Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Andre deal is everything good about Marcus 20:47 - Dec 4 with 5191 viewsBluefish

He couldn't have come cheap and he must have also been sold a dream. Andre could have easily walked away for far more with his contract situation. I wonder if he has been promised KD as manager within the year

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

The Andre deal is everything good about Marcus on 20:53 - Dec 4 with 3223 viewsMrTown

Agree it shows ME good qualities.

Doubt he has been promised KD as manager within a year though, seems a little far fetched.

Although wouldn’t be adverse to it.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

The Andre deal is everything good about Marcus on 20:55 - Dec 4 with 3212 viewsElderGrizzly

It shows Evans has learnt his lesson on letting contracts run down and protects his value when he is sold in the summer.

That’s it.
The Andre deal is everything good about Marcus on 21:06 - Dec 4 with 3127 viewsMetal_Hacker

I think it perhaps simply shows that ME has got AD to sign a contract with a potential get out clause (of a club bids £X amount ) you can go

Fair play to AD for signing it but perhaps how the club has supported both him and his Dad over recent years is perhaps the most decent thing to do
[Post edited 4 Dec 2020 21:08]

Poll: If it were one or the other

The Andre deal is everything good about Marcus on 21:10 - Dec 4 with 3088 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I also think Evans' tendency to let his managers manage get on with the job and give them plenty of time to do so are good qualities of his.

It is unfortunate that he gets the initial appointment wrong so frequently.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

The Andre deal is everything good about Marcus on 21:14 - Dec 4 with 3067 viewsRyorry

The Andre deal is everything good about Marcus on 20:55 - Dec 4 by ElderGrizzly

It shows Evans has learnt his lesson on letting contracts run down and protects his value when he is sold in the summer.

That’s it.

Or maybe, just maybe, he realised in the cold light of day this morning that he'd scored a truly horrible own goal last night which might have ramifications for the rest of the season & beyond, and decided that he needs to make some kind of amends - not least to win back some of the fee-paying "customers" he knows he lost in the process ...

Pleasantly surprised & delighted about the deal of course.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

The Andre deal is everything good about Marcus on 21:17 - Dec 4 with 3043 viewsSeablu

The Andre deal is everything good about Marcus on 21:06 - Dec 4 by Metal_Hacker

I think it perhaps simply shows that ME has got AD to sign a contract with a potential get out clause (of a club bids £X amount ) you can go

Fair play to AD for signing it but perhaps how the club has supported both him and his Dad over recent years is perhaps the most decent thing to do
[Post edited 4 Dec 2020 21:08]

I expect, like the Lambert deal, it was agreed when we were top some weeks ago.
ME has decided now is a good time to announce it to appease the angry unwashed who just don’t understand football.
The only lesson he’s learned is to improve his comic timing somewhat.
[Post edited 4 Dec 2020 21:19]
The Andre deal is everything good about Marcus on 21:19 - Dec 4 with 3010 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

To be fair, giving one of your best young prospects a new deal is protecting your own asset.

I also suspect we owe his dad some thanks, the fact that he's a club legend and still loves the club probably played a big part.

Great news either way.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

The Andre deal is everything good about Marcus on 21:21 - Dec 4 with 2995 viewsFixed_It

The Andre deal is everything good about Marcus on 21:14 - Dec 4 by Ryorry

Or maybe, just maybe, he realised in the cold light of day this morning that he'd scored a truly horrible own goal last night which might have ramifications for the rest of the season & beyond, and decided that he needs to make some kind of amends - not least to win back some of the fee-paying "customers" he knows he lost in the process ...

I very much doubt talks started and concluded in one day. Good news nevertheless.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Login to get fewer ads

The Andre deal is everything good about Marcus on 21:22 - Dec 4 with 2983 viewsPJH

The Andre deal is everything good about Marcus on 21:14 - Dec 4 by Ryorry

I would think that it had been under discussion/negotiation for a while but the timing of it actually being signed suits ME.

I don't imagine that Marcus phoned LON or anyone this morning and said 'offer Andre a new contract'.
The Andre deal is everything good about Marcus on 21:31 - Dec 4 with 2914 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

The Andre deal is everything good about Marcus on 21:22 - Dec 4 by PJH

I would think that it had been under discussion/negotiation for a while but the timing of it actually being signed suits ME.

I don't imagine that Marcus phoned LON or anyone this morning and said 'offer Andre a new contract'.

I don't think she suggested the deal was negotiated in a day.

But this week's goings on may have made Evans say "oh fck it, just give him what he wants and get it signed" .

