Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Evans blames the fans for relegation, doesn’t he? 22:26 - Dec 3 with 2312 viewspointofblue

“The manager, coaching staff, captain and players are all doing everything that I have asked of them in building a foundation for the future and as long as I see progress being made I will not be swayed into making the mistakes neatly summed up by the term ‘be careful what you wish for’ which caused our demise a couple of years ago.”

In other words - If YOU hadn’t forced Mick out we would still be in the Championship. YOU forced me to get rid of him. I’M not about to get rid of a manager who has us in the play offs because YOU’RE whining about him; look what happened the last time I followed YOUR lead.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Evans blames the fans for relegation, doesn’t he? on 13:40 - Dec 4 with 135 viewsHullblue

Evans blames the fans for relegation, doesn’t he? on 22:30 - Dec 3 by pointofblue

The Hurst decision was generally accepted by the fans to be fair, and it would have been difficult for Evans to pull rank and control players purchases and sales that summer - Hurst would have only had to say a word and the fans would have been up in arms. Unfortunately he left too much power in the hands who didn’t know what to do with it.

The appointment of Lambert was a ridiculous decision from the off.

Your point about power is exactly the right one.

Hurst could have been the reincarnation of Pep and Brian Clough combined - we still shouldn’t have just handed over millions and said here, do what you want with it.

Recruitment of players and managers should all be part of a long term plan - not something that one man can decide on a whim.

Even with Mick, who I loved, we gave him too much power. He left the community links and sports science to rot, and as a result we seem to be way behind other clubs in both departments.

It seems like Evans thinks sacking Lambert means starting all over again and putting us in even further danger. But if he and O’Neill were doing their jobs properly then it wouldn’t be such a big deal to sack the manager - it would be a case of choosing the next guy on the succession plan, who we know fits into our philosophy.

Instead we’re stuck with a narcissistic, beleaguered Scotsman on a massive contract. And at the moment it’s stinking the whole club out.

Blog: Sleep is the Cousin of Life

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024