Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Blue Action taking a stand 19:13 - Dec 4 with 6522 viewsdavblue

Blue Action taking a stand on 19:20 - Dec 4 with 3715 viewsclive_baker

Horrible typeface, think I’ve gone blind reading that.

Well in though BA, glad they’re making themselves heard.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Blue Action taking a stand on 19:21 - Dec 4 with 3712 viewsSwailsey

Fantastic. I have just sent the below to the club.

I appreciate I should cancel my ST too, but I can’t bring myself to for the reasons I’ve said below.

I admire everyone who does though.

“Dear ITFC,

I will no longer be purchasing ifollow match day passes until PL has left.

I am not cancelling my season ticket purely because I love the fact my father and I have sat next to each other there for over 10 years and I cannot lose that, on top of currently losing the club I love.

I came very close though and I will not be purchasing my usual raft of Christmas presents from ITFC this year, nor putting any money into the club until this situation changes.

Please take notice of all of this.

This is significant.”

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Blue Action taking a stand on 19:24 - Dec 4 with 3637 viewsVeryStableGenius

Spot on, Comrades. I’m in.
Blue Action taking a stand on 19:29 - Dec 4 with 3593 viewsjeera

Blue Action taking a stand on 19:21 - Dec 4 by Swailsey

I appreciate I should cancel my ST too, but I can’t bring myself to for the reasons I’ve said below.

“Dear ITFC,

I am not cancelling my season ticket purely because I love the fact my father and I have sat next to each other there for over 10 years and I cannot lose that, on top of currently losing the club I love.

I came very close though and I will not be purchasing my usual raft of Christmas presents from ITFC this year, nor putting any money into the club until this situation changes.

This is significant.”

With respect no one will even read it and if they do, it's really weak. If anyone reads that then we're doomed if they think that's in anyway indicative of the fanbase.

BA's effort there is a decent one again though and I hope they keep them coming at the right time.

It needs to be said time and again, drummed in.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Blue Action taking a stand on 19:30 - Dec 4 with 3579 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

“Dear ITFC,

This is significant.”

The only reason that i won't be cancelling mine is for similar reasons, i go to matches with my son and don't want to lose that.
All of your post resonates with me too, especially "currently losing the club i love".

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Blue Action taking a stand on 19:32 - Dec 4 with 3541 viewsSwailsey

Blue Action taking a stand on 19:29 - Dec 4 by jeera

With respect no one will even read it and if they do, it's really weak. If anyone reads that then we're doomed if they think that's in anyway indicative of the fanbase.

BA's effort there is a decent one again though and I hope they keep them coming at the right time.

It’s the most I can do and feel comfortable doing. I can live with that.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Blue Action taking a stand on 19:32 - Dec 4 with 3537 viewsjeera

Blue Action taking a stand on 19:30 - Dec 4 by StochesStotasBlewe

The only reason that i won't be cancelling mine is for similar reasons, i go to matches with my son and don't want to lose that.
All of your post resonates with me too, especially "currently losing the club i love".

Completely understand the sentiment but as far as protests go it's a bit soft no?

"I could do something really nasty but I'm not going to because...

But let this be a lesson to you."

Not exactly going to fold off the back of that are they.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Blue Action taking a stand on 19:36 - Dec 4 with 3497 viewsDubtractor

Blue Action taking a stand on 19:20 - Dec 4 by clive_baker

Ha, glad I'm not the only one struggling to read it!

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Login to get fewer ads

Blue Action taking a stand on 19:36 - Dec 4 with 3495 viewsSwailsey

Blue Action taking a stand on 19:32 - Dec 4 by jeera

Completely understand the sentiment but as far as protests go it's a bit soft no?

Where do you draw the line?

I have consciously not put in around £150 that I would have done this month. I have sent multiple emails. I have supported Blue Action. I have engaged with the few club contacts I have as much as I can.

Having spoken with my 73 year old dad, we have decided to not cancel. I appreciate that won’t be enough for some, but I don’t think it’s the time for more division amongst fans.

