Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
One thing I'm not sure I've ever heard ME say 16:40 - Dec 3 with 683 viewsScottCandage

If you ever read an ME interview, or listened to an L'ON press conference, or read a ME supporter's post on TWTD, inevitably that number will come up, as sure as PL will mention playing in Germany...

"He puts in 6 mil a year"

And yes, he does. But you know what? When ME bought the club, he became, for better or worse, the steward of the money that we put in the club, by way of tix and merch. It might not be as much as he puts in himself, but the money that we put in has value to the club.

NOT ONCE have I heard ME (or LON or ME supporters) say: "I am the steward of the money that fans invest into the club by way of tix and merch, and I promise to make prudent decisions based on my respect for the fans and their investment in us."

It's always about his money; never about ours.
[Post edited 3 Dec 2020 16:41]
One thing I'm not sure I've ever heard ME say on 16:43 - Dec 3 with 645 viewsfooters

It's an oddly specific thing to want him to say, in fairness. Not that I listen to many other club owners, but would bet they haven't said the same either.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

One thing I'm not sure I've ever heard ME say on 16:48 - Dec 3 with 608 viewsJ2BLUE

It would be a better argument if we were competing in the Championship but can anyone really say we would be in any worse of a position if he hadn't bought the club and we hadn't had his 'investment'?

If the £6m number is even accurate, it's not really a reason to be grateful when that has seen us slide down the Championship and eventually into league one. How he can talk about his 'investment strategy' with a straight face is beyond me.

We were his investment gamble. It didn't pay off. Now he is refusing to swallow the lose and trying to cut every corner possible. And now we're in league one.

Some people refuse to put the pieces together.

Oh and yes, his financial support has genuinely been valued and appreciated in the current circumstances but is one pandemic enough to get him off the hook for his time here? He should own his loss and start looking for a buyer and be realistic about a price. What good does it do him to stay and keep absorbing these losses?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

One thing I'm not sure I've ever heard ME say on 16:53 - Dec 3 with 574 viewsfooters

One thing I'm not sure I've ever heard ME say on 16:48 - Dec 3 by J2BLUE

It would be a better argument if we were competing in the Championship but can anyone really say we would be in any worse of a position if he hadn't bought the club and we hadn't had his 'investment'?

If the £6m number is even accurate, it's not really a reason to be grateful when that has seen us slide down the Championship and eventually into league one. How he can talk about his 'investment strategy' with a straight face is beyond me.

We were his investment gamble. It didn't pay off. Now he is refusing to swallow the lose and trying to cut every corner possible. And now we're in league one.

Some people refuse to put the pieces together.

Oh and yes, his financial support has genuinely been valued and appreciated in the current circumstances but is one pandemic enough to get him off the hook for his time here? He should own his loss and start looking for a buyer and be realistic about a price. What good does it do him to stay and keep absorbing these losses?

"What good does it do him to stay and keep absorbing these losses?"

It doesn't. But as he has said before, and I have no reason to doubt him on this, is that several offers have been made but he feels they wouldn't have been the right custodians. I think ME does want the best for us but now lacks the financial firepower to do it.

If he keeps ITFC out of the hands of these fly-by-night rotters, then it's hats off to ME say I.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Well, ME sure didn't say this today... (n/t) on 21:43 - Dec 3 with 403 viewsScottCandage

One thing I'm not sure I've ever heard ME say on 21:48 - Dec 3 with 372 viewspointofblue

One thing I'm not sure I've ever heard ME say on 16:53 - Dec 3 by footers

"What good does it do him to stay and keep absorbing these losses?"

It doesn't. But as he has said before, and I have no reason to doubt him on this, is that several offers have been made but he feels they wouldn't have been the right custodians. I think ME does want the best for us but now lacks the financial firepower to do it.

If he keeps ITFC out of the hands of these fly-by-night rotters, then it's hats off to ME say I.

If he wants the best for us he would sack Lambert.

All he cares about now is his bank balance.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024