Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bishop injuries and contract 20:44 - Dec 4 with 973 viewsBluefish

Regardless of the injuries I would give him a 5 years deal. We will never sign a player in his class

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Bishop injuries and contract on 20:52 - Dec 4 with 924 viewsMrTown

Would be madness right now to be offering a five year deal.

Certainly trigger his extension. Needs to be back fit, hopefully injury just a standard niggle that could have happened to anyone, and will be fit and firing again around Christmas.

Agree that if fit and firing he’s best player on pitch every time.

Injured far too much though.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Bishop injuries and contract on 20:58 - Dec 4 with 901 viewsBugs

Bishop injuries and contract on 20:52 - Dec 4 by MrTown

Would be madness right now to be offering a five year deal.

Certainly trigger his extension. Needs to be back fit, hopefully injury just a standard niggle that could have happened to anyone, and will be fit and firing again around Christmas.

Agree that if fit and firing he’s best player on pitch every time.

Injured far too much though.

To be fair the injury he has ATM is down to sh!t luck, not due to him being injury prone.....not sure that made sense but you know what I mean. Any player would be out being on the receiving end of that challenge.
Bishop injuries and contract on 21:09 - Dec 4 with 864 viewsNthsuffolkblue

To be fair we do sign players of his class ... because they have been so crocked that they will never perform at that level again.

That said, I am delighted to see Bishop having been fit and hope he gets fit and stays fit and fulfils his potential.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Bishop injuries and contract on 21:24 - Dec 4 with 815 viewsSeablu

Bishop injuries and contract on 21:09 - Dec 4 by Nthsuffolkblue

To be fair we do sign players of his class ... because they have been so crocked that they will never perform at that level again.

That said, I am delighted to see Bishop having been fit and hope he gets fit and stays fit and fulfils his potential.

I think this could have been posted at any time in the last 4 years.

I’m sure the fitness bod will be zooming him from Scotland every week to ensure this happens.
Bishop injuries and contract on 21:24 - Dec 4 with 814 viewsMrTown

Bishop injuries and contract on 20:58 - Dec 4 by Bugs

To be fair the injury he has ATM is down to sh!t luck, not due to him being injury prone.....not sure that made sense but you know what I mean. Any player would be out being on the receiving end of that challenge.

Yeah I know what you meant. Said similar in my post to be fair.

Want to see him get through at least half a season though before we start handing out 5 year deals to someone who has only played around 100 games in 6 years to date.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Bishop injuries and contract on 21:26 - Dec 4 with 803 viewsjudespiveyg

Want to be a little bit careful, we still have an option so nothing needs to be done too hastily. Salary cap will become significant should we not go up and it'll be hard to justify extending an oft injured player to a long term deal, on the flip side I doubt he's on very much and would probably be glad of the security given his injury history.

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

Bishop injuries and contract on 21:33 - Dec 4 with 780 viewsSeablu

Bishop injuries and contract on 21:24 - Dec 4 by MrTown

Want to see him get through at least half a season though before we start handing out 5 year deals to someone who has only played around 100 games in 6 years to date.

We could just sell him to Preston for £800,000 and watch him play 70 odd consecutive games.
Bishop injuries and contract on 21:36 - Dec 4 with 764 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Login to get fewer ads

Bishop injuries and contract on 21:51 - Dec 4 with 713 viewsJermynblue

Without the salary cap I agree, However, with the salary cap this becomes a very tricky decision. Of the £2.5M salary cap we have, how much would you offer a year to Bishop bearing in mind that you might be allocating an above average salary to a player that might only play a handful of games a year?
Bishop injuries and contract on 21:56 - Dec 4 with 695 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Bishop injuries and contract on 21:24 - Dec 4 by MrTown

I had not realised that. Nearly 100 games is a lot more than I would have guessed he had played. However, I also note 1/3rd of those were in his first season (which means he was regularly playing Championship football 6 years ago). I am sure he would be one of those Lambert describes as kids too.

His next league appearance will be his 100th.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Bishop injuries and contract on 22:25 - Dec 4 with 639 viewsmattyhollandsirish

I'd have thought we've learned our lessons in respect of 5 year deals. Class is irrelevant if he doesn't play.
Bishop injuries and contract on 22:55 - Dec 4 with 585 viewspositivity

i doubt we can afford any new contracts to over 21yos without going over the salary cap. basically if we go up, we sign him, if we don't he goes (or accepts a big pay cut).

don't see that we have leeway to do anything else?

edit: forgot he had an extension, obviously that can be triggered this year!
[Post edited 4 Dec 2020 22:56]

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Bishop injuries and contract on 23:03 - Dec 4 with 571 viewsJermynblue

Bishop injuries and contract on 22:55 - Dec 4 by positivity

i doubt we can afford any new contracts to over 21yos without going over the salary cap. basically if we go up, we sign him, if we don't he goes (or accepts a big pay cut).

don't see that we have leeway to do anything else?

edit: forgot he had an extension, obviously that can be triggered this year!
[Post edited 4 Dec 2020 22:56]

Does this triggering of an extension to the contract mean that the average salary no longer applies to the contract? I thought I read previously that it did but I might be wrong.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024