Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Vaccine priority List 10:21 - Dec 2 with 22399 viewsitfcpaul

Just been published and looks like the majority of us won't get it for months, maybe even after Spring at the earliest, looks like a long haul to get this vaccine to everyone, that's even if we can get 120 million that we need.....

And on a football note, please Mr. Lambert will you leave our club

This post has been edited by an administrator

Poll: Who would you want as Ipswich manager in November. there aren't many candidates

Vaccine priority List on 10:22 - Dec 2 with 4212 viewsStokieBlue

That's fair enough though and correct in my opinion.

There needs to be an order based on risk and a lot of us will be quite a way down that list.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Vaccine priority List on 10:24 - Dec 2 with 4157 viewsElderGrizzly

This is the priority for the first wave:

1 Older adults resident in a care home and care home workers
2 All those 80 years of age and over. Front line health and social care workers
3 All those 75 years of age and over
4 All those 70 years of age and over
5 All those 65 years of age and over
6 All Individuals aged 16 to 64 with underlying health conditions.
7 Moderate-risk adults under 65 years of age
8 All those 60 years of age and over
9 All those 55 years of age and over
10 All those 50 years of age and over
11 The rest of the population (priority to be determined).
Vaccine priority List on 10:25 - Dec 2 with 4162 viewsKieran_Knows

Vaccine priority List on 10:24 - Dec 2 by ElderGrizzly

So basically, as a 28 year old, healthy and not overweight person, I’ll never get the vaccine?

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Vaccine priority List on 10:26 - Dec 2 with 4153 viewsitfcpaul

I agree with it, of course, I am just saying that the big headline is that it's here, when in fact only one has been approved, we are only getting an initial 10 million which will sort 5 million out and the rest will have to wait until other ones are available, I know this Covid period has been awful but this vaccine isn't going to be the saviour, although it sounds like the Govt. as usual are only giving the good new

it's like with the Christmas free for all they have allowed, how stupid are they, it will just increase transmission beyond anything we have seen for 9 months and we will have a 3rd lockdown it's inevitable.

remember the world beating track and trace system and many other promises they have said are good news, which have turned out to be false dawns, week here's another one, pessimistic, maybe, realistic definitely...

Poll: Who would you want as Ipswich manager in November. there aren't many candidates

Vaccine priority List on 10:26 - Dec 2 with 4128 viewsElderGrizzly

Vaccine priority List on 10:25 - Dec 2 by Kieran_Knows

So basically, as a 28 year old, healthy and not overweight person, I’ll never get the vaccine?

Probably around September.

Its going to take until April at the earliest to get the priority list done
Vaccine priority List on 10:27 - Dec 2 with 4138 viewsitfcpaul

yes, but according to them you are least at risk.....

Vaccine priority List on 10:28 - Dec 2 with 4127 viewsMookamoo

It hasn't just been published - that priority list came out months ago.

Once the most vulnerable have been given the vaccine we will start to move down through he tiers, so the impact will benefit all.
Vaccine priority List on 10:28 - Dec 2 with 4113 viewsTractorWood

Perhaps. However, that's because if you scrutinise the mortality data it poses a statistically less significant risk to you.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Login to get fewer ads

Vaccine priority List on 10:29 - Dec 2 with 4109 viewsblueasfook

Perfectly happy to be at the back of the queue!

TWTD Veteran
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Vaccine priority List on 10:29 - Dec 2 with 4092 viewsitfcpaul

Vaccine priority List on 10:29 - Dec 2 by blueasfook

Perfectly happy to be at the back of the queue!

Unless you get it of course and then pass it onto someone who is more likely to get it than you?

Vaccine priority List on 10:30 - Dec 2 with 4071 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Dependant on how quickly the Oxford one gets scrutinised, you might get it quicker(i am the same age although definitely not healthy!) as that is the one that we have the most doses in.

Either way it'll be the latter end of next year, but hopefully by then all the people you have contact with who are vulnerable to it will have been vaccinated.

If we have to rely on the Moderna and Pfizer one it will delay it as we don't have as many doses for that.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Vaccine priority List on 10:31 - Dec 2 with 4062 viewsitfcpaul

Vaccine priority List on 10:28 - Dec 2 by Mookamoo

Once the most vulnerable have been given the vaccine we will start to move down through he tiers, so the impact will benefit all.

It has just been published officially by MHRA, but please if your main priorities are to be pedantic about when a list was actually published then the whole idea of misinformation and false promises, off you go

Vaccine priority List on 10:32 - Dec 2 with 4044 viewshomer_123

Vaccine priority List on 10:22 - Dec 2 by StokieBlue

That's fair enough though and correct in my opinion.

There needs to be an order based on risk and a lot of us will be quite a way down that list.

SB

I don't think the OP is complaining as such and I hope not.

Those in more need, should get the vaccine first - no question. In fact, as a society maybe it's something we should do a little more of in general. Put those in need first.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Vaccine priority List on 10:33 - Dec 2 with 4043 viewsblueasfook

Vaccine priority List on 10:29 - Dec 2 by itfcpaul

Unless you get it of course and then pass it onto someone who is more likely to get it than you?

