Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nigel Pearson 12:54 - Dec 2 with 1120 viewsBlueBlood90

I'm not quite sure how but this story appeared on my Google homepage this morning.

Pearson Disappointed Not to Get Town Job 10th Apr 2012 09:28
Leicester manager Nigel Pearson has admitted he was disappointed not to be named Blues boss when he was interviewed for the role after Joe Royle’s departure in May 2006. Pearson, who was the assistant manager at West Brom at the time, was interviewed by then-Town chairman David Sheepshanks and chief executive Derek Bowden but lost out to retiring Blues skipper Jim Magilton. 22

An article from 2012 of Nigel Pearson talking about how disappointed he was not to be given the Ipswich job back in 2006 when Jim got the job.

Talks about how it's a lovely club and area with links to his wife's family. Not sure if that is still the case all these years later but it got me thinking that he's very much a Marcus Evans 'type' of manager. He's experienced with a decent CV.

Recently did brilliant at Watford and the team he pretty much assembled at Leicester won the Premier League the year after he left.

What do we think? Is he somebody we could get behind? (All hypothetical of course).

Poll: Do you think we have a stronger squad this season or last season?

Nigel Pearson on 13:25 - Dec 2 with 963 viewsCrayonKing

Wouldn't be my first choice (I think Cowley is a better fit all round) but certainly wouldn't be disappointed.

I reckon he'll get a big Championship job, or even another Premier League firefighting job though so doubt we could attract him anyway.
Nigel Pearson on 13:39 - Dec 2 with 888 viewsGarv

Don't particularly like him but he's good on paper.

Doubt we'd get him.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Nigel Pearson on 13:41 - Dec 2 with 868 viewsm14_blue

Can’t we just have a manager who isn’t a total bellend for once?*

*MM being the exception that proves the rule
Nigel Pearson on 13:42 - Dec 2 with 861 viewsitfcpaul

It's unlikley, I think we will end up with KD in charge if anything for this season with TB etc helping him out. Would be nice to think we could get one of Paul Cook, Cowleys, Pearson or Nigel Clough (yes I know he has a job and we wont pay compensation) but we wont

Poll: Who would you want as Ipswich manager in November. there aren't many candidates

Nigel Pearson on 14:41 - Dec 2 with 763 viewsmonty_radio

Nigel Pearson on 13:41 - Dec 2 by m14_blue

Can’t we just have a manager who isn’t a total bellend for once?*

*MM being the exception that proves the rule

Although, when questioned about his regard for past managers and who was the rudest or least cooperative, Phil did put him at the top of his list so it wasn't just "snowflakes" who found his attitude unpleasant.

Many who now raise the issue of club management of communal and relational aspects were (and would be happy) to put up with MM because he kept us just about afloat. But some of those now seem to find P.L.'s behaviour an issue in part perhaps because it comes linked with poor results i.e. he has no slack to be cut

It would help to restore us in terms of our accessibility as a club if the next manager wasn't yet another cut from the cloth of old-school autocrat, though that's what you so often get if you turn to a manager purely because of their past acts of success or salvation.
[Post edited 2 Dec 2020 14:58]

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Nigel Pearson on 17:11 - Dec 2 with 507 viewsBluespeed225

A matter of finance at the time, Jim just retired, dropped straight in, happy to get a job straight away, knew the Club and what he had to play with money wise, and a lot cheaper I would imagine than Pearson.Of course, this was pre Evans, and now the matters of finance are still there, just different!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024