Blue Action taking a stand on 19:36 - Dec 4 with 3490 viewsDubtractor

“Dear ITFC,

This is significant.”

FFS mate, I was looking forward to the Lambo poster you promised me.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Blue Action taking a stand on 19:40 - Dec 4 with 3456 viewsMetal_Hacker

Blue Action taking a stand on 19:20 - Dec 4 by clive_baker

Haha same as trying to read it on my phone BUT that said....this is amazing from everyone

This proves no club is bigger than its supporters regardless of size of the club

We can make changes

Poll: If it were one or the other

Blue Action taking a stand on 19:47 - Dec 4 with 3376 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Disagree.
Me and the lad have been going together for 17 years. Our main regular social together is meeting up for the match {in normal times} . I've been going for 51 years. I still want a club to go back to after all this.
We will refuse to spend any money on merchandise, i-follow or anything else officially related to the club,incuding the £91.00 of vouchers from last season. i,m sure footers fine efforts will be well supported by many of us in the meantime.
We've boycotted the ballot too.
[Post edited 4 Dec 2020 19:51]

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Blue Action taking a stand on 20:04 - Dec 4 with 3235 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Bit harsh there, Jeera. Swailsey is obviously hurting and is doing as much as he can. I can fully understand him not wanting to give up the time with his dad, and people should be able to protest in any way they see fit, without being called weak for it.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Blue Action taking a stand on 20:23 - Dec 4 with 3081 viewsbrogansnose

Blue Action taking a stand on 19:36 - Dec 4 by Swailsey

Where do you draw the line?

I have consciously not put in around £150 that I would have done this month. I have sent multiple emails. I have supported Blue Action. I have engaged with the few club contacts I have as much as I can.

Having spoken with my 73 year old dad, we have decided to not cancel. I appreciate that won’t be enough for some, but I don’t think it’s the time for more division amongst fans.

This giving up a ST is not easy, for anyone, and after thinking about this all week, not one that I'm going to do. We are not an Ipswich family and we've travelled form the other side of EA to games since my grandfathers days and someone has always had a ST since the early 60's and, as a child, I've been going before Sir Bob was manager.

Like Piney says below,I will not be using I follow or giving the club any other money and will take a view at the end of the season, BUT, I'm fkn angry.
Blue Action taking a stand on 20:36 - Dec 4 with 2974 viewsSwailsey

Blue Action taking a stand on 20:23 - Dec 4 by brogansnose

This giving up a ST is not easy, for anyone, and after thinking about this all week, not one that I'm going to do. We are not an Ipswich family and we've travelled form the other side of EA to games since my grandfathers days and someone has always had a ST since the early 60's and, as a child, I've been going before Sir Bob was manager.

Like Piney says below,I will not be using I follow or giving the club any other money and will take a view at the end of the season, BUT, I'm fkn angry.

Agreed.

Blue Action taking a stand on 20:39 - Dec 4 with 2949 viewsSwailsey

Blue Action taking a stand on 20:04 - Dec 4 by The_Flashing_Smile

Bit harsh there, Jeera. Swailsey is obviously hurting and is doing as much as he can. I can fully understand him not wanting to give up the time with his dad, and people should be able to protest in any way they see fit, without being called weak for it.

Thanks Dolly

Blue Action taking a stand on 20:50 - Dec 4 with 2877 viewsJammyDodgerrr

I can't believe we've come to this point that we are actually boycotting games. I know I am the minority but I just can't get behind it.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Blue Action taking a stand on 20:59 - Dec 4 with 2818 viewsTractorJed

Whilst I hate what the club have descended into having witnessed FA, UEFA etc glory, who in their right mind would buy this club?? Guaranteed loss making machine.
Blue Action taking a stand on 21:00 - Dec 4 with 2803 viewsYallop

Blue Action taking a stand on 20:50 - Dec 4 by JammyDodgerrr

I can't believe we've come to this point that we are actually boycotting games. I know I am the minority but I just can't get behind it.

