Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is Evans implying he shouldn't have taken notice of the fans over McCarthy? 19:35 - Dec 3 with 897 viewsTrequartista

That is really bad news because that seems to mean he is saying he was wrong to give in to fan pressure before, and therefore won't do it again.

We're stuck with Lambert then.
[Post edited 3 Dec 2020 19:55]

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Is Evans implying he shouldn't have sacked McCarthy? on 19:43 - Dec 3 with 842 viewsBent_double

He didn't sack McCarthy though. Things had come to a natural end, for both sides.

In the same way, if PL's contract had expired at the end of last season (if only!), I'm pretty sure there would have been a parting of ways.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Is Evans implying he shouldn't have sacked McCarthy? on 19:47 - Dec 3 with 818 viewsTrequartista

Is Evans implying he shouldn't have sacked McCarthy? on 19:43 - Dec 3 by Bent_double

He didn't sack McCarthy though. Things had come to a natural end, for both sides.

In the same way, if PL's contract had expired at the end of last season (if only!), I'm pretty sure there would have been a parting of ways.

That's true he did resign, but i get the same implication from the phrase he has used.

Is Evans implying he shouldn't have sacked McCarthy? on 19:53 - Dec 3 with 785 viewsMattinLondon

I feel that by using the phrase ‘be careful what you wish for’ he was making some sort of dig towards TWTD as that is a phrase some have frequently used in defence of Mick.
Is Evans implying he shouldn't have sacked McCarthy? on 19:54 - Dec 3 with 776 viewspatrickswell

The thing is Evans should take a look at himself when considering factors which led to the painful way McCarthy's tenure ended. Summer 2015 needed him to make money available for McCarthy to go out and bring in the injection of quality that could have made a big difference in 15/16 and subsequent years. But he did nothing except start to encourage the drift into ennui that took place over the next 2 seasons. By the time he made money available to get the likes of Waghorn, Garner and Adeyemi (a decent enough signing on paper), the mood had turned against the manager, who was happy to act as Evans's shield. How could we progress when the manager was only ever back to back defeats away from the fans getting on his back.

And just like then, a colossal injury list didn't help.
Is Evans implying he shouldn't have taken notice of the fans over McCarthy? on 19:56 - Dec 3 with 747 viewsTrequartista

Amended the incorrect title.

Stuart Watson has encapsulated my point better than i have done here...

Is Evans implying he shouldn't have taken notice of the fans over McCarthy? on 20:02 - Dec 3 with 695 viewsGuthrum

Perhaps he blames the fans for the embarrassment of displaying his - or his advisers' - inability to select a manager who was up to the job (then giving an inexperienced man too much leeway)?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Is Evans implying he shouldn't have taken notice of the fans over McCarthy? on 20:07 - Dec 3 with 646 viewsTrequartista

Is Evans implying he shouldn't have taken notice of the fans over McCarthy? on 20:02 - Dec 3 by Guthrum

Perhaps he blames the fans for the embarrassment of displaying his - or his advisers' - inability to select a manager who was up to the job (then giving an inexperienced man too much leeway)?

I might be reading too much into it, but is he trying to drive a wedge between, and accentuate divisions, in what he sees as two opposing factions in the fanbase. Attempting to appeal to the ultra-loyal, supporters club type, mustn't grumble, "true fan" and attempting to disparage the moaning, criticising, non-compliant, TWTD forum fan?

Is Evans implying he shouldn't have taken notice of the fans over McCarthy? on 20:22 - Dec 3 with 580 viewsGuthrum

Is Evans implying he shouldn't have taken notice of the fans over McCarthy? on 20:07 - Dec 3 by Trequartista

I might be reading too much into it, but is he trying to drive a wedge between, and accentuate divisions, in what he sees as two opposing factions in the fanbase. Attempting to appeal to the ultra-loyal, supporters club type, mustn't grumble, "true fan" and attempting to disparage the moaning, criticising, non-compliant, TWTD forum fan?

It's difficult to tell from the perspective of a TWTD poster and someone who goes to more away than home matches whether that is a real or imagined division, how deep it may be and what the actual feelings of those "mustn't grumble" types are about the current situation. I've not met many (any?) who are failing to get at least slightly uneasy about the clubs progress over the last few seasons. Most are a lot more than that.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Login to get fewer ads

Is Evans implying he shouldn't have taken notice of the fans over McCarthy? on 20:23 - Dec 3 with 569 viewsSwansea_Blue

Is Evans implying he shouldn't have taken notice of the fans over McCarthy? on 20:02 - Dec 3 by Guthrum

And maybe now regrets being weak enough to be influenced to do something, in hindsight, he regrets. Not a good look is it?

A very strange statement. 90% standard filler you see in match programmes up and down the land every weekend. 10% emotionally insecure, defensive, paranoid nonsense.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Is Evans implying he shouldn't have taken notice of the fans over McCarthy? on 20:26 - Dec 3 with 561 viewsElderGrizzly

Is Evans implying he shouldn't have taken notice of the fans over McCarthy? on 19:56 - Dec 3 by Trequartista

Amended the incorrect title.

Stuart Watson has encapsulated my point better than i have done here...

This summed it up well

Is Evans implying he shouldn't have taken notice of the fans over McCarthy? on 20:29 - Dec 3 with 533 viewsfooters

Is Evans implying he shouldn't have taken notice of the fans over McCarthy? on 20:26 - Dec 3 by ElderGrizzly

This summed it up well

It'd be fecking expensive, but I'd pay towards that being the next BA banner.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Is Evans implying he shouldn't have taken notice of the fans over McCarthy? on 20:30 - Dec 3 with 530 viewsTrequartista

Is Evans implying he shouldn't have taken notice of the fans over McCarthy? on 20:22 - Dec 3 by Guthrum

It's difficult to tell from the perspective of a TWTD poster and someone who goes to more away than home matches whether that is a real or imagined division, how deep it may be and what the actual feelings of those "mustn't grumble" types are about the current situation. I've not met many (any?) who are failing to get at least slightly uneasy about the clubs progress over the last few seasons. Most are a lot more than that.

I wouldn't disagree, I think this is what he perceives is the case, rather that what the reality of the situation may be.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024