Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Supporters Negatvitiy 04:54 - Dec 2 with 3858 viewspennblue

Is there not anyone that thinks that may just be an iota of truth in what PL is saying?

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

Supporters Negatvitiy on 05:24 - Dec 2 with 2034 viewsgroovyASH

Nope, the vast majority of the negativity is quite rightly aimed at him.

The odd senior pro who constantly underperform (Nolan, Hudge etc) deserve the criticism which come their way for being consistently below par.

I've not seen any criticism of young players on here or social media.

ITFC fans have a right to feel negative about the bl00dy awful way the club is being run on and off the pitch, they are just lucky that it is not more intense than it could be.

Poll: Will you renew your season ticket when Evans does the annual end of season beg?

Supporters Negatvitiy on 05:41 - Dec 2 with 2022 viewswkj

Until Hull and PhilGate there were still a fair number of people supporting Lambert - but he cooked his own goose.

Is there a jot of truth that we're being negative? Absolute we are
Is it unjustified? Not even close.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Supporters Negatvitiy on 05:47 - Dec 2 with 2016 viewstextbackup

take 15 years of sht, absolutely nothing to cheers or celebrate, then tell me how any other set of fans would react. we have slowly had the fight or care beaten from us.

and one man has remained a constant throughout this time, the one man that makes the big calls...

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Supporters Negatvitiy on 05:59 - Dec 2 with 2006 viewsBlueBadger

I for one, can't imagine why anyone would find something to grumble about in a feeble relegation to the thrid division, mid-table finish in the third division and terrible, toothless football that looks like giving us a similar league position this season.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Supporters Negatvitiy on 06:08 - Dec 2 with 1986 viewspennblue

Supporters Negatvitiy on 05:41 - Dec 2 by wkj

Until Hull and PhilGate there were still a fair number of people supporting Lambert - but he cooked his own goose.

Is there a jot of truth that we're being negative? Absolute we are
Is it unjustified? Not even close.

I don't think it is a question of whether it is unjustified or not. More about whether it is actually perpetuating our decline.

Supporters Negatvitiy on 06:12 - Dec 2 with 1974 viewswkj

Supporters Negatvitiy on 06:08 - Dec 2 by pennblue

I don't think it is a question of whether it is unjustified or not. More about whether it is actually perpetuating our decline.

It very well could be having a negative impact, but the club have orchestrated and manifested this with 13 years of poor guidance. The supporters have rallied time and time again when they've asked us. Many of us feel like we've been taken for fools now and just cant support the regime.

Crybaby

Supporters Negatvitiy on 06:16 - Dec 2 with 1974 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Sorry but no. Have an arrow of disappointment.

I’m 22 years old. Supported the club since I was 3. Every single year of my ipswich supporting life, we’ve been in the championship until two years ago when we were relegated to league 1. Two years now we’ve been in this league and are still scrapping for 0-0 draws and failing to get promoted. Last year we blew a 7 point lead at the top in October to fail to even make the playoffs. We’ve been eliminated at the first opportunity 3 times in the last 16 years of the FA Cup. We’ve failed to beat our rivals in 11 years. Our most successful season in the past ten years ended with defeat to our rivals. We generally have sold our best players in the last decade without replacing them. The coaching staff and management since Magilton have generally shown the fans little respect and some players have shown they don’t care for the badge - Chopra being one of many that openly took the piss out of the shirt the rest of us would do anything for. The owner has shown he doesn’t care for the club like we do and the mentality to settle for the cheap option for a short-term fix is one that is taken with little planning ahead for the long-term good of the club. There’s a combination of distrust, confusion, lack of communication and a major lack of care across huge sections of the club. And yet.. through all of this, we still sold out 90% of the away ends we visited last season. We still sold 14,000 season tickets in league 1 last season. We still turned up in numbers up and down the country and did our best to inspire what is probably the worst Ipswich team in the last 60 years. After the clubs lowest finish in 60 years the season before that. The club has given us incredibly few moments of genuine belief and hope that we’d achieve something in the last decade and hundreds of moments of desperate, dull, painful failure.

