Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone go to the pub at the weekend? 11:59 - Dec 7 with 1755 viewsartsbossbeard

Had a decent night Saturday.

Visited a bar around the town centre who were happy to house us all (6x) for as long as we wanted as long as we left a bit of food on our plates off their 50% off selection.

Masks on when not at the table and a designated serving area.

Pubs gotta to do what pubs gotta do.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Anyone go to the pub at the weekend? on 12:04 - Dec 7 with 1693 viewsfooters

Still not braved it yet. My local is a wet pub so am unsure if they're allowed to even open yet?

I'm not exactly rushing back to see the usual two men and a dog in there but will definitely pop in for a few to help them out before Christmas.

How selfless, I know.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Anyone go to the pub at the weekend? on 12:12 - Dec 7 with 1662 viewsitfcjoe

From what I hear the heated outdoor pods at the Greyhound have been deemed unfit by the council due to being 2" out somewhere - so even though they are outdoors you can't sit in them with members of other households....jobsworth is the polite term for whoever ruled that

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Anyone go to the pub at the weekend? on 12:13 - Dec 7 with 1638 viewsSitfcB

Anyone go to the pub at the weekend? on 12:12 - Dec 7 by itfcjoe

From what I hear the heated outdoor pods at the Greyhound have been deemed unfit by the council due to being 2" out somewhere - so even though they are outdoors you can't sit in them with members of other households....jobsworth is the polite term for whoever ruled that

Tom Hunt reckons it’s something to do with the 2006 smoking act.

“Had two meals out yesterday at two of our great establishments, the Greyhound and the Brickmakers Arms. A very difficult time for our pubs and I wanted to make it clear that I will continue to be at hand as the local MP to provide any support I can. Both pubs are investing in their outdoor space to allow customers from different households to mix (within the rule of 6 guidelines under tier 2), coverings and heating etc. I was very disappointed to hear about the Greyhound's experience. They invested a significant amount of money in outdoor heated pods but have been told by Ipswich Borough Council that no household mixing can take place in the pods because of the "2006 smoking act", in other words it appears to have nothing to do with the pandemic. At a time when our pubs face immense challenges I really wish the local Borough Council would show a bit more flexibility and positivity to our pubs doing their very best to serve their customers during such challenging times.”

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Anyone go to the pub at the weekend? on 12:14 - Dec 7 with 1629 viewsParky

Anyone go to the pub at the weekend? on 12:12 - Dec 7 by itfcjoe

Have booked a pod for Saturday evening, luckily with my bubble. My friends recently went and got asked to move out of the pods because they weren’t in a bubble, said they were sat closer together on the ‘outside’ benches than they were in the pod. Utterly stupid.
[Post edited 7 Dec 2020 12:16]
Anyone go to the pub at the weekend? on 12:14 - Dec 7 with 1638 viewsSitfcB

https://www.facebook.com/100008421679180/posts/2722617531362276/?d=n

COYB

Anyone go to the pub at the weekend? on 12:17 - Dec 7 with 1608 viewsitfcjoe

Anyone go to the pub at the weekend? on 12:14 - Dec 7 by SitfcB

https://www.facebook.com/100008421679180/posts/2722617531362276/?d=n

I had heard that Junkyard was a bit of a nightmare, but just assumed it was your old grumpy lot moaning - massively unfair though and the council are just killing businesses

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Anyone go to the pub at the weekend? on 12:20 - Dec 7 with 1573 viewsclive_baker

Went for dinner Thursday night. Very substantial meal I must say, together with 5 pints. I did notice a dodgy 'side room' they appeared to have going on which seemed to get a lot of booze served to it, despite me not witnessing so much as a single chip going in that direction.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Anyone go to the pub at the weekend? on 12:20 - Dec 7 with 1573 viewsartsbossbeard

Anyone go to the pub at the weekend? on 12:17 - Dec 7 by itfcjoe

I had heard that Junkyard was a bit of a nightmare, but just assumed it was your old grumpy lot moaning - massively unfair though and the council are just killing businesses

Yeah, we went there first and it was a bit of a free for all, in fairness.

The covered area was covid fine, in theory, but the trouble is when people have got a few beers inside them, the tables start mingling and you start mixing with people you've not seen for ages.

They were also happy for us just to have drinks, no food ordered from my lot.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone go to the pub at the weekend? on 12:26 - Dec 7 with 1514 viewsSitfcB

Anyone go to the pub at the weekend? on 12:17 - Dec 7 by itfcjoe

Seen a few people complaining to Mr Hunt and even the police about it, wonder if it’ll last.

COYB

Anyone go to the pub at the weekend? on 12:38 - Dec 7 with 1443 viewsBlueBadger

Anyone go to the pub at the weekend? on 12:13 - Dec 7 by SitfcB

“Had two meals out yesterday at two of our great establishments, the Greyhound and the Brickmakers Arms. A very difficult time for our pubs and I wanted to make it clear that I will continue to be at hand as the local MP to provide any support I can. Both pubs are investing in their outdoor space to allow customers from different households to mix (within the rule of 6 guidelines under tier 2), coverings and heating etc. I was very disappointed to hear about the Greyhound's experience. They invested a significant amount of money in outdoor heated pods but have been told by Ipswich Borough Council that no household mixing can take place in the pods because of the "2006 smoking act", in other words it appears to have nothing to do with the pandemic. At a time when our pubs face immense challenges I really wish the local Borough Council would show a bit more flexibility and positivity to our pubs doing their very best to serve their customers during such challenging times.”

Frankly, if Tom Hunt claimed it's dark at midnight, I'd go outside to check.
[Post edited 7 Dec 2020 12:38]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Anyone go to the pub at the weekend? on 12:39 - Dec 7 with 1438 viewsTractorWood

Anyone go to the pub at the weekend? on 12:26 - Dec 7 by SitfcB

Seen a few people complaining to Mr Hunt and even the police about it, wonder if it’ll last.

@'ing the prime minister and health secretary seems a proportionate thing to do.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Anyone go to the pub at the weekend? on 12:40 - Dec 7 with 1431 viewsSitfcB

Anyone go to the pub at the weekend? on 12:39 - Dec 7 by TractorWood

@'ing the prime minister and health secretary seems a proportionate thing to do.

And Piers Morgan

Lollers.

COYB

Anyone go to the pub at the weekend? on 13:06 - Dec 7 with 1329 viewsMonkeyAlan

Does the virus leave you alone then when you are seated and eating?
Anyone go to the pub at the weekend? on 13:06 - Dec 7 with 1332 viewsfactual_blue

Anyone go to the pub at the weekend? on 12:13 - Dec 7 by SitfcB

I think that Act defines a structure, to make clear what cover could be provided outside for smokers. If something meets the legal definition of a structure, then you're 'indoors'. If you're indoors you can't mix.

Not difficult tom.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Anyone go to the pub at the weekend? on 17:20 - Dec 7 with 1093 viewsIllinoisblue

Anyone go to the pub at the weekend? on 13:06 - Dec 7 by MonkeyAlan

Does the virus leave you alone then when you are seated and eating?

It’s taking a break at Xmas too; very considerate virus

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024