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

The Andre deal is everything good about Marcus on 21:31 - Dec 4 with 2905 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

The Andre deal is everything good about Marcus on 21:21 - Dec 4 by Fixed_It

I very much doubt talks started and concluded in one day. Good news nevertheless.

I don't think anyone suggested it was done that way.

The Andre deal is everything good about Marcus on 21:33 - Dec 4 with 2888 viewsPJH

The Andre deal is everything good about Marcus on 21:31 - Dec 4 by Marshalls_Mullet

But this week's goings on may have made Evans say "oh fck it, just give him what he wants and get it signed" .

Yes that is true, I might have misunderstood Ryorry's meaning.
The Andre deal is everything good about Marcus on 21:36 - Dec 4 with 2857 viewsRyorry

The Andre deal is everything good about Marcus on 21:22 - Dec 4 by PJH

I did realise it must have been ongoing!

Who knows what delicate stage it might have been hovering at though.
[Post edited 4 Dec 2020 21:37]

The Andre deal is everything good about Marcus on 21:40 - Dec 4 with 2825 viewsRyorry

The Andre deal is everything good about Marcus on 21:31 - Dec 4 by Marshalls_Mullet

Exactly! Was writing along similar lines when you posted this.

The Andre deal is everything good about Marcus on 21:41 - Dec 4 with 2819 viewsPJH

The Andre deal is everything good about Marcus on 21:36 - Dec 4 by Ryorry

I did realise it must have been ongoing!

Who knows what delicate stage it might have been hovering at though.
[Post edited 4 Dec 2020 21:37]

Yes, agreed.

Marcus might have done something to hurry things along because he needed some sort of positive news and he needed it quickly.
The Andre deal is everything good about Marcus on 21:45 - Dec 4 with 2781 viewsDublinBlue84

vans and Lambert run our club into the worse position in history and everyone is united that something needs to change or the club faces a bleak future, if any future at all.

Next day a youngster gets handed a new contract and people are signing the praises of Evans and are already forgetting about the bigger picture of the decline of our once great club. At the end of the day in the grand scheme of things, the future of one talented player is far less important than safeguarding the future of our club.

This is why we are screwed as a club, we don't do proper protests, we're angry for a day or two and then we just accept it and move on and lap up any pathetic crumb they throw at us and nothing changes and the decline continues. We must not let it happen now, Signing a single youngster up on a long term contract is not going to address the massive fundamental problems at the club.

At the end of the day some need to choose if they are going to be enablers of the ongoing decline of our club and fuel it or they are going to stand up and be counted and say to the club hierarchy no more. If you love the club show it, don't sit back and watch it burn to the ground doing nothing and then complain later having enabled it.
[Post edited 4 Dec 2020 21:58]

Poll: What result on Tuesday is best for the club?

The Andre deal is everything good about Marcus on 21:48 - Dec 4 with 2752 viewsRyorry

The Andre deal is everything good about Marcus on 21:45 - Dec 4 by DublinBlue84

vans and Lambert run our club into the worse position in history and everyone is united that something needs to change or the club faces a bleak future, if any future at all.

Next day a youngster gets handed a new contract and people are signing the praises of Evans and are already forgetting about the bigger picture of the decline of our once great club. At the end of the day in the grand scheme of things, the future of one talented player is far less important than safeguarding the future of our club.

This is why we are screwed as a club, we don't do proper protests, we're angry for a day or two and then we just accept it and move on and lap up any pathetic crumb they throw at us and nothing changes and the decline continues. We must not let it happen now, Signing a single youngster up on a long term contract is not going to address the massive fundamental problems at the club.

At the end of the day some need to choose if they are going to be enablers of the ongoing decline of our club and fuel it or they are going to stand up and be counted and say to the club hierarchy no more. If you love the club show it, don't sit back and watch it burn to the ground doing nothing and then complain later having enabled it.

Being happy at the one thing doesn't mean we've lost sight of the other & won't be carrying on with the protests. We can do both simultaneously y'know 👍

#multitasking

The Andre deal is everything good about Marcus on 21:52 - Dec 4 with 2731 viewsDublinBlue84

The Andre deal is everything good about Marcus on 21:41 - Dec 4 by PJH

Yes, agreed.

Marcus might have done something to hurry things along because he needed some sort of positive news and he needed it quickly.

Unfortunately it seems many of our fans are falling for such a dead cat strategy.

Typical little old Ipswich supporters again, all words no action. If this would have been other clubs they wouldn't buy such obvious attempts. But we're easily bought as a fanbase and we are not able to protest properly or keep or resolve or determination up. Now is not the time for apathy, it's time for sustained action.

