Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Time for the FA to show leadership 19:46 - Dec 5 with 1870 viewsuefacup81

After the racism demonstrated by fans at Millwall and West Ham today, the two clubs concerned need to take swift decisive action to show that this sort of thing will not be tolerated. Rather than the usual statements saying 'this isn't good enough' and promising action, they need to identify those responsible (surely it can't be too hard with only 2,000 at each match, and the amount of CCTV at grounds these days) and publicly ban the offenders.

If they choose not to, the FA has to back up its words on racism with action against the clubs. I'd argue that this sort of thing is no different to outright racist chants, and action should be taken accordingly. If fans can't be trusted to behave at matches, the ability to attend should be taken away.

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

Time for the FA to show leadership on 19:53 - Dec 5 with 1814 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Haven't seen this. Did they boo while the players took the knee? Perhaps the players should walk off and refuse to play until the stewards have chucked out the offenders?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Time for the FA to show leadership on 19:53 - Dec 5 with 1807 viewsNewMaldenBlue

Burn those witches
Time for the FA to show leadership on 19:54 - Dec 5 with 1807 viewsuefacup81

Time for the FA to show leadership on 19:53 - Dec 5 by Nthsuffolkblue

Haven't seen this. Did they boo while the players took the knee? Perhaps the players should walk off and refuse to play until the stewards have chucked out the offenders?

Yeah, there's footage on a few sites of the booing at Millwall (it certainly doesn't sound like a minority), and I've read that similar happened at WHU, although I've not seen any footage.

Time for the FA to show leadership on 22:06 - Dec 5 with 1567 viewsBlueBadger

Time for the FA to show leadership on 19:53 - Dec 5 by NewMaldenBlue

Burn those witches

Imagine wanting people to think that racism is BAD.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Time for the FA to show leadership on 00:07 - Dec 6 with 1450 viewsStNeotsBlue

Time for the FA to show leadership on 19:54 - Dec 5 by uefacup81

Yeah, there's footage on a few sites of the booing at Millwall (it certainly doesn't sound like a minority), and I've read that similar happened at WHU, although I've not seen any footage.

Not sure if it happened at West Ham to be fair. No mention on MOTD or anywhere else that I've seen.
[Post edited 6 Dec 2020 0:49]
Time for the FA to show leadership on 14:57 - Dec 6 with 1268 viewsuefacup81

Twenty hours later:

A statement announcing that they'll be discussing the matter further.

I wish I could say I was shocked.

Time for the FA to show leadership on 15:21 - Dec 6 with 1220 viewsmonytowbray

I didn’t know either club had such big Middle Class White Boy followings.

When people say “politics has no place in sport/art/etc” what they mean is “I am angry something I like is calling me out for my views.”

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Time for the FA to show leadership on 15:23 - Dec 6 with 1208 viewsWD19

Time for the FA to show leadership on 14:57 - Dec 6 by uefacup81

Twenty hours later:

A statement announcing that they'll be discussing the matter further.

I wish I could say I was shocked.

To be fair, it says much more than that.
Login to get fewer ads

Time for the FA to show leadership on 15:27 - Dec 6 with 1195 viewsportmanroadblue

Racism? really? Grow up!!!!
Time for the FA to show leadership on 15:31 - Dec 6 with 1179 viewsStNeotsBlue

Time for the FA to show leadership on 19:54 - Dec 5 by uefacup81

Out of interest where did you read of this happening at West Ham? I've read both the Guardian and BBC match reports and neither mention it.
Time for the FA to show leadership on 15:36 - Dec 6 with 1163 viewsjaykay

Time for the FA to show leadership on 15:21 - Dec 6 by monytowbray

I didn’t know either club had such big Middle Class White Boy followings.

When people say “politics has no place in sport/art/etc” what they mean is “I am angry something I like is calling me out for my views.”

i expect that was the argument they used with the demos about apartheid in sport in the 60s and 70s e.g. keep politics out of sport. when south Africa found they were not welcome at the Olympics.

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Time for the FA to show leadership on 15:40 - Dec 6 with 1149 viewsmonytowbray

Time for the FA to show leadership on 15:36 - Dec 6 by jaykay

i expect that was the argument they used with the demos about apartheid in sport in the 60s and 70s e.g. keep politics out of sport. when south Africa found they were not welcome at the Olympics.

Keep sh1tty attitudes 100 years out of their sell by date out of society and then, perhaps, we can keep politics out of Football.

Funny half the people spouting this drivel probably support and/or attend FLA protests.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024