Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Millwall no longer taking the knee tomorrow now 21:26 - Dec 7 with 8271 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

And the Millwall fans on their forum are celebrating like they’ve won a trophy.

‘Millwall supporters have ended the knee. Probably one of the proudest moments of my Millwall career.’

Hope they get relegated. And then fold. Awful group of people support them.

https://millwall-forum.vitalfootball.co.uk/threads/club-statement-re-tomorrow-ni

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Millwall no longer taking the knee tomorrow now on 21:31 - Dec 7 with 4741 viewsJ2BLUE

'Ended the knee'?

One club out of 92 have opted out and the other 91 think they are a disgrace. Not exactly 'ending' it.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Millwall no longer taking the knee tomorrow now on 21:33 - Dec 7 with 4721 viewsStokieBlue

Bellends.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Millwall no longer taking the knee tomorrow now on 21:34 - Dec 7 with 4709 viewsFtnfwest

Millwall no longer taking the knee tomorrow now on 21:31 - Dec 7 by J2BLUE

'Ended the knee'?

One club out of 92 have opted out and the other 91 think they are a disgrace. Not exactly 'ending' it.

QPR did months ago
Millwall no longer taking the knee tomorrow now on 21:43 - Dec 7 with 4646 viewsSpruceMoose

Imagine how miserable your existence must be if you're celebrating this as a win.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Millwall no longer taking the knee tomorrow now on 21:45 - Dec 7 with 4640 viewsBloomBlue

Millwall no longer taking the knee tomorrow now on 21:34 - Dec 7 by Ftnfwest

QPR did months ago

QPR said today they would take the knee at Millwall (although as you said QPR stopped doing it a few weeks ago) hopefully they will still do that.
Millwall no longer taking the knee tomorrow now on 21:51 - Dec 7 with 4591 viewsSwansea_Blue

2 very different responses from clubs today then. One telling the racists to stay away and the other bowing to pressure from their racists. No surprise which one is Millwall.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Millwall no longer taking the knee tomorrow now on 21:51 - Dec 7 with 4591 viewsBent_double

I wonder how much the booing affected the Millwall players v Derby, from the brief highlights on Quest they didn't seem quite right, certainly wouldn't have expected them to lose at home to Derby.

I know if I was a player for any of those clubs with fans who booed, I wouldn't be trying my hardest to win. I'm still surprised Bart went there to be honest, but I guess you can't chose your clubs fans.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Millwall no longer taking the knee tomorrow now on 21:54 - Dec 7 with 4577 viewsfooters

Oh well.

Who was it the other day who retorted to the 'no one likes us, we don't care' with 'no one cares about you anyway' line.

Excellent.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Login to get fewer ads

Millwall no longer taking the knee tomorrow now on 22:09 - Dec 7 with 4485 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Millwall no longer taking the knee tomorrow now on 21:54 - Dec 7 by footers

Oh well.

Who was it the other day who retorted to the 'no one likes us, we don't care' with 'no one cares about you anyway' line.

Excellent.

I know for a factual fact that one of the things that annoys them most is the Birmingham response to their ‘no one likes us, we don’t care’ chant when the Brummies instantly respond in unison with ‘no one likes you, cos your sh*t’ every time.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Millwall no longer taking the knee tomorrow now on 22:18 - Dec 7 with 4438 viewsTexacoCup

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55213641 Colchester
Millwall no longer taking the knee tomorrow now on 22:37 - Dec 7 with 4359 viewsWacko

In the interests of fairness (and because no one has mentioned it I don't think), Millwall are replacing taking the knee with a show of solidarity where all players link arms and unfurl anti-racism banners.

Poll: Who would you rather see lose their job?

Millwall no longer taking the knee tomorrow now on 22:44 - Dec 7 with 4285 viewsdominiciawful

Pointless club tbh.

Poll: Which manager of the Marcus Evans era do you dislike the most?

Millwall no longer taking the knee tomorrow now on 02:54 - Dec 8 with 4055 viewsSE1blue

They can’t even manage to be busy, just c**ts.

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

Millwall no longer taking the knee tomorrow now on 07:10 - Dec 8 with 3899 viewsBarneycurley

Millwall no longer taking the knee tomorrow now on 22:37 - Dec 7 by Wacko

In the interests of fairness (and because no one has mentioned it I don't think), Millwall are replacing taking the knee with a show of solidarity where all players link arms and unfurl anti-racism banners.

I doubt your response will get any uptake its unlikely to fit most peoples agenda. Good to see them at least trying to do the right thing which by all accounts (the club) have been trying to do for a while now.

Interesting to see what response this gets from the fans this time.

Poll: Last nights obv lling of Evans are him and bluefish ever seen in the same room?

