Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
When was the last time you were truly happy as a Town fan? 17:28 - Dec 2 with 3644 viewsWickwar_Blue

I’ve been moaning about Town since Scott Duncan left
When was the last time you were truly happy as a Town fan? on 17:32 - Dec 2 with 2430 viewstractordownsouth

December 2014.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

When was the last time you were truly happy as a Town fan? on 17:36 - Dec 2 with 2404 viewsEdwardStone

I nearly exploded with delight/joy at Carlos Edwards wondergoal at Derby a few seasons back

Still smiling every time I think of it
When was the last time you were truly happy as a Town fan? on 17:43 - Dec 2 with 2381 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Scott Duncan? Don't get me started on Scott Duncan! He fielded a team with 4 Half Backs once!
When was the last time you were truly happy as a Town fan? on 17:43 - Dec 2 with 2380 viewsPJH

Personally it would be each time that I watched Naarwich lose all of their games live on TV at the back end of 2019/20.

I think I was happy, despite the result, at the end of the playoff game at Carrot Rud because of the togetherness that we had on and off the pitch at that time.

There have been fleeting moments of happiness after that, usually associated with away wins under MM.
When was the last time you were truly happy as a Town fan? on 18:04 - Dec 2 with 2339 viewsPendejo

When was the last time you were truly happy as a Town fan? on 17:43 - Dec 2 by PJH

Personally it would be each time that I watched Naarwich lose all of their games live on TV at the back end of 2019/20.

I think I was happy, despite the result, at the end of the playoff game at Carrot Rud because of the togetherness that we had on and off the pitch at that time.

There have been fleeting moments of happiness after that, usually associated with away wins under MM.

Whilst unable to quantify truly happy for myself...
I mean is that winning UEFA Cup in 81?
Promotion as Champions in 92?
Wembley 2000?

Or as you say, fleeting feelings following away wins under MM... Villa Park after Huws scored, for example
Or as another poster states, December 2014, specifically after 3-0 home win over Charlton...

I'll go for the euphoria of Wembley 2000.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

When was the last time you were truly happy as a Town fan? on 18:08 - Dec 2 with 2328 viewsWD19

14th February 2015 when we beat Fulham away and had a great day.
(....although our winning performance away at Millwall a couple of weeks previous had sowed a few doubts.)
When was the last time you were truly happy as a Town fan? on 18:10 - Dec 2 with 2318 viewsArnieM

“Reuser....Premiership” !!!!

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

When was the last time you were truly happy as a Town fan? on 18:12 - Dec 2 with 2309 viewsSwansea_Blue

When was the last time you were truly happy as a Town fan? on 17:36 - Dec 2 by EdwardStone

I nearly exploded with delight/joy at Carlos Edwards wondergoal at Derby a few seasons back

Still smiling every time I think of it

That bald fella who got the winner against Watford in the dying minutes was a pretty good moment too.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

When was the last time you were truly happy as a Town fan? on 18:18 - Dec 2 with 2285 viewsjayessess

I'm easily pleased, but I was truly happy when we were top of the league last season.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

When was the last time you were truly happy as a Town fan? on 18:21 - Dec 2 with 2275 viewsParky

Tranmere away, what a bloody day! Proper old school away day.

Does that count?
When was the last time you were truly happy as a Town fan? on 18:23 - Dec 2 with 2264 viewswkj

The Burley era - it was simple times, social media wasn't ubiquitous, and I still got my results from the Green Un and teletext. (We didn't get a posh telly until the Europe season)

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

November 2007 on 18:28 - Dec 2 with 2245 viewsunstableblue

Ipswich 6 - Bristol City 0

And when an away manager stated: "They were rampant from the start and outplayed us in all parts."

Yes Magilton was failing away from home, and clearly was a little mad in the management style.

But what people forget - and just think of the poor younger fans who've only witnessed Macus' cack appointment - is that Town used to attack in waves, relentless, for long periods. We bossed the visiting team.

Even under Mick, our best period since 2007, we were often second best, and were reserved. Visiting managers would often bemoan not getting the result they deserved.

Teams used to sh!t themselves coming to PR.

Sighs

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

When was the last time you were truly happy as a Town fan? on 18:29 - Dec 2 with 2240 viewsWickwar_Blue

I think the nearest I have been to delirious was at Oakwell when we were 3-0 after 85 mins and managed to draw.

Happy.... when we beat Tranmere 4-1 last year. I was at Portman Road, with my Dad (he’s not well but he managed moan most of the game). I’d bloody love a similar day out right now.
When was the last time you were truly happy as a Town fan? on 18:35 - Dec 2 with 2206 viewsjaykay

When was the last time you were truly happy as a Town fan? on 18:29 - Dec 2 by Wickwar_Blue

I think the nearest I have been to delirious was at Oakwell when we were 3-0 after 85 mins and managed to draw.

