Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
F1 17:54 - Dec 4 with 3818 viewsFrimleyBlue

Makes me laugh people already sayin the Merc is the reason why Hamilton wins.

They forget. Hamilton working with the engineers built the car he doesn't just get in it lol.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

F1 on 17:56 - Dec 4 with 3467 viewsHerbivore

Having a dominant car does help though.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

F1 on 17:57 - Dec 4 with 3456 viewsKeno

Now if he wins it driving a Toyota Prius I would be impressed!!

Poll: What the penalty given last night because
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

F1 on 17:58 - Dec 4 with 3456 viewsAlexGreen

Yeah - he obviously made great career choices (the opposite of Alonso) when it came to choosing the right car at the right time, but he's blown away anyone in the same machinery (Nico included, even when he lost to him) and he truly does get everything out of the car.

I'm no fan of him winning every damn race, but I do respect how good he is at his profession - no one in the modern era of F1 is able to hold a candle to him.

The next generation of drivers (Max, Charles, Lando, maybe George) are an exciting development though; F1 is certainly a way better spectator sport than it was 5 years ago.
[Post edited 4 Dec 2020 17:58]

Poll: Who from our injured list will play the most games in 20/21

F1 on 18:00 - Dec 4 with 3439 viewsWD19

Will be very interesting to see how George Russell goes in a very unfamiliar car this week.
F1 on 18:05 - Dec 4 with 3412 viewsFrimleyBlue

F1 on 17:56 - Dec 4 by Herbivore

Having a dominant car does help though.

Messi played for Barca. Not Swansea

The best play for the best

Waka waka eh eh

F1 on 18:07 - Dec 4 with 3405 viewsFrimleyBlue

F1 on 17:58 - Dec 4 by AlexGreen

Yeah - he obviously made great career choices (the opposite of Alonso) when it came to choosing the right car at the right time, but he's blown away anyone in the same machinery (Nico included, even when he lost to him) and he truly does get everything out of the car.

I'm no fan of him winning every damn race, but I do respect how good he is at his profession - no one in the modern era of F1 is able to hold a candle to him.

The next generation of drivers (Max, Charles, Lando, maybe George) are an exciting development though; F1 is certainly a way better spectator sport than it was 5 years ago.
[Post edited 4 Dec 2020 17:58]

There was a Merc behind the scenes documentary and it showed how everything from the front wing. To suspension to the rear wing. Hamilton was involved. Michael Schumacher also was heavily involved when he went there.

Waka waka eh eh

F1 on 18:08 - Dec 4 with 3400 viewsFrimleyBlue

F1 on 18:00 - Dec 4 by WD19

Will be very interesting to see how George Russell goes in a very unfamiliar car this week.

He'll do well. He's got Hamilton's car

Put him in bottas car would be a more interesting viewing imo

Waka waka eh eh

F1 on 18:11 - Dec 4 with 3380 viewsKeno

F1 on 18:08 - Dec 4 by FrimleyBlue

He'll do well. He's got Hamilton's car

Put him in bottas car would be a more interesting viewing imo

especially if Bottas in still in there!!

Poll: What the penalty given last night because
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Login to get fewer ads

F1 on 18:11 - Dec 4 with 3383 viewsFtnfwest

The fastest cars get a head start as well in the face itself
F1 on 18:18 - Dec 4 with 3362 viewsAlexGreen

F1 on 18:11 - Dec 4 by Ftnfwest

The fastest cars get a head start as well in the face itself

Sounds painful

Poll: Who from our injured list will play the most games in 20/21

F1 on 18:20 - Dec 4 with 3349 viewsclive_baker

F1 on 18:07 - Dec 4 by FrimleyBlue

There was a Merc behind the scenes documentary and it showed how everything from the front wing. To suspension to the rear wing. Hamilton was involved. Michael Schumacher also was heavily involved when he went there.

My money is on Hamilton for Engineering Personality of the Year 2020.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

F1 on 18:21 - Dec 4 with 3345 viewsFtnfwest

F1 on 18:18 - Dec 4 by AlexGreen

Sounds painful

Not going to edit that deliberately!
F1 on 18:33 - Dec 4 with 3306 viewsHerbivore

F1 on 18:05 - Dec 4 by FrimleyBlue

Messi played for Barca. Not Swansea

The best play for the best

Not quite the same thing, but sure.

F1 on 18:57 - Dec 4 with 3247 viewspeterleeblue

Lewis is the best ever. Probably one of England's greatest ever at any sport.
He has won every title clean as a whistle.

He is one of my few Sporting Icons that I hold in high regard.
He is in my top 5 along with Sir Bobby Robson and John Wark.

Actually I am genuinely struggling for any others!! I could maybe add George Burley purely because as in comparison he created 6 years of highlights 96-01!!

