Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just binged watched Godless on Netflix 22:27 - Nov 30 with 822 viewsChrisd

No doubt late to the party, but can’t recommend enough, an absorbing watch.
[Post edited 30 Nov 2020 22:38]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Just binged watched Godless on Netflix on 07:34 - Dec 1 with 670 viewsmikeybloo88

I only got to the party myself a few weeks ago but finished it in a few days..thoroughly enjoyed it especially Jeff Daniel's performance as Frank, he was pure evil. A bonus for me is it wetted my appetite again for Westerns which has led me to finally try Deadwood (now that is a party to be late to). I've just finished season 1 of that and been totally enthralled by the grittiness and irreverence, and who knew Ian McShane could be that good? Al is now one of my favourite TV characters...
Just binged watched Godless on Netflix on 10:52 - Dec 1 with 573 viewsChrisd

Just binged watched Godless on Netflix on 07:34 - Dec 1 by mikeybloo88

I only got to the party myself a few weeks ago but finished it in a few days..thoroughly enjoyed it especially Jeff Daniel's performance as Frank, he was pure evil. A bonus for me is it wetted my appetite again for Westerns which has led me to finally try Deadwood (now that is a party to be late to). I've just finished season 1 of that and been totally enthralled by the grittiness and irreverence, and who knew Ian McShane could be that good? Al is now one of my favourite TV characters...

I'm not a big fan of westerns generally, but found this series really absorbing. You could really invest in some of the characters. Perhaps I should give Deadwood a go?

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Just binged watched Godless on Netflix on 11:33 - Dec 1 with 553 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Just binged watched Godless on Netflix on 10:52 - Dec 1 by Chrisd

I'm not a big fan of westerns generally, but found this series really absorbing. You could really invest in some of the characters. Perhaps I should give Deadwood a go?

Yes, do. It's on Sky catch up, so satellite or Now TV.
Just binged watched Godless on Netflix on 11:39 - Dec 1 with 543 viewsjeera

I watched it last year and thoroughly enjoyed it. I do like the modern western type stuff.

Big thanks from me to those who suggested Ozark. I sped through all 3 series and was disappointed when I ran out.

I'm currently working my way through Justified again as it's been a couple of years, but these things are never the same 2nd time around of course.

Further suggestions are always welcome.

(Cue; Blue Order with Gomorrah!)

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Just binged watched Godless on Netflix on 16:01 - Dec 1 with 499 viewsmikeybloo88

Just binged watched Godless on Netflix on 10:52 - Dec 1 by Chrisd

Yes, worth trying. Not the sweeping cinematic grandeur of Godless...it's much more focused on a collection of characters in a lawless gold rush town but is violent and very, very irreverent...not for those who dislike the f or c words. But very good indeed...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024