Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Sebby Diaries - Even though I’m leaving... 07:58 - Dec 4 with 402 viewsNewcyBlue

Hey kids

At 0200 with Michael feeding, and Madeleine starting to stir, I kissed MrsN goodbye and left before she could see the tears on my face.

It’s going to be a long weekend. I’m travelling to Hong Kong. I have to get a COVID test in London, and then one on arrival in Honkers. I will be left to wait in a “holding pen” until my test result in Honkers comes back.

All going well I will board the ship Monday morning. It’s currently Friday morning.

I have been promoted to Chief Officer. The job I wanted. It’s a lot of responsibility.

I relish the opportunity. But leaving you all has never been harder than it was today.

It’s been a hard leave, full of hospital appointments and anxiety. I hope we are making progress.

When I get home you will all be bigger, stronger, and in more of a routine.

It’s a short one for now, I can’t put into words how much I miss you all. I hope that by doing what I do I can give you all the opportunities and happiness that I never had.

You’re all everything I love in life.

Here’s a song to convey my feelings.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

The Sebby Diaries - Even though I’m leaving... on 08:17 - Dec 4 with 357 viewsSteve_M

Very much a bittersweet day. Congratulations on the promotion although it is so obviously tempered by having to leave your family again.

Best wishes Chief Officer Newcy.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

The Sebby Diaries - Even though I’m leaving... on 08:20 - Dec 4 with 347 viewsBluefish

Ah so that is what the London trip is for! Glad you made and glad to hear my advice was considered the most trustworthy. :)

Well done on the promotion mate. Something about babies and promotions, I had exactly the same with all 3 of mine in being promoted within a month of the births either way. Puts a bit of a challenge on but these things get slightly easier each day.

Growing up my dad worked away a lot and when I got older I realised the sacrifice that he made

Make sure you stay in touch on your travels

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024