Now everyone is talking about Andre Dozzell's new contract rather than talking about the state of our club and what we need to do to address it. That is exactly what Evans wants, the fact that half of our fanbase have fallen for such an obvious dead cat is depressing and the club will continue to sleepwalk into falling further and further whilst that's the case.

The Andre deal is everything good about Marcus on 21:55 - Dec 4 with 2726 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

The Andre deal is everything good about Marcus on 21:45 - Dec 4 by DublinBlue84

Name calling doesn't help anyone.

The tone of the board is disappointing tonight.

People have a right to dislike the management, but be pleased weve signed one of our best players up.

Let's not turn against each other as fans.

The Andre deal is everything good about Marcus on 21:58 - Dec 4 with 2685 viewsRyorry

The Andre deal is everything good about Marcus on 21:52 - Dec 4 by DublinBlue84

Unfortunately it seems many of our fans are falling for such a dead cat strategy.

Typical little old Ipswich supporters again, all words no action. If this would have been other clubs they wouldn't buy such obvious attempts. But we're easily bought as a fanbase and we are not able to protest properly or keep or resolve or determination up. Now is not the time for apathy, it's time for sustained action.

Now everyone is talking about Andre Dozzell's new contract rather than talking about the state of our club and what we need to do to address it. That is exactly what Evans wants, the fact that half of our fanbase have fallen for such an obvious dead cat is depressing and the club will continue to sleepwalk into falling further and further whilst that's the case.

Listen, maybe you haven't seen my post of a few mins ago, but I can assure you that my emails to MEG and LON re both ITFC generally & HamBan-gate are still vey much in the process of writing and will be sent; along with other actions that will continue.

The Andre deal is everything good about Marcus on 21:59 - Dec 4 with 2676 viewsPJH

The Andre deal is everything good about Marcus on 21:52 - Dec 4 by DublinBlue84

I think some people are talking about Andre Dozzell signing a new contract because Andre Dozzell has signed a new contract.

I expect tomorrow at about 1700 people will be talking about the result of the game at Plymouth, whatever it is.

There is no exclusivity (is that a word) about what can be discussed or thought about at any one time.
The Andre deal is everything good about Marcus on 22:00 - Dec 4 with 2662 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

The Andre deal is everything good about Marcus on 21:59 - Dec 4 by PJH

I think some people are talking about Andre Dozzell signing a new contract because Andre Dozzell has signed a new contract.

I expect tomorrow at about 1700 people will be talking about the result of the game at Plymouth, whatever it is.

There is no exclusivity (is that a word) about what can be discussed or thought about at any one time.

This.

The Andre deal is everything good about Marcus on 22:02 - Dec 4 with 2648 viewsDublinBlue84

The Andre deal is everything good about Marcus on 21:59 - Dec 4 by PJH

Fair enough, but the club is in a serious position and we need to make sure we follow through on our actions. Too many times as a fanbase we have been bought by words and actions from ME that have meant people have stood back and not acted.

We cannot allow that to happen this time, it's the most serious it's ever been. Perhaps I was overstating it a bit but It comes from a place of love for our club and a big worry that the club is heading to a point of no return.

The Andre deal is everything good about Marcus on 22:05 - Dec 4 with 2632 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

The Andre deal is everything good about Marcus on 22:02 - Dec 4 by DublinBlue84

Fair enough, but the club is in a serious position and we need to make sure we follow through on our actions. Too many times as a fanbase we have been bought by words and actions from ME that have meant people have stood back and not acted.

We cannot allow that to happen this time, it's the most serious it's ever been. Perhaps I was overstating it a bit but It comes from a place of love for our club and a big worry that the club is heading to a point of no return.

I really don't think anyone underestimates the plight of this club.

The fans and this forum (and local media) seem very much united due to Lambert's and Evan's words this week. More so than ever before I would suggest.

The Andre deal is everything good about Marcus on 22:09 - Dec 4 with 2601 viewsPJH

The Andre deal is everything good about Marcus on 22:02 - Dec 4 by DublinBlue84

My opinion has not changed about anything because AD has signed a new contract.

I thought PL should go earlier on today and I still think PL should go.

I thought ME had hugely misread the fans feelings earlier today and I still think that he has hugely misread the fans feelings.

It is round about 65 years since I first went to PR-not sure exactly when-and I am just about as disenchanted now as I have ever been. I did feel worse when Keane was here because I stopped going and I felt slightly worse when we won at Swansea under Hurst because that result delayed his departure and made me think of returning the tickets that I had for the next two away games.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024