Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leftfield suggestion for possible future manager... 18:33 - Nov 30 with 1039 viewswoiii

Jamie Clapham (see what I did there :-)
Quite a bit of coaching experience and should be offered a role at the club at some level
Leftfield suggestion for possible future manager... on 18:44 - Nov 30 with 966 viewsTrumptonBlue

Not sure he'd fancy it, he got plenty of stick towards the end of his time here.
Leftfield suggestion for possible future manager... on 18:51 - Nov 30 with 952 viewswoiii

Leftfield suggestion for possible future manager... on 18:44 - Nov 30 by TrumptonBlue

Not sure he'd fancy it, he got plenty of stick towards the end of his time here.

I don't recall that. I remember him being a good all-round player (played well in a midfield three I seem to remember) and an intelligent bloke. Maybe not quite the dominant character you'd associate with a manager, but I would think he's capable.
Leftfield suggestion for possible future manager... on 18:55 - Nov 30 with 958 viewsPhilTWTD

Really good bloke, chatted at length with him before he came on the 2000 play-off show. Have heard people speak glowingly of his coaching ability, so perhaps more an assistant or first-team coach than a manager here.
Leftfield suggestion for possible future manager... on 19:11 - Nov 30 with 893 viewswoiii

Leftfield suggestion for possible future manager... on 18:55 - Nov 30 by PhilTWTD

Really good bloke, chatted at length with him before he came on the 2000 play-off show. Have heard people speak glowingly of his coaching ability, so perhaps more an assistant or first-team coach than a manager here.

That's good to know. I don't know anything about Taylor's abilities or his relationship with Lambert, but I can't see we would be much worse with Clapham as assistant.
Leftfield suggestion for possible future manager... on 19:13 - Nov 30 with 884 viewsOsborneOneNil

Leftfield suggestion for possible future manager... on 18:55 - Nov 30 by PhilTWTD

Affectionately called 'Long Head' by his team mates.
Leftfield suggestion for possible future manager... on 19:17 - Nov 30 with 881 viewsFrimleyBlue

So what you're saying is

Butcher or burley as DOF
Dyer as manager
Clapham as assistant

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Leftfield suggestion for possible future manager... on 19:50 - Nov 30 with 804 viewsPhilTWTD

Leftfield suggestion for possible future manager... on 19:17 - Nov 30 by FrimleyBlue

So what you're saying is

Butcher or burley as DOF
Dyer as manager
Clapham as assistant

Maybe Veno involved in there somewhere as well.
Leftfield suggestion for possible future manager... on 20:25 - Nov 30 with 721 viewsSeablu

Leftfield suggestion for possible future manager... on 19:50 - Nov 30 by PhilTWTD

I’d genuinely love to know the success rate of ex-players returning to their clubs in management/coaching roles.
I can only ever recall the absolute disasters,
For every George Burley there’s a Gunn, Shearer & just about every Leeds player of the 70’s who went back there in the 80’s/90’s
Always strikes me as the last bastion of desperation.
Someone must have done a statistical study on this.
Login to get fewer ads

Leftfield suggestion for possible future manager... on 20:38 - Nov 30 with 686 viewsKeno

Poch

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Leftfield suggestion for possible future manager... on 20:41 - Nov 30 with 676 viewsPhilTWTD

Leftfield suggestion for possible future manager... on 20:25 - Nov 30 by Seablu

I’d genuinely love to know the success rate of ex-players returning to their clubs in management/coaching roles.
I can only ever recall the absolute disasters,
For every George Burley there’s a Gunn, Shearer & just about every Leeds player of the 70’s who went back there in the 80’s/90’s
Always strikes me as the last bastion of desperation.
Someone must have done a statistical study on this.

Would be interesting to see stats, as you say. One thing popular ex-players do bring is a bit of unity around a club when they're appointed.
Leftfield suggestion for possible future manager... on 20:48 - Nov 30 with 632 viewsSeablu

Leftfield suggestion for possible future manager... on 20:38 - Nov 30 by Keno

Poch

Can’t believe he hasn’t been mentioned.

Sarri got the boot from Juventus as well.

Cowleys...Howe...Pearson...pah!

Let’s go big. Evans is proper minted according to wiki.
Leftfield suggestion for possible future manager... on 21:01 - Nov 30 with 592 viewsGuthrum

Leftfield suggestion for possible future manager... on 19:50 - Nov 30 by PhilTWTD

Isn't he pretty much tied in as Mowbray's permanent Assistant?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Leftfield suggestion for possible future manager... on 21:02 - Nov 30 with 589 viewsSeablu

Leftfield suggestion for possible future manager... on 20:41 - Nov 30 by PhilTWTD

Would be interesting to see stats, as you say. One thing popular ex-players do bring is a bit of unity around a club when they're appointed.

I agree, but I think we’re beyond a couple months of feel good factor.

This isn’t a poor squad. It really just needs a decent manager & coach.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024