Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lee Johnson is the man Sunderland want... 15:50 - Dec 4 with 2725 viewsKieran_Knows

... come on Evans, get rid of Lambert and get the Cowleys in!

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Lee Johnson is the man Sunderland want... on 15:55 - Dec 4 with 2689 viewsportmanking

Best news of the day for sure.

They don't want to work under a sporting director.... Evans is happy to let his managers rule the roost. The Cowleys would have full control to join the dots.
Lee Johnson is the man Sunderland want... on 15:56 - Dec 4 with 2676 viewsBlue_In_Boston

Have you ever watched a Cowley team play? Would make the McCarthy era look like amazing free-flowing football.
Lee Johnson is the man Sunderland want... on 15:57 - Dec 4 with 2666 viewsitfcjoe

Before last nights statement I would have been buzzing at this news, now it's just inconsequential

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Lee Johnson is the man Sunderland want... on 16:02 - Dec 4 with 2623 viewsRegencyBlue

You did see our illustrious owners statement yesterday?

Not going to happen!
Lee Johnson is the man Sunderland want... on 16:03 - Dec 4 with 2616 viewshype313

Lee Johnson is the man Sunderland want... on 15:57 - Dec 4 by itfcjoe

Before last nights statement I would have been buzzing at this news, now it's just inconsequential

Indeed, it's wibble in the grand scheme of things.

I pine for the good old days when a vote of confidence actually meant win the next game or you're out.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Lee Johnson is the man Sunderland want... on 16:05 - Dec 4 with 2601 viewsMattinLondon

Joe, you seem to know your stuff - are they really the long ball enthusiasts which people claim them to be?
Lee Johnson is the man Sunderland want... on 16:10 - Dec 4 with 2578 viewsportmanking

Lee Johnson is the man Sunderland want... on 16:05 - Dec 4 by MattinLondon

Joe, you seem to know your stuff - are they really the long ball enthusiasts which people claim them to be?

No they're not. They're pragmatists that get every ounce of what they have to work with.

Talk of them and Matt Rhead is like Mick using Murphy - if you've get an aerial powerhouse, why wouldn't you use them to their full potential?
Lee Johnson is the man Sunderland want... on 16:20 - Dec 4 with 2548 viewsitfc1108

I know that you can't say too much Joe, but is it still the same situation between Lambert and the players as you were describing at the start of the season?
I can't believe the players and Lambert are united against Stuart Watson or Phil for example.
Login to get fewer ads

Lee Johnson is the man Sunderland want... on 16:20 - Dec 4 with 2547 viewsitfcjoe

Lee Johnson is the man Sunderland want... on 16:05 - Dec 4 by MattinLondon

They are not champagne football, but they are not long ball merhcants, and they won't have us passing the ball pointlessly between CBs in our own half either

Adaptable pragmatists

Lee Johnson is the man Sunderland want... on 16:25 - Dec 4 with 2513 viewsitfcpaul

Lee Johnson is the man Sunderland want... on 16:20 - Dec 4 by itfcjoe

They are not champagne football, but they are not long ball merhcants, and they won't have us passing the ball pointlessly between CBs in our own half either

Adaptable pragmatists

According to Sky they hope to announce Lee Johnson in the next 24 hours

Poll: Who would you want as Ipswich manager in November. there aren't many candidates

Lee Johnson is the man Sunderland want... on 16:27 - Dec 4 with 2498 viewsBlueBadger

Lee Johnson is the man Sunderland want... on 16:20 - Dec 4 by itfcjoe

Adaptable pragmatists

So, a bit like a slightly more flexible and modern Mick?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Lee Johnson is the man Sunderland want... on 16:31 - Dec 4 with 2468 viewsSuperCoops

Are we really saying we want the Cowleys in at Town? It's a big no from me.
Lee Johnson is the man Sunderland want... on 16:40 - Dec 4 with 2426 viewsMattinLondon

Lee Johnson is the man Sunderland want... on 16:27 - Dec 4 by BlueBadger

So, a bit like a slightly more flexible and modern Mick?

In terms of ex-Town bosses I’d say Burley was more of an ‘adaptable pragmatist’. Preferred to play pretty passing attacking football but, if the opposition couldn’t defend in the air, he’d have no problem in long balls up.

