Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We might want to be careful with the banners... 09:29 - Dec 3 with 7161 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at the owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

We might want to be careful with the banners... on 09:30 - Dec 3 with 3843 viewsJammyDodgerrr

I agree. As much as he is clearly letting us slide at this point, if he walks away we are screwed beyond belief.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

We might want to be careful with the banners... on 09:37 - Dec 3 with 3747 viewstrncbluearmy

We might want to be careful with the banners... on 09:30 - Dec 3 by JammyDodgerrr

I agree. As much as he is clearly letting us slide at this point, if he walks away we are screwed beyond belief.

Based on his record we are screwed if he stays
We might want to be careful with the banners... on 09:40 - Dec 3 with 3708 viewsfooters

You can't just up sticks and divest yourself of responsibility because of a banner and some pretty mild protests.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

We might want to be careful with the banners... on 09:41 - Dec 3 with 3694 viewsPlums

We might want to be careful with the banners... on 09:30 - Dec 3 by JammyDodgerrr

Slide?
He’s taken a top 10 Championship club and a major community asset and turned it into a poundshop, League 1 also-ran in 13 years. If that places him above open, public criticism then we really have gone through the looking glass.
If he walks away, the massive debt is wiped off which means someone who understands the game and fans might, just might - have a chance of stepping in.
The slow, painful death of what’s been a major, daily (thanks to TWTD) part of my life for 42 years is not something that should be perpetuated through inaction.

Well done Blue Action, more of us need to stand up.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

We might want to be careful with the banners... on 09:42 - Dec 3 with 3682 viewsSomethingBlue

Evans is the person all this stuff really needs to be aimed at.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

We might want to be careful with the banners... on 09:43 - Dec 3 with 3666 viewsDanTheMan

Can't say I agree. Whilst Lambert does need to go, Evans does need to take a pretty giant portion of the blame. It's a lot of his bad decisions that have landed us here.

I don't understand the idea that if he walks, that is an apocalyptic scenario for the club. I do not think there would be absolutely nobody interested in buying us.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

We might want to be careful with the banners... on 09:44 - Dec 3 with 3643 viewsTieDyedIn95

But it's his fault.

He's running the club, all of this absolute mess is his doing. If anything we have been far too tame, he's got away with so much because of how good Ipswich supporters are, others clubs would have already seen on the pitch protests.

He should be our target. If he's not then any complaining is pointless. Nothing changes until he either sorts this mess out or clears off for good.

More of the same please.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

We might want to be careful with the banners... on 09:46 - Dec 3 with 3623 viewsBlueBadger

As I've been saying for some time now, Evans' decisions over the past decade-and-a-bit are ultimately how we ended up in the third division. Lambert's over the past two years are why we'll be staying here for a long time.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Login to get fewer ads

We might want to be careful with the banners... on 09:49 - Dec 3 with 3598 viewsLockdownleonard

There is certainly nothing ‘cool’ or beneficial in publicly citing the owner of any organisation as the reason for its demise or current failure. If those behind these messages simply want to demonstrate artistic capability, they could do so at a local library, without compromising the existence of a famous football club.
Any messages to the owner, designed to be picked up by the press, must be themed on a desire to work with him, to see fortunes turned with his reputation enhanced along the way. I touched on this yesterday- but egos and the need to be ‘loved’ are like bread and butter to most of the multi-millionaires that plough money into zero return projects like sports clubs.
To offend the hand that feeds, is the most primitive of responses to a complex, fast-moving situation.
We might want to be careful with the banners... on 09:51 - Dec 3 with 3583 viewsCoco

An odd view.

I owe the man nothing. A football club is about the fans. He needs us. This is our club, our club he decided to buy. Do we just shut up like suppressed little peasants and allow our ruling overlord destroy the thing we've built?

A revolution is needed.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

We might want to be careful with the banners... on 09:54 - Dec 3 with 3549 viewsTractorWood

Swing and a miss.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

We might want to be careful with the banners... on 09:54 - Dec 3 with 3548 viewsNthQldITFC

You think BA are doing it 'for the sake of trying to look cool'?

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

We might want to be careful with the banners... on 09:58 - Dec 3 with 3504 viewsBryanPlug

We might want to be careful with the banners... on 09:54 - Dec 3 by NthQldITFC

You think BA are doing it 'for the sake of trying to look cool'?

[content removed at owner's request]

We might want to be careful with the banners... on 09:58 - Dec 3 with 3505 viewsfooters

We might want to be careful with the banners... on 09:49 - Dec 3 by Lockdownleonard

There is certainly nothing ‘cool’ or beneficial in publicly citing the owner of any organisation as the reason for its demise or current failure. If those behind these messages simply want to demonstrate artistic capability, they could do so at a local library, without compromising the existence of a famous football club.
Any messages to the owner, designed to be picked up by the press, must be themed on a desire to work with him, to see fortunes turned with his reputation enhanced along the way. I touched on this yesterday- but egos and the need to be ‘loved’ are like bread and butter to most of the multi-millionaires that plough money into zero return projects like sports clubs.
To offend the hand that feeds, is the most primitive of responses to a complex, fast-moving situation.

