Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lambert doesn´t get it (but he is not alone) 08:11 - Dec 2 with 699 viewsBlueySwede

Being a reporter myself I see reactions like the ones Lambert is having at the moment more and more.
Some people just don´t understand what the role of a reporter/journalist is. Our job is not to promote a certain club (or business or whatever), players, team, etc. The job is to report what is seen, analyze, report different views on certain topics like why a certain thing isn´t working (like why a team losing, is out of form, etc).
I am not a fan of only presenting negative news, but there is no shying away from asking critical questions. In my opinion Lambert is making himself look like a fool at the moment, he is giving very strange, aggrivated answers. Just answer the questions in a civilized way, you have the right to say "I don´t know" or "I have to think about that before I can answer that". That is a much better answer than "it´s the medias fault".
Sorry for poor English (from Sweden)
[Post edited 2 Dec 2020 8:14]
Lambert doesn´t get it (but he is not alone) on 09:00 - Dec 2 with 509 viewsKropotkin123

The local media are more than this. We are a family club which has historically had huge community ties. Often reporters are also supporters. They are an extension of the fanbase, representing the community of supporters.

They are therefore dutybound to ask questions that serve the Ipswich community and report on this for their readership. They, unlike the national press, do want us to do well all of the time. They are not interested in building readership through negativity, which has been implied by PL. They are working in largely captured markets that crossover, rather than compete.

Subsequently, the banning of Phil, whilst he clearly and undeniably takes the personal and potentially economical hit, is also the banning of the TWTD community. Specifically it is the banning of the section of supporters that he diligently serves. PL has restricted our access to information and this is unforgivable.

Lambert Out.
[Post edited 2 Dec 2020 9:02]

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Lambert doesn´t get it (but he is not alone) on 09:04 - Dec 2 with 479 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Lambert has been around long enough to know exactly what the press are there for.

But from experience, (in my previous life I've had close dealings with Lambert over the years when he was at Villa, and a little bit at Stoke too), he doesn't like the press when things are not going well for him.

He doesn't typically shout and swear at them, far from it, but I've been on the end of several long stares and dirty looks on multiple occasions.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Lambert doesn´t get it (but he is not alone) on 11:40 - Dec 2 with 369 viewsRyorry

Lambert doesn´t get it (but he is not alone) on 09:04 - Dec 2 by Cheltenham_Blue

Lambert has been around long enough to know exactly what the press are there for.

But from experience, (in my previous life I've had close dealings with Lambert over the years when he was at Villa, and a little bit at Stoke too), he doesn't like the press when things are not going well for him.

He doesn't typically shout and swear at them, far from it, but I've been on the end of several long stares and dirty looks on multiple occasions.

Highlights his (PL's) pettiness and lack of professionalism then.

You begin to get an idea of why some players (eg Dobra) might be regularly left out, and others (eg Judge) regularly shoe-horned in irrespective of how they're actually playing ...

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024