If the Crowleys are like that then bring them on.
Lee Johnson is the man Sunderland want... on 16:45 - Dec 4 with 2395 viewsHarry_Palmer

Lee Johnson is the man Sunderland want... on 16:31 - Dec 4 by SuperCoops

Are we really saying we want the Cowleys in at Town? It's a big no from me.

Yes.
Lee Johnson is the man Sunderland want... on 17:07 - Dec 4 with 2324 viewsitfcjoe

Lee Johnson is the man Sunderland want... on 16:20 - Dec 4 by itfc1108

I know that you can't say too much Joe, but is it still the same situation between Lambert and the players as you were describing at the start of the season?
I can't believe the players and Lambert are united against Stuart Watson or Phil for example.

I can’t confirm as haven’t spoke to many people lately, but certainly haven’t heard it’s any different to that

Lee Johnson is the man Sunderland want... on 18:59 - Dec 4 with 2129 viewspeterleeblue

My ref contacts at Football league level describe the Cowleys as W@nkers. Flat track bully management. Maybe what we need right now but will only end in long terms tears.
I hope we can do better.
Lee Johnson is the man Sunderland want... on 19:05 - Dec 4 with 2102 viewsEireannach_gorm

Lee Johnson is the man Sunderland want... on 18:59 - Dec 4 by peterleeblue

My ref contacts at Football league level describe the Cowleys as W@nkers. Flat track bully management. Maybe what we need right now but will only end in long terms tears.
I hope we can do better.

Not only can we not do better than them, we can't do as good as them.
Lee Johnson is the man Sunderland want... on 20:56 - Dec 4 with 1894 viewssilkcutblue

Lee Johnson is the man Sunderland want... on 15:56 - Dec 4 by Blue_In_Boston

Have you ever watched a Cowley team play? Would make the McCarthy era look like amazing free-flowing football.

You didn't watch the fa cup game in 2017 I take it
Lee Johnson is the man Sunderland want... on 20:58 - Dec 4 with 1892 viewsElderGrizzly

Importantly, they’ve put in the right structure around Johnson.

Something we will fail to do with any appointment
Lee Johnson is the man Sunderland want... on 21:28 - Dec 4 with 1842 viewsSeablu

Utter drivel based on nothing more than lazy hearsay.
Lee Johnson is the man Sunderland want... on 21:43 - Dec 4 with 1814 viewsshamboy

Lee Johnson is the man Sunderland want... on 21:28 - Dec 4 by Seablu

Utter drivel based on nothing more than lazy hearsay.

It's going back a bit, but back in the Cowley's Braintree days, I watched them beat Lincoln City in the Conference. The chap I was watching the game with was also mates with Chris Kiwomya, and Chris sat with us.
My mate explained to us that the Braintree midfielders were not allowed to take more than two touches. As the game unfolded it became clear that is was 100% true. Braintree had two decent players working the channels, and every time one of the four players across the midfield got onto the ball, it was one touch and bang it into the channels.
I wonder how their game has evolved.
Lee Johnson is the man Sunderland want... on 23:53 - Dec 4 with 1695 viewsBryanPlug

Lee Johnson is the man Sunderland want... on 18:59 - Dec 4 by peterleeblue

I hope we can do better.

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Lee Johnson is the man Sunderland want... on 07:54 - Dec 5 with 1580 viewsjas0999

No chance of anything but Lambert staying. Safest job in the football, thanks to Evans shocking decision to give PL a five year deal. Notwithstanding Evans arrogance and refusal to listen to anyone particularly the fans.
Lee Johnson is the man Sunderland want... on 08:35 - Dec 5 with 1546 viewsbluejacko

I watched them playing us off the park twice! Good enough for me .
Lee Johnson is the man Sunderland want... on 11:39 - Dec 5 with 1469 viewsWickets

Lee Johnson is the man Sunderland want... on 08:35 - Dec 5 by bluejacko

I watched them playing us off the park twice! Good enough for me .

I am one that actually does not dislike some long ball football,so if that is what any new manager decides is best to get us promoted then so be it .As i see it the important thing is to play on the front foot. What i disliked is the park the bus football with one or none up front we have seen at times previously , you can play an attacking game with some short and some long ball , i think that suits us best .
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024