So no.. there is absolutely no truth in what Lambert is saying. For him to dare to blame us for the situation that the club is in right now is nothing short of a disgrace. The fans are the only good thing about the football club. The only thing.
[Post edited 2 Dec 2020 6:22]

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Supporters Negatvitiy on 06:20 - Dec 2 with 1952 viewspennblue

Supporters Negatvitiy on 06:12 - Dec 2 by wkj

It very well could be having a negative impact, but the club have orchestrated and manifested this with 13 years of poor guidance. The supporters have rallied time and time again when they've asked us. Many of us feel like we've been taken for fools now and just cant support the regime.

Not supporting the regime, is more understandable. But then it depends on what you mean by regime.

"a system or ordered way of doing things"

Do you mean:

1) The fact Evan's appears to have tightened his purse strings?

or

2) The fact we are now playing youngsters?

or

3) The style of football we are playing?

and if so, what would your regime be?

Login to get fewer ads

Supporters Negatvitiy on 06:33 - Dec 2 with 1911 viewswkj

Supporters Negatvitiy on 06:20 - Dec 2 by pennblue

Not supporting the regime, is more understandable. But then it depends on what you mean by regime.

"a system or ordered way of doing things"

Do you mean:

1) The fact Evan's appears to have tightened his purse strings?

or

2) The fact we are now playing youngsters?

or

3) The style of football we are playing?

and if so, what would your regime be?

13 years covers Evans, and I have made many comments and posts about how I don't even look at his spending any more. He has created an ineffectual upper management model at ITFC, one that doesn't not support his part time availability. The position we're in the league compared to all of the discussion on plans and visions is really all I need to say to succinctly reply to your post.

Crybaby

Supporters Negatvitiy on 06:55 - Dec 2 with 1859 viewspennblue

Supporters Negatvitiy on 06:33 - Dec 2 by wkj

13 years covers Evans, and I have made many comments and posts about how I don't even look at his spending any more. He has created an ineffectual upper management model at ITFC, one that doesn't not support his part time availability. The position we're in the league compared to all of the discussion on plans and visions is really all I need to say to succinctly reply to your post.

I think your 'part time availability' point is a good one. I would say delivering their 5 year plan without Evans being far closer to the club, makes it unviable.

He does seem to just leave the managers to get on with it, and they need support from above.

Supporters Negatvitiy on 06:56 - Dec 2 with 1855 viewsBlueBadger

Supporters Negatvitiy on 06:16 - Dec 2 by The_Romford_Blue

Sorry but no. Have an arrow of disappointment.

I’m 22 years old. Supported the club since I was 3. Every single year of my ipswich supporting life, we’ve been in the championship until two years ago when we were relegated to league 1. Two years now we’ve been in this league and are still scrapping for 0-0 draws and failing to get promoted. Last year we blew a 7 point lead at the top in October to fail to even make the playoffs. We’ve been eliminated at the first opportunity 3 times in the last 16 years of the FA Cup. We’ve failed to beat our rivals in 11 years. Our most successful season in the past ten years ended with defeat to our rivals. We generally have sold our best players in the last decade without replacing them. The coaching staff and management since Magilton have generally shown the fans little respect and some players have shown they don’t care for the badge - Chopra being one of many that openly took the piss out of the shirt the rest of us would do anything for. The owner has shown he doesn’t care for the club like we do and the mentality to settle for the cheap option for a short-term fix is one that is taken with little planning ahead for the long-term good of the club. There’s a combination of distrust, confusion, lack of communication and a major lack of care across huge sections of the club. And yet.. through all of this, we still sold out 90% of the away ends we visited last season. We still sold 14,000 season tickets in league 1 last season. We still turned up in numbers up and down the country and did our best to inspire what is probably the worst Ipswich team in the last 60 years. After the clubs lowest finish in 60 years the season before that. The club has given us incredibly few moments of genuine belief and hope that we’d achieve something in the last decade and hundreds of moments of desperate, dull, painful failure.

