Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sturgie-gawd 21:26 - Nov 30 with 2775 viewsscotdoc

The SNP bribe,jings how low can you go?
I'm a GP and 33 years in the NHS.
I don't want this appalling money.
Jeez give it the poor sods that have lost jobs etc.
Electioneering at the gutter level.
Doomed I tell ye,doomed....
Sturgie-gawd on 21:31 - Nov 30 with 1714 viewsRegencyBlue

I’m not too well up on Scottish political goings on but isn’t Nichola under pressure on a number of issues?

Not so much electioneering as diversion tactics?
Sturgie-gawd on 21:38 - Nov 30 with 1670 viewsscotdoc

Sturgie-gawd on 21:31 - Nov 30 by RegencyBlue

I’m not too well up on Scottish political goings on but isn’t Nichola under pressure on a number of issues?

Not so much electioneering as diversion tactics?

Sensible people are aghast at this.
Her "nationalism" is deliberate.
The daily "Nicola Show" is party propaganda.
Unfortunately there is no credible opposition.
Hopefully her partner gets a rough time over "Salmondgate" tomorrow.
Mind you,Andy Marr did not badly yesterday.
Sturgie-gawd on 21:51 - Nov 30 with 1638 viewsRegencyBlue

Sturgie-gawd on 21:38 - Nov 30 by scotdoc

Sensible people are aghast at this.
Her "nationalism" is deliberate.
The daily "Nicola Show" is party propaganda.
Unfortunately there is no credible opposition.
Hopefully her partner gets a rough time over "Salmondgate" tomorrow.
Mind you,Andy Marr did not badly yesterday.

I didn’t see it personally but I gather Marr absolutely roasted her in the interview yesterday.
Sturgie-gawd on 22:25 - Nov 30 with 1580 viewsTieDyedIn95

I don't understand why the Tories just don't offer them the referendum but this time actually spell out what that means which should be -

Barnett formulae gone instantly
Hard boarder with England including customs
Tariffs on Scots imports, no automatic free trade deal
No use of the Pound
No defence from the British Army, Scottish regiment immediately disbanded, no Navy and so on
They Inherit their share of the 2trillion national debt
No financial care packages - once your gone, your gone
No BBC
Scots in England have to apply for English passport/nationality, English people in Scotland don't automatically qualify for English passports/nationality

Oh and they can keep the oil and what not.

If they still vote for independence after all of that then fair play. No half measures.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Sturgie-gawd on 22:31 - Nov 30 with 1561 viewsJ2BLUE

Sturgie-gawd on 22:25 - Nov 30 by TieDyedIn95

I don't understand why the Tories just don't offer them the referendum but this time actually spell out what that means which should be -

No use of the Pound
No defence from the British Army, Scottish regiment immediately disbanded, no Navy and so on
No BBC
Scots in England have to apply for English passport/nationality, English people in Scotland don't automatically qualify for English passports/nationality

If they still vote for independence after all of that then fair play. No half measures.

If they take their share of the debt they are entitled to their share of the assets.

As for the BBC there's no real reason for that to change. If they pay their licence fees why not let the BBC represent them as well?

We would of course defend Scotland if needed as we would go to Ireland's aid as members of NATO.

The problem isn't with them having independence, the problem is with the minority who think they can leave debt free, cherry pick the bits of the UK relationship they want and keep 100% of the oil revenue.

*waits for someone to mention Brexit*

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Sturgie-gawd on 22:43 - Nov 30 with 1528 viewsPinewoodblue

No use of the Pound
No BBC

What a silly post.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Sturgie-gawd on 22:53 - Nov 30 with 1516 viewsMattinLondon

Sturgie-gawd on 22:31 - Nov 30 by J2BLUE

If they take their share of the debt they are entitled to their share of the assets.

As for the BBC there's no real reason for that to change. If they pay their licence fees why not let the BBC represent them as well?

We would of course defend Scotland if needed as we would go to Ireland's aid as members of NATO.

The problem isn't with them having independence, the problem is with the minority who think they can leave debt free, cherry pick the bits of the UK relationship they want and keep 100% of the oil revenue.

And they can carry on using the pound in the same way that
Kosovo and Montenegro uses the Euro and some central and South American countries uses the US Dollar
Sturgie-gawd on 22:55 - Nov 30 with 1501 viewsMattinLondon

If you don’t want the money there’s nothing stopping you from giving it to charity.
Login to get fewer ads

Sturgie-gawd on 23:35 - Nov 30 with 1449 viewsStokieBlue

Sturgie-gawd on 22:53 - Nov 30 by MattinLondon

And they can carry on using the pound in the same way that
Kosovo and Montenegro uses the Euro and some central and South American countries uses the US Dollar

Indeed.

Although using a currency that you have no power to control is often a very bad idea and has lead to multiple defaults in South America (2 from Argentina alone).

SB
[Post edited 30 Nov 2020 23:36]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Sturgie-gawd on 00:01 - Dec 1 with 1422 viewsDarth_Koont

I seem to remember you were no fan of the SNP and independence a while back.

“How low can you go?” Well,if giving health workers a boost and a reward during a pandemic is going low then I hope they go a lot lower.

Pronouns: He/Him

Sturgie-gawd on 00:09 - Dec 1 with 1401 viewsBluedanW

Every decision She makes is to try and get 1 up on the English government.
We will take your 3 tiers and raise you 2.
She seems to walk on water up there but has made the exact same mistakes as we have down here.
The majority of.deaths in Scotland have been in care homes, from reintroducing covid carrying patients back into care homes
Sturgie-gawd on 00:43 - Dec 1 with 1379 viewsKropotkin123

Not really a fan of the SNP. It isn't my place to comment on the independence of Scots. Unionism was their decision and if they want to be independent in the future, then that is their choice.

