Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What are you reading? December edition. 16:00 - Dec 4 with 1415 viewsRobTheMonk

Currently reading Lois Theroux's autobiography. It's very Lois in how it's written, and I'm a big fan, so enjoying it!

I started reading Salem's Lot by Stephen King on the bus, but I've parked it. Not because I wasn't enjoying it, but because it's a book I want to binge over a long afternoon. The feeling of something not right going on is brilliant. I tried reading some King when I was late teens early twenties and never quite got it. Maybe being older and slightly more cynical helps haha!

Still trying to make my way through Wheel of Time book 7. Chapter here, chapter there. I think when I'm finished with the series, I won't be taking on another fantasy behemoth for quite some time.
[Post edited 4 Dec 2020 16:00]
What are you reading? December edition. on 16:02 - Dec 4 with 1401 viewsitfcjoe

Have just started A Delicate Truth by John Le Carré, slow start but expect it to come good

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

What are you reading? December edition. on 16:15 - Dec 4 with 1369 viewsSteve_M

The thing I always liked about King was that the ordinary stuff was so easy to visualise that the supernatural fitted right in. Not read any of his stuff in years though.

I'm actually reading a novel for a change, went for the Booker winner 'Shuggie Bain'. It's good, about a gay kid growing up in working class Glasgow.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

What are you reading? December edition. on 16:25 - Dec 4 with 1351 viewsEJP

What are you reading? December edition. on 16:15 - Dec 4 by Steve_M

The thing I always liked about King was that the ordinary stuff was so easy to visualise that the supernatural fitted right in. Not read any of his stuff in years though.

I'm actually reading a novel for a change, went for the Booker winner 'Shuggie Bain'. It's good, about a gay kid growing up in working class Glasgow.

Really enjoyed 11/22/63 by Stephen King. now working my way through Mission Flats by William Landay and The Castle of Adventure by Enid Blyton for the 7 year olds bedtime story (I do have to edit the wording for that one though...)
What are you reading? December edition. on 16:35 - Dec 4 with 1334 viewsfactual_blue

What are you reading? December edition. on 16:25 - Dec 4 by EJP

Really enjoyed 11/22/63 by Stephen King. now working my way through Mission Flats by William Landay and The Castle of Adventure by Enid Blyton for the 7 year olds bedtime story (I do have to edit the wording for that one though...)

What's the twenty-second month of the year then?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

What are you reading? December edition. on 16:37 - Dec 4 with 1331 viewsfooters

Nice and light for me at the minute.

Literature and Evil by Georges Bataille and Powers of Horror: An Essay on Abjection by Julia Kristeva.

Both warming the cockles of my heart.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

What are you reading? December edition. on 16:38 - Dec 4 with 1332 viewsfooters

What are you reading? December edition. on 16:35 - Dec 4 by factual_blue

What's the twenty-second month of the year then?

What are you reading? December edition. on 16:40 - Dec 4 with 1323 viewsHerbivore

I'm re-reading Stoner; I'd neglected to get any new books lately and wanted something to read at night and Stoner is pretty amazing.

*Spoiler alert* it's not about someone who loves weed.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

What are you reading? December edition. on 16:43 - Dec 4 with 1324 viewsfactual_blue

What are you reading? December edition. on 16:38 - Dec 4 by footers

That means nothing to me. What's the programme?

Login to get fewer ads

What are you reading? December edition. on 16:43 - Dec 4 with 1324 viewsEwan_Oozami

Currently reading up on Binomial Equations and Set Theory...

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

What are you reading? December edition. on 16:55 - Dec 4 with 1306 viewsSwansea_Blue

Wheel of Time is a decent challenge!

I'm on fantasy at the moment. I'm on the 3rd book of the Demon Cycle series by Peter Brett. Really enjoying them so far. I'd got a bit jaded with most modern fantasy stuff and had a break, but this is floating my boat. Getting away from it all and lost in a good book has been a bit of a saviour through lockdown.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

What are you reading? December edition. on 16:59 - Dec 4 with 1299 viewsWD19

Brighton Rock, Graham Greene.
What are you reading? December edition. on 17:00 - Dec 4 with 1296 viewsSteve_M

What are you reading? December edition. on 16:25 - Dec 4 by EJP

The Castle of Adventure was very strong on the thieving gypsy stereotype I seem to remember.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

What are you reading? December edition. on 17:01 - Dec 4 with 1295 viewsEwan_Oozami

What are you reading? December edition. on 16:59 - Dec 4 by WD19

Brighton Rock, Graham Greene.

Are you redoing Eng Lit O-Level? :-)

What are you reading? December edition. on 17:12 - Dec 4 with 1281 viewsEJP

What are you reading? December edition. on 17:00 - Dec 4 by Steve_M

The Castle of Adventure was very strong on the thieving gypsy stereotype I seem to remember.

Oh yes... that doesn’t make it into my version of the story...
What are you reading? December edition. on 17:32 - Dec 4 with 1258 viewsRomeo4

Currently reading In Harm's Way by Doug Stanton. Tells the story of the sinking of the USS Indianapolis in 1945 and the fate of the sailors on board. A good read so far if not a little harrowing.
What are you reading? December edition. on 18:05 - Dec 4 with 1232 viewsfactual_blue

What are you reading? December edition. on 16:43 - Dec 4 by factual_blue

That means nothing to me. What's the programme?

It was a genuine question. I have absolutely no idea what that cartoon is.

What are you reading? December edition. on 18:09 - Dec 4 with 1225 viewsGeoffSentence

Bear Attacks: Their Causes and Avoidance.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

What are you reading? December edition. on 18:17 - Dec 4 with 1202 viewsghostofescobar

John Bercow: Call to Order - still reading about his earlier days, but quite some individual! He was incredibly right wing to start (one of his early heroes was Enoch Powell!!). So it will be interesting to see how he ended up p!ssing off the Tories and becoming a friend of the left!

GhostOfEscobar

What are you reading? December edition. on 18:18 - Dec 4 with 1198 viewswoiii

Essential Scrum: A practical guide to the most popular Agile process.
It's about as fun as it sounds.
What are you reading? December edition. on 18:21 - Dec 4 with 1196 viewsIllinoisblue

What are you reading? December edition. on 18:17 - Dec 4 by ghostofescobar

John Bercow: Call to Order - still reading about his earlier days, but quite some individual! He was incredibly right wing to start (one of his early heroes was Enoch Powell!!). So it will be interesting to see how he ended up p!ssing off the Tories and becoming a friend of the left!

Stumbled across a compilation of his best speaker moments on YouTube the other day. He struck me as rather odd, especially the way he pronounces “order”

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

What are you reading? December edition. on 18:27 - Dec 4 with 1187 viewsfooters

What are you reading? December edition. on 18:17 - Dec 4 by ghostofescobar

Once you've got to that bit, search for some quotes about it. I do remember a fair few Tories who had a thing or two to say about it!

P.S. Take it it's quite good then?

I also didn't know Theroux did one as well. That sounds like a laugh :)
[Post edited 4 Dec 2020 18:28]

What are you reading? December edition. on 19:01 - Dec 4 with 1155 viewsEwan_Oozami

What are you reading? December edition. on 18:18 - Dec 4 by woiii

Essential Scrum: A practical guide to the most popular Agile process.
It's about as fun as it sounds.

The efficiency of Agile depends entirely on the quality of the Product Owner, this is the bit that most large IT orgs implementing Agile forget to address.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024