Millwall no longer taking the knee tomorrow now on 08:01 - Dec 8 with 3800 viewsmikeybloo88

Millwall no longer taking the knee tomorrow now on 07:10 - Dec 8 by Barneycurley

I doubt your response will get any uptake its unlikely to fit most peoples agenda. Good to see them at least trying to do the right thing which by all accounts (the club) have been trying to do for a while now.

I did say yesterday that rightly or wrongly the kneeling gesture can be associated with some protests that go beyond peaceful demands for equality, even though that is clearly not the message the players want to convey. I did ask if they would have been booed if they had unfurled banners supporting racial equality. I guess we'll now find out. If they are still booed there should be no condoning it whatsoever.
Millwall no longer taking the knee tomorrow now on 08:04 - Dec 8 with 3793 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Millwall no longer taking the knee tomorrow now on 07:10 - Dec 8 by Barneycurley

Agenda?! What's the agenda here?! Why are you defending racism (again)?

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Millwall no longer taking the knee tomorrow now on 08:18 - Dec 8 with 3755 viewsSteve_M

I'll leave Barney Ronay's piece in counter to that:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/dec/07/taking-a-knee-is-a-sign-to-mino

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Millwall no longer taking the knee tomorrow now on 08:38 - Dec 8 with 3700 viewsMalcolmBlue

Millwall no longer taking the knee tomorrow now on 21:51 - Dec 7 by Swansea_Blue

2 very different responses from clubs today then. One telling the racists to stay away and the other bowing to pressure from their racists. No surprise which one is Millwall.

They'd have no fans left

Poll: Is Theresa May the "Paul Hurst" of politics?

Millwall no longer taking the knee tomorrow now on 08:49 - Dec 8 with 3669 viewsHerbivore

This is really disappointing.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Millwall no longer taking the knee tomorrow now on 08:53 - Dec 8 with 3661 viewsSwansea_Blue

That mitigates it somewhat. It's still cowardly to bow to pressure from their racist fans though. It gives the message it's acceptable, which is how it's been taken by the fans who are now celebrating a win for racism.

The daft thing is that they released a pre-emptive statement (the obviously know their fans!) saying they'd only be taking the knee to the end of the year and then would be doing other stuff. They couldn't even manage 2 more weeks.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Millwall no longer taking the knee tomorrow now on 08:57 - Dec 8 with 3646 viewsBent_double

Millwall no longer taking the knee tomorrow now on 02:54 - Dec 8 by SE1blue

They can’t even manage to be busy, just c**ts.

It's impossible to try to understand the mindset of these people, I mean as a 'fan' you've gone 9 months without being able to watch your team play at home, and the most important thing to do is to boo your own players before the game even starts? Incomprehensible.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Millwall no longer taking the knee tomorrow now on 08:58 - Dec 8 with 3644 viewsKeno

So what if their fans boo the banner? do they stop doing that?

What if their fans start making racist gestures players, would that be ok?

Sometime you have to take a stand, and sometimes that stand is taking a knee

Shame on Millwall as a club, shame of their fans and shame on anyone who tries to defend it

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Millwall no longer taking the knee tomorrow now on 09:29 - Dec 8 with 3596 viewsWacko

Millwall no longer taking the knee tomorrow now on 08:18 - Dec 8 by Steve_M

I'll leave Barney Ronay's piece in counter to that:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/dec/07/taking-a-knee-is-a-sign-to-mino

I agree with the article - it is highly likely that a lot of these fans have jumped on the 'let's politicise BLM' bandwagon to mask their racism.

My point is that we as normal non-Alt-right people shouldn't stoop to their level and post only half the information to a story, in case we're accused of flogging an agenda (see below)
[Post edited 8 Dec 2020 9:29]

Millwall no longer taking the knee tomorrow now on 09:35 - Dec 8 with 3528 viewsWacko

Millwall no longer taking the knee tomorrow now on 08:58 - Dec 8 by Keno

So what if their fans boo the banner? do they stop doing that?

What if their fans start making racist gestures players, would that be ok?

Sometime you have to take a stand, and sometimes that stand is taking a knee

Shame on Millwall as a club, shame of their fans and shame on anyone who tries to defend it

I agree that taking a knee should never be booed. It doesn't represent a political movement in the UK.

But because some people (racists, probably) think it does, then they've found a loophole that allows them to exercise their racist views under the banner of 'anti-leftism'. So in answer to your first question, I would imagine (hope) the club comes down hard on anyone booing now, since there's no way to excuse it (and there's been countless similar things in the past like Kick It Out T-shirts etc.) Taking the knee just seems to work better (draw more attention) than just a T-shirt.

Millwall no longer taking the knee tomorrow now on 09:55 - Dec 8 with 3476 viewsGarv

Wow.

'I've never really bothered about the knee before. It was just the fact that our lads were doing it in front of us that hurt. It broke that magical feeling that they were our lads going out to fight for our club. All of a sudden, they were fighting for another cause and a political one at that.'

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024