Outside of Football and ITFC I could maybe add Daley Thompson.
F1 on 19:28 - Dec 4 with 3209 viewsbringonthetractor

Completely agree - people saying that have conveniently forgotten that Bottas has been consistently outclassed by Hamilton in the same machinery for 4 years, so not just 'anyone' can win in a Mercedes.

Also doesn't take into account that George Russell is one of the brightest talents in Formula 1 atm - I actually reckon that he and Leclerc will be the stars in a few years time (with Verstappen there or thereabouts)

Edit: to add that your point about Hamilton's role in the development of the car is spot on as well - it's no coincidence that he went there in 2013 and Mercedes suddenly started winning everything in 2014. Feels like a lot of people forget/don't realise that F1 is a team sport, and the best drivers play a much larger role than just hopping in the car on a Saturday and Sunday
[Post edited 4 Dec 2020 20:39]

Evans out

F1 on 19:48 - Dec 4 with 3145 viewsHerbivore

F1 on 19:28 - Dec 4 by bringonthetractor

Completely agree - people saying that have conveniently forgotten that Bottas has been consistently outclassed by Hamilton in the same machinery for 4 years, so not just 'anyone' can win in a Mercedes.

Also doesn't take into account that George Russell is one of the brightest talents in Formula 1 atm - I actually reckon that he and Leclerc will be the stars in a few years time (with Verstappen there or thereabouts)

Edit: to add that your point about Hamilton's role in the development of the car is spot on as well - it's no coincidence that he went there in 2013 and Mercedes suddenly started winning everything in 2014. Feels like a lot of people forget/don't realise that F1 is a team sport, and the best drivers play a much larger role than just hopping in the car on a Saturday and Sunday
[Post edited 4 Dec 2020 20:39]

Bottas is a pretty mediocre driver though and being in a Mercedes has enabled him to win races and finish very high up in the drivers' championship.

F1 on 21:11 - Dec 4 with 3037 viewsTrequartista

I think they ought to have 3 cars per team, 7 or 8 teams, get rid of some of the stragglers like Haas who never win, and then we get a better picture of who the best driver is.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

F1 on 22:17 - Dec 4 with 2963 viewsstonojnr

F1 on 19:48 - Dec 4 by Herbivore

Bottas is a pretty mediocre driver though and being in a Mercedes has enabled him to win races and finish very high up in the drivers' championship.

I dont think Bottas is mediocre, but he doesnt push Hamilton and hasnt been close to him all season bar the opening race,and doesnt seem to have the motivation to want to either, Rosberg pushed Hamilton and had the urge to beat him and Lewis had to be at his very best all the time to beat him back, with Bottas, he doesnt get that pressure, he's relaxed and it's a nice settled environment for him.

So Russell beating Bottas in practice even if it's a bit mickey mouse of a track...weirdly Merc would want Russell to support Bottas getting P2 in the championship ahead of Verstappen, so it might be an interesting qualifying and race if Bottas doesnt pull his finger out sharpish
F1 on 22:21 - Dec 4 with 2955 viewsSpruceMoose

Not really a sport though is it?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

F1 on 22:54 - Dec 4 with 2916 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

F1 on 23:00 - Dec 4 with 2906 viewsStokieBlue

F1 on 22:21 - Dec 4 by SpruceMoose

Not really a sport though is it?

I like it but perhaps that's because it's a total nerdfest.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

F1 on 23:00 - Dec 4 with 2902 viewsSpruceMoose

F1 on 23:00 - Dec 4 by StokieBlue

I like it but perhaps that's because it's a total nerdfest.

SB

I can get behind a little competitive engineering!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

F1 on 23:19 - Dec 4 with 2880 viewsmikeybloo88

Get to the first bend ahead in the best car and chances are that at least 95% of the field can't win? That isn't a competitive sport in my book...
F1 on 00:22 - Dec 5 with 2835 viewsHerbivore

F1 on 22:17 - Dec 4 by stonojnr

I dont think Bottas is mediocre, but he doesnt push Hamilton and hasnt been close to him all season bar the opening race,and doesnt seem to have the motivation to want to either, Rosberg pushed Hamilton and had the urge to beat him and Lewis had to be at his very best all the time to beat him back, with Bottas, he doesnt get that pressure, he's relaxed and it's a nice settled environment for him.

So Russell beating Bottas in practice even if it's a bit mickey mouse of a track...weirdly Merc would want Russell to support Bottas getting P2 in the championship ahead of Verstappen, so it might be an interesting qualifying and race if Bottas doesnt pull his finger out sharpish

Bottas is the definition of mediocre. It's precisely why he was brought in. Nice guy, but he's not a very good driver.

F1 on 05:56 - Dec 5 with 2757 viewsstopmoaning

F1 on 00:22 - Dec 5 by Herbivore

Bottas is the definition of mediocre. It's precisely why he was brought in. Nice guy, but he's not a very good driver.

That’s a pretty ridiculous statement, not very good? Haha.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024