Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This ITFC twitter unfollow protest 15:30 - Dec 4 with 3753 viewskizaitfc

Ipswich's Twitter page down from 170.6k to 170.4k in just one afternoon from a simple tweet.

Things turning very quickly, and the fans seem to be in unison with anger towards PL, ME and the club in general.

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

This ITFC twitter unfollow protest on 15:34 - Dec 4 with 2558 viewsitfcjoe

That is 0.1% of their Twitter followers....

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

That'll show 'em. (n/t) on 15:34 - Dec 4 with 2545 viewsBloots

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

This ITFC twitter unfollow protest on 15:35 - Dec 4 with 2545 viewskizaitfc

This ITFC twitter unfollow protest on 15:34 - Dec 4 by itfcjoe

That is 0.1% of their Twitter followers....

It's 200 fans reacting in one afternoon from a random tweet sent out with a protest most individuals normally ignore
[Post edited 4 Dec 2020 15:37]

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

This ITFC twitter unfollow protest on 15:36 - Dec 4 with 2538 viewsclive_baker

Not sure a twitter account losing 200 followers is going to have much impact to be honest.

People need to vote with their feet, cancel DD's, not buy iFollow, avoid buying any merch for Christmas etc. and importantly, advise the club as to why. The only way Evans will take note is when the business case is strong enough to get rid of Lambert. If 3,000 people cancel season tickets, that's broadly a £1m revenue hole next year. At that point it's probably more expensive to keep Lambert than get rid, assuming his pay out is capped.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

This ITFC twitter unfollow protest on 15:37 - Dec 4 with 2523 viewstractorboy1978

This ITFC twitter unfollow protest on 15:35 - Dec 4 by kizaitfc

It's 200 fans reacting in one afternoon from a random tweet sent out with a protest most individuals normally ignore
[Post edited 4 Dec 2020 15:37]

This ITFC twitter unfollow protest on 15:37 - Dec 4 with 2519 viewskizaitfc

This ITFC twitter unfollow protest on 15:37 - Dec 4 by tractorboy1978

Edited ha

This ITFC twitter unfollow protest on 15:40 - Dec 4 with 2498 viewskizaitfc

This ITFC twitter unfollow protest on 15:36 - Dec 4 by clive_baker

Not sure a twitter account losing 200 followers is going to have much impact to be honest.

People need to vote with their feet, cancel DD's, not buy iFollow, avoid buying any merch for Christmas etc. and importantly, advise the club as to why. The only way Evans will take note is when the business case is strong enough to get rid of Lambert. If 3,000 people cancel season tickets, that's broadly a £1m revenue hole next year. At that point it's probably more expensive to keep Lambert than get rid, assuming his pay out is capped.

Very true, it's a difficult one with STs, particularly in these times I imagine the vast majority of people just want to be in PR again.

So cancelling the ST would obviously mean you wouldn't have a chance of getting in on the ballot.

Lets see how this protest goes off on Saturday, but I have to say if things remain like this come next season I will not be renewing

This ITFC twitter unfollow protest on 15:41 - Dec 4 with 2487 viewstractorboy1978

This ITFC twitter unfollow protest on 15:36 - Dec 4 by clive_baker

I hope enough people do this to make a statement. Easier said than done for many though I guess - try explaining to a 6 year old boy/girl why they can't have the latest ITFC kit for Christmas or why they won't be going to football anymore. Caught between a rock and a hard place.
[Post edited 4 Dec 2020 15:41]
Login to get fewer ads

This ITFC twitter unfollow protest on 15:43 - Dec 4 with 2462 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

It’s literally the most pathetic ‘protest’ I’ve ever seen.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

This ITFC twitter unfollow protest on 15:46 - Dec 4 with 2438 viewsPlums

This ITFC twitter unfollow protest on 15:43 - Dec 4 by The_Romford_Blue

It may be, but it builds a picture. At the moment, any illustration of dissatisfaction with the way the club is behaving is to be welcomed. Some of us can’t cancel DD’s we don’t have and don’t live anywhere near Ipswich.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

This ITFC twitter unfollow protest on 15:49 - Dec 4 with 2428 viewsSteve_M

This ITFC twitter unfollow protest on 15:43 - Dec 4 by The_Romford_Blue

Not even close. That took place before this match:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2009/feb/19/ipswich-town-nottingham-forest-

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

This ITFC twitter unfollow protest on 15:51 - Dec 4 with 2398 viewsBlueBadger

This ITFC twitter unfollow protest on 15:49 - Dec 4 by Steve_M

Not even close. That took place before this match:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2009/feb/19/ipswich-town-nottingham-forest-

I hold Bedsheet Rich and his mates personally responsible for everything that's gone wrong with ITFC over the past decade.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

This ITFC twitter unfollow protest on 15:58 - Dec 4 with 2370 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Sorry, isn't that just 200 people?

