Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why Celtic do not want Lambert 11:24 - Dec 8 with 1551 viewsMaySixth

https://thecelticblog.com/2020/12/blogs/a-message-to-the-celtic-board-on-paul-la

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Why Celtic do not want Lambert on 11:33 - Dec 8 with 1462 viewsbackwaywhen

Blimey they have summed him up in a nutshell , don’t think this will happen at all ..... shame , could have been a get out of jail card for all.
Why Celtic do not want Lambert on 11:34 - Dec 8 with 1459 viewsTieDyedIn95

Basically because he wasn't pro-the other big Scottish team being dumped out of the league causing a 1 team dominance over however many years and crippling Scottish football from an competitive and financial sense (even more so) for the benefit of Celtic qualifying for, and being dumped out of Europe year on year and making money from it, he's now not Celtic enough for Celtic.

They have appointed a collection of rubbish managers over the years which have been widely celebrated, Lambert is probably a better appointment than many of those they liked but because he looked at the Scottish league from the perspective of football and not Celtic he's not good enough.

I'd one up them and say the winners of the Championship have more right to play in Europe than anyone who qualified via the Scottish league system, which is about a step up from English boys football in quality. Lambert is too big for them, but he might fancy a step down in standard and a easier pace of life with their 2 team league system and if he does I am fully behind that move and Celtic's board.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Why Celtic do not want Lambert on 11:37 - Dec 8 with 1425 viewsJakeITFC

Celtic fans are weird aren’t they.
Why Celtic do not want Lambert on 11:39 - Dec 8 with 1419 viewsitfcjoe

Weird blog, wonder if it has many readers.

We don't like him because he doesn't think Rangers should have folded, plus we only want a manager from Europe

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Why Celtic do not want Lambert on 11:42 - Dec 8 with 1399 viewsSwansea_Blue

They've got him completely wrong. He's a superb man manager, tactician and has the experience of playing for one of the largest clubs in the world. He's obviously been hamstrung previously by having to repair broken clubs, and that takes time to rebuild and impose his winning identity. Celtic is the perfect large club where his talents could shine, and I'm convinced he'd be a complete success there.

As an aside, what a job did Brendan Rodgers do there. Loads of people used to say he only had to turn up to make Celtic successful and it proved nothing about his skills. Which is now proven to be rubbish of course. And to think we nearly had him in the door here .

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Why Celtic do not want Lambert on 12:21 - Dec 8 with 1241 viewsChrisd

They are right though in their assessment of his managerial and coaching credentials. What has he done recently to justify being linked with that job? Nothing. If I was a Celtic fan, I'd be concerned too 'IF' PL is a genuine candidate. Based on what we've seen here over the last 2 seasons he'd have them playing second fiddle to Aberdeen and Hibernian soon enough instead of closing the gap on Rangers.
[Post edited 8 Dec 2020 12:23]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Why Celtic do not want Lambert on 12:24 - Dec 8 with 1221 viewsfactual_blue

He's a third tier candidate apparently.

Sounds bang on right for Scotch football then.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Why Celtic do not want Lambert on 13:53 - Dec 8 with 978 viewsBlueBadger

Why Celtic do not want Lambert on 12:21 - Dec 8 by Chrisd

They are right though in their assessment of his managerial and coaching credentials. What has he done recently to justify being linked with that job? Nothing. If I was a Celtic fan, I'd be concerned too 'IF' PL is a genuine candidate. Based on what we've seen here over the last 2 seasons he'd have them playing second fiddle to Aberdeen and Hibernian soon enough instead of closing the gap on Rangers.
[Post edited 8 Dec 2020 12:23]

But, the football and matchday experience would be astonishing.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024