So no.. there is absolutely no truth in what Lambert is saying. For him to dare to blame us for the situation that the club is in right now is nothing short of a disgrace. The fans are the only good thing about the football club. The only thing.
[Post edited 2 Dec 2020 6:22]

Plus, I don't think it's overly entitled to be wanting more than 'will this do?' football in the third division.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Supporters Negatvitiy on 07:03 - Dec 2 with 1832 viewsTractorJack

Do you not remember the reaction when we were relegated? Lambert is the luckiest manager ever, he's done nothing but rave about the support until now.
Supporters Negatvitiy on 07:28 - Dec 2 with 1758 viewspelles321

Supporters Negatvitiy on 05:24 - Dec 2 by groovyASH

Nope, the vast majority of the negativity is quite rightly aimed at him.

The odd senior pro who constantly underperform (Nolan, Hudge etc) deserve the criticism which come their way for being consistently below par.

I've not seen any criticism of young players on here or social media.

ITFC fans have a right to feel negative about the bl00dy awful way the club is being run on and off the pitch, they are just lucky that it is not more intense than it could be.

There has been a lot of criticism aimed at Bennetts recently. Also Downes at the start of the season. Other specific players has only seemed to be sporadic.

There have been lots of threads about fans not wanting to go when supporters return and encouraging others to boycott. Whilst this is likely intended to hurt Lambert, I can imagine that players would feel it’s a reflection on them. The young players may need a bit of support from fans, rather than the prospect of playing in front of protests. I’m not commenting on if it’s justifiable, just my observation on what the original poster asked.
Supporters Negatvitiy on 07:29 - Dec 2 with 1750 viewsChris_ITFC

Were you here last season? It’s happening again.
Supporters Negatvitiy on 07:32 - Dec 2 with 1737 viewswkj

Supporters Negatvitiy on 07:28 - Dec 2 by pelles321

There has been a lot of criticism aimed at Bennetts recently. Also Downes at the start of the season. Other specific players has only seemed to be sporadic.

There have been lots of threads about fans not wanting to go when supporters return and encouraging others to boycott. Whilst this is likely intended to hurt Lambert, I can imagine that players would feel it’s a reflection on them. The young players may need a bit of support from fans, rather than the prospect of playing in front of protests. I’m not commenting on if it’s justifiable, just my observation on what the original poster asked.

This is where the real nuts and bolts of the issue lie. We have no avenue of protest. We as the fans know that we're focussing on Lambert and Evans, and the players really aren't on the end of it.

However, If Lambert is hunkering down and putting up a wall between him and the media - he can dictate the narrative any which way he chooses internally. Many of us are against booing players, especially the younger ones and there was a backlash from many of us when a select group did so under McCarthy.

Lambert is his own worst enemy in this situation, and if he continues - the next manager is going to have to come in and fix a lot more than just the results on the pitch if this continues to escalate.

Crybaby

Supporters Negatvitiy on 07:41 - Dec 2 with 1715 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Paul Lambert has had the most unbelievable support - nae normal. That would have remained if we'd been playing good, successful football. But there's only so much even these unbelievable fans can take.

NO WAY can the supporters shoulder any of the blame.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Supporters Negatvitiy on 07:58 - Dec 2 with 1664 viewsdavblue

Supporters Negatvitiy on 07:41 - Dec 2 by The_Flashing_Smile

Paul Lambert has had the most unbelievable support - nae normal. That would have remained if we'd been playing good, successful football. But there's only so much even these unbelievable fans can take.

NO WAY can the supporters shoulder any of the blame.

You’ve changed your tune I had an ‘agenda’ when we lost 5 out of 8 games and I said I was worried and the same things are happening again.

You want him out as well then now?
Supporters Negatvitiy on 08:03 - Dec 2 with 1638 viewshomer_123

Not an unfair question pennblue.

If we say, yes, supporter negativity 'could' be impacting the Club off the field and the football on in it, albeit in a limited capacity (because how much can it really affect the on field performances?) - that then leads you to a further question.

Why are the fans being negative?

And I think the answer is pretty clear. Evans reign as owner has been quite possibly the most disastrous reign we've seen in some time and that's factoring in what ended up happening once we got relegated from the Prem. His stewardship, by any measure, has been extremely poor.