I'd rather take my chances with the virus than be a guinea pig for a rushed out vaccine. Happy to take the vaccine and am not in the anti-vax camp but I don't want to be first either!

TWTD Veteran
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Vaccine priority List on 10:33 - Dec 2 with 4036 viewsitfcpaul

Vaccine priority List on 10:30 - Dec 2 by JammyDodgerrr

Dependant on how quickly the Oxford one gets scrutinised, you might get it quicker(i am the same age although definitely not healthy!) as that is the one that we have the most doses in.

Either way it'll be the latter end of next year, but hopefully by then all the people you have contact with who are vulnerable to it will have been vaccinated.

If we have to rely on the Moderna and Pfizer one it will delay it as we don't have as many doses for that.

It's going to me months before we get to that stage even Chris Witty said today it will be spring until all the "vulnerable" people are vaccinated, that's not what the Govt are messaging is it?

Vaccine priority List on 10:34 - Dec 2 with 4025 viewsitfcpaul

Vaccine priority List on 10:32 - Dec 2 by homer_123

I don't think the OP is complaining as such and I hope not.

Those in more need, should get the vaccine first - no question. In fact, as a society maybe it's something we should do a little more of in general. Put those in need first.

Not complaining at all, just making people aware, just in case you believe the Govt spin that it will be here in weeks, even the govt scientists are saying even the vulnerable recipients wont be complete until Spring, so everyone else will be after that

Vaccine priority List on 10:36 - Dec 2 with 4011 viewsEastTownBlue

Vaccine priority List on 10:28 - Dec 2 by Mookamoo

The major difference is at number 6 for those with underlying health issues.
Vaccine priority List on 10:36 - Dec 2 with 4005 viewshomer_123

Vaccine priority List on 10:34 - Dec 2 by itfcpaul

Not complaining at all, just making people aware, just in case you believe the Govt spin that it will be here in weeks, even the govt scientists are saying even the vulnerable recipients wont be complete until Spring, so everyone else will be after that

It was always going to take a long time. Well into 2021.

Vaccine priority List on 10:37 - Dec 2 with 4003 viewsitfcpaul

Vaccine priority List on 10:36 - Dec 2 by homer_123

It was always going to take a long time. Well into 2021.

I agree but when you listen to Boris and Matt they do seem to forget to be realistic about telling people that, it's all about its been approved, it's here, next few weeks etc

Vaccine priority List on 10:42 - Dec 2 with 3976 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Vaccine priority List on 10:24 - Dec 2 by ElderGrizzly

It's an interesting priority list because it puts the emphasis purely on mortality rate per category.

An alternative would be to say "let's maximise the effect on transmission rates":

1. Frontline NHS and other key workers (including care home staff and carers for the housebound and nominated care home and housebound visitors)
2.Anyone who is working at their workplace, rather than at home.
3. Other working age adults (maybe tiered by age) in higher transmission areas
4. Other working age adults (maybe tiered by age) in lower transmission areas
5. Active retired people
6. Care Home Residents and the Housebound (if their carers and nominated visitors are vaccinated (and Covid protocols continue to be followed) then the risk of transmission to them is minimised, which should be the priority)

Do it this way round and things can return to normal much more quickly.
Vaccine priority List on 10:42 - Dec 2 with 3973 viewshomer_123

Vaccine priority List on 10:37 - Dec 2 by itfcpaul

I agree but when you listen to Boris and Matt they do seem to forget to be realistic about telling people that, it's all about its been approved, it's here, next few weeks etc

To be fair though - they are right.

It has been approved and it will be rolled out within weeks, that's not incorrect. But I take your point.

Vaccine priority List on 10:42 - Dec 2 with 3973 viewsMookamoo

Vaccine priority List on 10:31 - Dec 2 by itfcpaul

It has just been published officially by MHRA, but please if your main priorities are to be pedantic about when a list was actually published then the whole idea of misinformation and false promises, off you go

It was published in September and I thought it was common knowledge. I've seen it reported in fair few places since then.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/priority-groups-for-coronavirus-covid
Vaccine priority List on 10:43 - Dec 2 with 3961 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Vaccine priority List on 10:33 - Dec 2 by blueasfook

I'd rather take my chances with the virus than be a guinea pig for a rushed out vaccine. Happy to take the vaccine and am not in the anti-vax camp but I don't want to be first either!

They're doing all our doctors and nurses first. If it goes wrong then it's going to go very, very wrong.
Vaccine priority List on 10:43 - Dec 2 with 3949 viewsStokieBlue

Vaccine priority List on 10:34 - Dec 2 by itfcpaul

There has been no government spin about everyone getting it in weeks.

It's been very clear from the outset that there would be a priority list based on risk.

It's about the only thing they have been clear on.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Vaccine priority List on 10:44 - Dec 2 with 3941 viewsElderGrizzly

Vaccine priority List on 10:33 - Dec 2 by blueasfook

This is worth a read

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024