How's your professional response that we should send to the club getting on? Can't wait to read a proper expert's take on things :)

We might want to be careful with the banners... on 09:58 - Dec 3 with 3506 viewsjayessess

Historically, I might have agreed with you, but now? I really don't see it. Evans routinely makes such terrible decisions for the football club that nowadays I'd rather the club were poorer and better run.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

We might want to be careful with the banners... on 09:59 - Dec 3 with 3492 viewsfooters

We might want to be careful with the banners... on 09:58 - Dec 3 by BryanPlug

Right. And what have you done about our current situation?

We might want to be careful with the banners... on 09:59 - Dec 3 with 3488 viewsSwansea_Blue

Let's hope he's got a thicker skin than Lambert then. I suspect he has and realises that his tenure hasn't been good enough. Which is a shame for all parties, but the truth of where we are.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

We might want to be careful with the banners... on 10:03 - Dec 3 with 3451 viewsReuser_is_God

What is the alternative?

To just sit back & continue to let the club sink into abyss?

The fact that Evans bankrolls us doesn't exclude him from criticism. He's the owner by his own choice, bankrolling us is the least he should do.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

We might want to be careful with the banners... on 10:06 - Dec 3 with 3418 viewsBryanPlug

We might want to be careful with the banners... on 09:59 - Dec 3 by footers

Right. And what have you done about our current situation?

We might want to be careful with the banners... on 10:09 - Dec 3 with 3401 viewsfooters

We might want to be careful with the banners... on 10:06 - Dec 3 by BryanPlug

https://localgiving.org/fundraising/ITFC-Christmas/

Maybe I should take it down in case Marcus sees it?

We might want to be careful with the banners... on 10:10 - Dec 3 with 3380 viewsLockdownleonard

We might want to be careful with the banners... on 09:58 - Dec 3 by footers

How's your professional response that we should send to the club getting on? Can't wait to read a proper expert's take on things :)

I think someone has already and quite correctly , separated the manager’s actions in respect of the the author of newsboard/forum, from the wider issue of fan protests against the owner.
In any organisation, it is accepted practice to ‘go through the line’ and this has clearly happened if it is true that the ban is lifted.
What is left, is the potential to repair the relationship between manager and fanbase and ultimately between owner and fanbase through a more adult and joined-up response to frustrating performances on the field of play. Let’s not forget that the club are still in a strong position in a changeable division, where a string of good results changes everything very quickly. Players have suffered in terms of fitness and tensions are fraught as us fans cannot ‘vent’ our frustration on a bi-weekly basis.
This is more to do with basic anxiety than the majority may care to realise or consider.
We might want to be careful with the banners... on 10:14 - Dec 3 with 3349 viewsBiGDonnie

I'd take that chance.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

LOL on 10:16 - Dec 3 with 3335 viewsDyland

So what?

Seriously, how much worse does it have to get before fans say enough is enough, even if that risks the club going under? Two more seasons in L1 with no promotion challenge? Relegation to L2? Fans are the fundamental reason football clubs exist. Yes of course someone needs to fund it, but I've had enough of this pussy footing around. I'd rather we went bust than float aimlessly around L1/2 with no direction or ambition. UNLESS... there is long term planning and someone who understands ITFC at the helm. Even then...

Evans needs to sack Lambert and then get lost himself.

We can't have it both ways.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

We might want to be careful with the banners... on 10:16 - Dec 3 with 3325 viewsjayessess

We might want to be careful with the banners... on 10:03 - Dec 3 by Reuser_is_God

What is the alternative?

To just sit back & continue to let the club sink into abyss?

The fact that Evans bankrolls us doesn't exclude him from criticism. He's the owner by his own choice, bankrolling us is the least he should do.

I don't think he owes us the content of his wallet, to be fair. What he does owe us is a degree of basic care for our community's most important institution. That means having a respectful relationship with supporters and local media. It means high standards for on the pitch and professional standards off it. It means careful and intelligent planning with whatever resources the club has, even if it's just running the club on its revenues.

He's failing on all counts right now.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

We might want to be careful with the banners... on 10:16 - Dec 3 with 3316 viewsfooters

We might want to be careful with the banners... on 10:10 - Dec 3 by Lockdownleonard

I think someone has already and quite correctly , separated the manager’s actions in respect of the the author of newsboard/forum, from the wider issue of fan protests against the owner.
In any organisation, it is accepted practice to ‘go through the line’ and this has clearly happened if it is true that the ban is lifted.
What is left, is the potential to repair the relationship between manager and fanbase and ultimately between owner and fanbase through a more adult and joined-up response to frustrating performances on the field of play. Let’s not forget that the club are still in a strong position in a changeable division, where a string of good results changes everything very quickly. Players have suffered in terms of fitness and tensions are fraught as us fans cannot ‘vent’ our frustration on a bi-weekly basis.
This is more to do with basic anxiety than the majority may care to realise or consider.

Look, you promised yesterday that you'd put together a professional response to the Club that we could all get behind. Don't let us down, sir!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024