Quantcast
Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How did we play today? Who was our best player? Two great finishes for the goals (n/t) 19:53 - Dec 5 with 502 viewsMaySixth

Poll: Should Ipswich keep Paul Lambert as manager to start the 2020/2021 season?

How did we play today? Who was our best player? Two great finishes for the goals on 20:02 - Dec 5 with 480 viewsNthsuffolkblue

We played better than Tuesday but still looked likely to lose until their player stupidly got himself sent off. Both before and after the sending off, it was a match that fairly easily could have gone either way - which suggests we are a similar standard to Plymouth.

Of course, the league table doesn't lie but once Charlton and Accrington have completed their games in hand we are not going to be top two and all evidence suggests the play offs are well short of where we need to be.

Poll: Would a draw against Peterborough have been a fair result?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

How did we play today? Who was our best player? Two great finishes for the goals on 21:00 - Dec 5 with 384 viewsstiff_talking

How did we play today? Who was our best player? Two great finishes for the goals on 20:02 - Dec 5 by Nthsuffolkblue

We played better than Tuesday but still looked likely to lose until their player stupidly got himself sent off. Both before and after the sending off, it was a match that fairly easily could have gone either way - which suggests we are a similar standard to Plymouth.

Of course, the league table doesn't lie but once Charlton and Accrington have completed their games in hand we are not going to be top two and all evidence suggests the play offs are well short of where we need to be.

Cornell - better than Holy gloves
Chambers - steady as she goes
Wardy - good second half, made both goals
Wolfie - bang average
Mcguiness - excellent second half and won a series of great headers at the end
Nolan - I like him. Much better player this season and scored a peach !
Mcgavin - great first half, never lost the ball and had a good shot on goal. Well worth selection
Lankerster- some nice touches, positive, worthy of selection
Drogba - worth building team around. Better central behind striker
Judge - looked much better dropping deep. Played better as game went on. He is not a winger.
Jackson - has to play with partnering striker. Looked dangerous in 4-4-2. He can’t play as a single striker. It has never worked and Lambert tactically can’t see it!
Hawkins - class player who lacks speed. But must play either alongside Norwood or Jackson
Bennett - lively today, I liked the effort

How did we play today? Who was our best player? Two great finishes for the goals on 21:02 - Dec 5 with 366 viewswkj

Mayor was easily the man of the match.

http://www.twitter.com/wkjezz3306
Poll: Do you support the Blue Action protest?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

How did we play today? Who was our best player? Two great finishes for the goals on 21:02 - Dec 5 with 366 viewsDanTheMan

How did we play today? Who was our best player? Two great finishes for the goals on 21:00 - Dec 5 by stiff_talking

Wolfie - bang average
Mcgavin - great first half, never lost the ball and had a good shot on goal. Well worth selection
Judge - looked much better dropping deep. Played better as game went on. He is not a winger.
Jackson - has to play with partnering striker. Looked dangerous in 4-4-2. He can’t play as a single striker. It has never worked and Lambert tactically can’t see it!
Hawkins - class player who lacks speed. But must play either alongside Norwood or Jackson

I must have missed us signing Drogba!

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

How did we play today? Who was our best player? Two great finishes for the goals on 21:08 - Dec 5 with 342 viewsstiff_talking

How did we play today? Who was our best player? Two great finishes for the goals on 21:02 - Dec 5 by DanTheMan

I must have missed us signing Drogba!

Mayor was a really nice footballer !

Marcus Stewart said was a great player as the game started.
How did we play today? Who was our best player? Two great finishes for the goals on 21:43 - Dec 5 with 288 viewsNthsuffolkblue

How did we play today? Who was our best player? Two great finishes for the goals on 21:00 - Dec 5 by stiff_talking

Wolfie - bang average

I am a fan of Holy, but I agree Cornell had a very good game. Showed good ability with kicking but also good judgment with when to come for balls and made a decent save or two.

Chambers decent.
Agree with Ward. Has had a couple of poor games recently but was better again today.
McGuinness had a couple of poor moments first half and one (I think it was second half) where he headed the ball when Cornell was behind him (and presumably from Cornell's reaction was calling for it). His long balls/passes at times were poor. However, those clearances were solid.
Nolan still isn't fit. Felt his knee after scoring. However, he was much better today than last time.
McGavin so comfortable on the ball. Very promising.
Lankester still working back to full fitness. A skilful player from whom I am sure there is a lot more to come.
Dobra had a great game. Got into good positions to receive the ball and generally did well when he got it. Also did not react to some clear provocation early on.
Judge agree.
Jackson agree.
Hawkins did OK. Set up the second goal with his chest down. Generally does not get enough referee decisions to be effective.
Bennetts has pace and ball control. Probably should take players on more than he does.

In general, Dobra, Lankester, Bennetts should all be looking to carry the ball into the box more. Get opposition players to commit to making a challenge or have a shot. Despite all the positives there, we only had 3 shots on target all match. That is what worries me.

Poll: Would a draw against Peterborough have been a fair result?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2021