Happy.... when we beat Tranmere 4-1 last year. I was at Portman Road, with my Dad (he’s not well but he managed moan most of the game). I’d bloody love a similar day out right now.

bloody hell how old is your dad. unless you meant scotts son john

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

When was the last time you were truly happy as a Town fan? on 18:37 - Dec 2 with 2199 viewsWickwar_Blue

When was the last time you were truly happy as a Town fan? on 18:35 - Dec 2 by jaykay

bloody hell how old is your dad. unless you meant scotts son john

😂 I don’t really remember Scott Duncan..... my first game wasn’t until the Ferguson era.
When was the last time you were truly happy as a Town fan? on 18:37 - Dec 2 with 2195 viewsTrumpLambert

Last night, WE DOMINATED

@realTrumpLambo

When was the last time you were truly happy as a Town fan? on 18:39 - Dec 2 with 2184 viewsHealysBackPocket

I think it was probably Chaplow’s goal at Watford away. Nearly everything after that has been a mixture of disappointment, anger and/or apathy.
When was the last time you were truly happy as a Town fan? on 18:40 - Dec 2 with 2177 viewsSwansea_Blue

In terms of a period, rather than a specific game, it's got to be Royle's time hasn't it? I think that was the last time I felt like we could still go somewhere.

Magilton's weird seasons where we did well at home but crap on the road would have been ok for a ST holder.

Mick's PO season may be an obvious shout, but I wasn't especially happy with how we were playing under him even then. We had a spell in about Oct/November that was great, but that season after Christmas was a bore, brief excitement for the PO semi aside.

So basically, pre-Evans.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

November 2007 on 18:41 - Dec 2 with 2174 viewsFtnfwest

November 2007 on 18:28 - Dec 2 by unstableblue

Ipswich 6 - Bristol City 0

And when an away manager stated: "They were rampant from the start and outplayed us in all parts."

Yes Magilton was failing away from home, and clearly was a little mad in the management style.

But what people forget - and just think of the poor younger fans who've only witnessed Macus' cack appointment - is that Town used to attack in waves, relentless, for long periods. We bossed the visiting team.

Even under Mick, our best period since 2007, we were often second best, and were reserved. Visiting managers would often bemoan not getting the result they deserved.

Teams used to sh!t themselves coming to PR.

Sighs

We’d also just slapped MMs Wolves team 7 days earlier
When was the last time you were truly happy as a Town fan? on 18:43 - Dec 2 with 2170 viewsdelias_cheesy_flaps

Post Robson and Burley I used to really enjoy watching Joe Royle's side...his footballing philosophy was "were going to score one more than you"...Super Jim was probably the last entertaining side we had to watch before Marcus Evans booted out Magic for Keane and the rest as they say is history...sh!t history!
[Post edited 2 Dec 2020 18:56]

Blog: This Might Rub You Up the Wrong Way, it Might Not!

When was the last time you were truly happy as a Town fan? on 18:45 - Dec 2 with 2160 viewsCrayonKing

For me it was when I started bringing my eldest to games. It makes me happy to know we'll always have the bond (curse?) of being Town fans. It makes me smile that his photo with Luke Chambers is still the wallpaper on his phone despite how bad we've been in the 2 years since it was taken. I'd like to think that in future years when he's moved away for uni/work/whatever we'll still meet up at games, so in that sense I'm always happy to be a Town fan.

Now if the question is when was I last truly happy with the club itself, that gets a whole lot trickier! Hard to top seeing Town play in the San Siro. Sadly its been pretty much downhill since then! There was a brief period when Jim was manager where I felt like we were getting the Ipswich Way(tm) back in the club again, but that was swept away under Evans and The Dark Lord and its never felt the same since.
When was the last time you were truly happy as a Town fan? on 18:47 - Dec 2 with 2146 viewsjeera

When was the last time you were truly happy as a Town fan? on 18:43 - Dec 2 by delias_cheesy_flaps

Post Robson and Burley I used to really enjoy watching Joe Royle's side...his footballing philosophy was "were going to score one more than you"...Super Jim was probably the last entertaining side we had to watch before Marcus Evans booted out Magic for Keane and the rest as they say is history...sh!t history!
[Post edited 2 Dec 2020 18:56]

There were some excellent times under Joe, and Jim and Mick.

It's a shame all that gets forgotten sometimes and a generalisation becomes the norm for some of those tenures.

Heck, there were even a few fun performances under Jewell.

The rest: Keane, Hurst,Lambert, have all been c***s with few redeeming features.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

When was the last time you were truly happy as a Town fan? on 18:48 - Dec 2 with 2145 viewstheinbetweener

Noel Hunt’s 95th minute winner against Charlton.
When was the last time you were truly happy as a Town fan? on 18:49 - Dec 2 with 2143 viewsYallop

Win lose or draw we've had some amazing experiences over the last 40 years.

I might not like the current regime but I'm desperate to be one of the lucky 2000 allowed back into Fortress Portman Rd next Saturday. There's still nothing else I'd rather do on a Saturday afternoon than be there.
When was the last time you were truly happy as a Town fan? on 18:58 - Dec 2 with 2111 viewsdelias_cheesy_flaps

When was the last time you were truly happy as a Town fan? on 18:49 - Dec 2 by Yallop

Win lose or draw we've had some amazing experiences over the last 40 years.

I might not like the current regime but I'm desperate to be one of the lucky 2000 allowed back into Fortress Portman Rd next Saturday. There's still nothing else I'd rather do on a Saturday afternoon than be there.

You're brave with no alcohol being sold....

Blog: This Might Rub You Up the Wrong Way, it Might Not!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024