:08 - Nov 30 with 1436 viewsMrTown

What are we hoping for tomorrow then? on 15:47 - Nov 30 by Metal_Hacker

Yeah more like 7 months over 7 days.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024