Me neither. I can't wait to get back in there supporting the lads
Blue Action taking a stand on 22:24 - Dec 4 with 2553 viewsMatt_Netherlands

Blue Action taking a stand on 20:23 - Dec 4 by brogansnose

Each to their own of course, but cancelling season tickets won’t make a shred of difference I’m afraid. It will just mean more jobs cut behind the scenes, ticket office staff, planet blue staff, sales staff.... it will mean one fewer academy prospect gets their shot at following their dream... and it will mean even less investment at Portman road. Unfortunately that’s the reality of how Marcus Evan’s works!!

I should caveat, I’m not a ST holder due to living away, but have probably spent £100+ in ifollow passes this season.
Blue Action taking a stand on 22:33 - Dec 4 with 2508 viewsfooters

Blue Action taking a stand on 22:24 - Dec 4 by Matt_Netherlands

Each to their own of course, but cancelling season tickets won’t make a shred of difference I’m afraid. It will just mean more jobs cut behind the scenes, ticket office staff, planet blue staff, sales staff.... it will mean one fewer academy prospect gets their shot at following their dream... and it will mean even less investment at Portman road. Unfortunately that’s the reality of how Marcus Evan’s works!!

I should caveat, I’m not a ST holder due to living away, but have probably spent £100+ in ifollow passes this season.

Sorry, but this is nonsense.

Can you clarify the phrase "more jobs cuts" if there haven't been any? What makes you think that an owner would cut back wages for normal workers at the club before looking at players and training staff?

"Unfortunately that’s the reality of how Marcus Evan’s works!!"

Please elaborate on this.

I'm all for anger at this point in time but your post reads as completely deranged rubbish.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Blue Action taking a stand on 22:39 - Dec 4 with 2480 viewsFunge

Blue Action taking a stand on 20:50 - Dec 4 by JammyDodgerrr

Mate, we all feel the same way about the underlying structure of the club. We all love ITFC.

For me, though, continued support at this time, doesn't benefit ITFC. It benefits ME. I'm not comfortable with that; as such, I wont be supporting him.

I get that others will feel differently, and I'm not calling you out here.
Blue Action taking a stand on 22:54 - Dec 4 with 2413 viewsMatt_Netherlands

Blue Action taking a stand on 22:33 - Dec 4 by footers

Sorry, but this is nonsense.

Can you clarify the phrase "more jobs cuts" if there haven't been any? What makes you think that an owner would cut back wages for normal workers at the club before looking at players and training staff?

"Unfortunately that’s the reality of how Marcus Evan’s works!!"

Please elaborate on this.

I'm all for anger at this point in time but your post reads as completely deranged rubbish.

Hardly nonsense though is it? Pretty sure a lot of off field staff are still on furlough, can you see all of these being re-employed once that ends? We “restructured” the scouting set up which usually results in fewer jobs in the world of business, and there were absolutely jobs cut when we got relegated.

Point I was making was that ME is a business man. What do businesses do when they struggle? They cut costs. What is one of the biggest overheads for business? Employees. We’ve already trimmed the playing staff, so immediate thoughts go to off field staff....

Deranged rubbish is a bit much. Was just making the point that cancelling a season ticket and restricting revenue for the club is likely to impact everyday people working at the club, as much as it will impact multimillionaire Marcus Evans.
Blue Action taking a stand on 22:59 - Dec 4 with 2389 viewsSwansea_Blue

Blue Action taking a stand on 19:29 - Dec 4 by jeera

That’s a bit harsh. If someone wants to retain a season ticket for personal reasons that’s up to them.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Blue Action taking a stand on 23:06 - Dec 4 with 2348 viewsKieran_Knows

“Dear ITFC,

This is significant.”

Im in the same boat as you in that no matter how much I hate the club (and trust me, I really do right now, and have for some time), I just can’t seem to not carry on with my season ticket.

That said, I won’t be applying for the ballot, neither will I purchase iFollow for away games (which I haven’t been doing anyway), or buying from the club shop.

To be honest, unless anything drastically changes (management team leave or I can go pub like I normally would do - which I doubt will be for some time), then I won’t be returning for a while.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024