The issue I have is around the propaganda, which you mention in a subsequent post. They act like the whole country voted for them because they have 81% of Scotland's vote in the HoC, yet they only got 45% of the Scottish vote. The theft of other people's vote is just insane.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Sturgie-gawd on 06:57 - Dec 1 with 1284 viewsbluelagos

Sturgie-gawd on 22:31 - Nov 30 by J2BLUE

Ireland isn't part of Nato, indeed they have a history of neutrality in conflicts.

Brexit is indeed a factor for the Scots. A hard UK brexit is a carrot ref Scotland rejoining and regaining all the economic benefits.

Perhaps the biggest Brexit issue though is it destroys the lie of an easy decoupling from the rest of the UK. Any negotiations would be difficult as all sides sort to get the best for their respective nations.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Sturgie-gawd on 10:22 - Dec 1 with 1154 viewstractordownsouth

No use of the Pound
No BBC

That tactic didn't work in the Brexit referendum though. There's got to be a positive case for remaining in the union.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Sturgie-gawd on 10:25 - Dec 1 with 1134 viewsGlasgowBlue

Sturgie-gawd on 10:22 - Dec 1 by tractordownsouth

That tactic didn't work in the Brexit referendum though. There's got to be a positive case for remaining in the union.

The attitude of the ScotsNats are very similar to those of some* Leave voters.

*Not all

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Sturgie-gawd on 10:28 - Dec 1 with 1128 viewsbluelagos

Sturgie-gawd on 10:25 - Dec 1 by GlasgowBlue

*Not all

Shame you (and 17.4m others) weren't so keen on believing the figures presented on the economic damage of Brexit hey Glassers
[Post edited 1 Dec 2020 10:28]

Sturgie-gawd on 10:28 - Dec 1 with 1118 viewstractordownsouth

*Not all

It reminds me of the Cummings/Cumberbatch Channel 4 drama when he said that 2/3 of the electorate know which way they're going to vote in the referendum so there' no point chasing after them because it's about winning over the middle third.

The economic figures are useful but there's got to be an emotional appeal behind it too.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Sturgie-gawd on 10:32 - Dec 1 with 1101 viewsnoggin

No use of the Pound
No BBC

"Oh and they can keep the oil and what not."

Is that the oil that Thatcher sold to the dirty dollar?

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Sturgie-gawd on 10:32 - Dec 1 with 1102 viewsbluelagos

Sturgie-gawd on 10:28 - Dec 1 by tractordownsouth

It reminds me of the Cummings/Cumberbatch Channel 4 drama when he said that 2/3 of the electorate know which way they're going to vote in the referendum so there' no point chasing after them because it's about winning over the middle third.

The economic figures are useful but there's got to be an emotional appeal behind it too.

It's a very simple message. Vote for Independence and never again have an English Tory governing you.

I know which way I'd vote.

Sturgie-gawd on 10:42 - Dec 1 with 1079 viewsDarth_Koont

*Not all

I think it’s the implicit suggestion that Scotland couldn’t survive without Westminster help which is the issue.

Any of the Nordic countries are streets ahead in GDP terms despite most of them lagging well behind 50 years ago. Being part of a centralised and severely unbalanced UK economy has penalised all the regions and its communities.

Sturgie-gawd on 10:43 - Dec 1 with 1071 viewswkj

Im not sure if this is a good or bad time to mention I am a member of the SNP.
balls.
end of.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Sturgie-gawd on 10:47 - Dec 1 with 1055 viewsGeoffSentence

Sturgie-gawd on 21:51 - Nov 30 by RegencyBlue

I didn’t see it personally but I gather Marr absolutely roasted her in the interview yesterday.

And that was broadcast in mainstream TV?

Mary Whitehouse will be turning in her grave.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Sturgie-gawd on 10:56 - Dec 1 with 1026 viewsPinewoodblue

Sturgie-gawd on 10:32 - Dec 1 by bluelagos

It's a very simple message. Vote for Independence and never again have an English Tory governing you.

I know which way I'd vote.

The only real chance of Labour forming our next government is with the support of SNP. When they get a taste of power they won’t want independence.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Sturgie-gawd on 11:08 - Dec 1 with 1013 viewsGlasgowBlue

Sturgie-gawd on 10:42 - Dec 1 by Darth_Koont

I think it’s the implicit suggestion that Scotland couldn’t survive without Westminster help which is the issue.

Any of the Nordic countries are streets ahead in GDP terms despite most of them lagging well behind 50 years ago. Being part of a centralised and severely unbalanced UK economy has penalised all the regions and its communities.

I’ve been up here for nearly 30 years koonters and I can count on one hand the number of people I’ve met who don’t believe Scotland puts more in than it takes out.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Sturgie-gawd on 11:09 - Dec 1 with 1014 viewsDarth_Koont

Sturgie-gawd on 10:56 - Dec 1 by Pinewoodblue

The only real chance of Labour forming our next government is with the support of SNP. When they get a taste of power they won’t want independence.

Given Labour is now as establishment as the Tories and equally at odds with the SNP, then Scottish citizens would know that this sort of confidence and supply arrangement would be very short term indeed. And only useful to perhaps force a new referendum.

But that’s by the by, I can’t see Starmer and Labour being close to wiping out the Tory majority in 2024. And we’re more likely to see a new leader and direction by then instead.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024