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

This ITFC twitter unfollow protest on 16:03 - Dec 4 with 2322 viewsHerbivore

That OP is unintentionally hilarious.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

This ITFC twitter unfollow protest on 16:04 - Dec 4 with 2314 viewshype313

Am I missing something?

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

This ITFC twitter unfollow protest on 16:06 - Dec 4 with 2308 viewsclive_baker

This ITFC twitter unfollow protest on 15:41 - Dec 4 by tractorboy1978

I hope enough people do this to make a statement. Easier said than done for many though I guess - try explaining to a 6 year old boy/girl why they can't have the latest ITFC kit for Christmas or why they won't be going to football anymore. Caught between a rock and a hard place.
[Post edited 4 Dec 2020 15:41]

That's very true, I appreciate it's not easy for everyone or indeed what some people want to do, which it's important to respect.

It'll make a nice change for me personally, rather than having to explain myself to my Irish, zero interest in Ipswich Town or football more generally wife as to why I'm spending money on ITFC related tat for my daughter who herself is far too young to understand what football is :)

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

This ITFC twitter unfollow protest on 16:12 - Dec 4 with 2279 viewsMetal_Hacker

This ITFC twitter unfollow protest on 15:40 - Dec 4 by kizaitfc

Very true, it's a difficult one with STs, particularly in these times I imagine the vast majority of people just want to be in PR again.

So cancelling the ST would obviously mean you wouldn't have a chance of getting in on the ballot.

Lets see how this protest goes off on Saturday, but I have to say if things remain like this come next season I will not be renewing

I think you kind of missed the point with your intended actions and comment though

"So cancelling the ST would obviously mean you wouldn't have a chance of getting in on the ballot"

Supporters are on about boycotting everything ...matchdays , season tickets , merch etc

Don't think the ballot would even be an issue if those that are hell bent on hitting ME where it hurts are really that bothered about missing out on a ballot

I hope they have no more than a handful of fans to choose from !!

2 is too many !!

Poll: If it were one or the other

Total knobber.... on 16:12 - Dec 4 with 2283 viewsBloots

This ITFC twitter unfollow protest on 15:51 - Dec 4 by BlueBadger

I hold Bedsheet Rich and his mates personally responsible for everything that's gone wrong with ITFC over the past decade.

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/banner-is-banned-from-portman-road-1-169187

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/tempers-flare-over-jim-out-banner-1-192957

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Total knobber.... on 16:20 - Dec 4 with 2227 viewsSteve_M

Total knobber.... on 16:12 - Dec 4 by Bloots

I couldn't find a picture of the banner earlier, most frustrating as it needs to be seen in all it's crapness.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

This ITFC twitter unfollow protest on 16:20 - Dec 4 with 2214 viewsMeadowlark

I've already purchased a Crazee soft toy for my granddaughter and the UEFA 81 book for myself, for Xmas.
Sorry....
I'm not cross with Sir Bobby or Crazee & Bluey!
Total knobber.... on 16:22 - Dec 4 with 2189 viewsBlueBadger

Total knobber.... on 16:12 - Dec 4 by Bloots

Bedsheet is from Haverhill. That explains a lot.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

This ITFC twitter unfollow protest on 16:25 - Dec 4 with 1960 viewsmonytowbray

What a sh1t protest.

I’m going to unfollow Boris Johnson then, that’ll show him.

People seem to forget A) following isn’t an endorsement and B) social media, beyond advertising, makes very little (if any) difference to a company’s bottom line.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

This ITFC twitter unfollow protest on 16:26 - Dec 4 with 1968 viewsReuser_is_God

There are 2 types of protests that can/would work.

1. People vote with their 'feet' 7 don't purchase iFollow, enter ballots for home games etc

2. A vocal/visual protest outside the ground on a matchday

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

This ITFC twitter unfollow protest on 16:27 - Dec 4 with 1963 viewslazyblue

Oh no really!

I take it I’m still allowed to watch my team tomorrow without upsetting too many people.
This ITFC twitter unfollow protest on 16:29 - Dec 4 with 1729 viewsHerbivore

This ITFC twitter unfollow protest on 16:27 - Dec 4 by lazyblue

Oh no really!

I take it I’m still allowed to watch my team tomorrow without upsetting too many people.

Do what you want.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024