Now, I would also offer the following. Keane, Jewell, Mick, Hurst and Lambert all received were all supported by the vast majority of supporters, in many instances, long before they finished their tenure here.

So, even if there is something in it (and I don't think there is) - it really is the result of years of shocking ownership, decision making, lack of leadership and downright ignorance from Evans that is the blame - not supporters who have been supporting the Club for years and years and years.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Supporters Negatvitiy on 08:05 - Dec 2 with 1625 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Supporters Negatvitiy on 07:58 - Dec 2 by davblue

You’ve changed your tune I had an ‘agenda’ when we lost 5 out of 8 games and I said I was worried and the same things are happening again.

You want him out as well then now?

I've wanted him out for a while, keep up. Also, people are allowed to change their minds following further information. i can't remember what was said between us but is it really necessary to stir up "ahh, but you said this once" nonsense when everyone on here is now united?

Supporters Negatvitiy on 08:13 - Dec 2 with 1583 viewsdavblue

Supporters Negatvitiy on 08:05 - Dec 2 by The_Flashing_Smile

I've wanted him out for a while, keep up. Also, people are allowed to change their minds following further information. i can't remember what was said between us but is it really necessary to stir up "ahh, but you said this once" nonsense when everyone on here is now united?

No it isn’t but maybe people don’t have an ‘agenda’ if they don’t think a manager is any good !
Supporters Negatvitiy on 08:17 - Dec 2 with 1557 viewsjimmyvet

Supporters Negatvitiy on 07:28 - Dec 2 by pelles321

Good post...it’s all too easy to get caught up in a downward spiral of negativity and whatever people might think it will effect the playing staff and staff in general. Am I happy with Lambert’s performance no, however a reality check is that we are 5th with a lot of injuries in very difficult and different times. Football and the individuals within are not immune from having to deal with this pandemic no more than us and it has been a really tough year for everybody.

This feels like when a very vocal group wanted mick out and the outcome of that is now league 1 football which is terrible in so many way. I just don’t see sacking lambert now will make a huge difference I really don’t and perhaps a bit more calm and rationale thinking is required.
Supporters Negatvitiy on 08:21 - Dec 2 with 1516 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Supporters Negatvitiy on 08:13 - Dec 2 by davblue

No it isn’t but maybe people don’t have an ‘agenda’ if they don’t think a manager is any good !

I don't even remember saying it but it obviously upset you so when we're next at PR I'll give you a cuddle.

Supporters Negatvitiy on 08:24 - Dec 2 with 1484 viewsHerbivore

Supporters Negatvitiy on 06:08 - Dec 2 by pennblue

How would it be doing that? It's not like there's any fans at the ground creating a toxic atmosphere.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Supporters Negatvitiy on 08:24 - Dec 2 with 1490 viewshaynes_toe1

Supporters Negatvitiy on 08:13 - Dec 2 by davblue

We're partly in this mess because some supporters bought PR Paul hook, line and sinker as if they've never experienced someone saying something nice about them before.

As for the OP, the problem with what Lambert says is he's basically claiming all the negativity towards him is towards our younger players - when he's the only one to actually say anything negative about them.
Supporters Negatvitiy on 08:24 - Dec 2 with 1486 viewsPlums

Supporters Negatvitiy on 08:17 - Dec 2 by jimmyvet

Good post...it’s all too easy to get caught up in a downward spiral of negativity and whatever people might think it will effect the playing staff and staff in general. Am I happy with Lambert’s performance no, however a reality check is that we are 5th with a lot of injuries in very difficult and different times. Football and the individuals within are not immune from having to deal with this pandemic no more than us and it has been a really tough year for everybody.

This feels like when a very vocal group wanted mick out and the outcome of that is now league 1 football which is terrible in so many way. I just don’t see sacking lambert now will make a huge difference I really don’t and perhaps a bit more calm and rationale thinking is required.

If getting rid now would make no difference then the game’s up. If you truly believe our players can’t be better coached and organised than they are at the moment, we’re heading for League 2. To be honest, I see U12 teams with better embedded patterns of play and approaches to the game. The man and his ‘I’m here to shout at the 4th official’ sidekick are a waste of space.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024