Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Covid in London seems to have gone crazy all of a sudden 15:58 - Dec 8 with 2643 viewsgiant_stow

Totally unscientific, but most of my kid's school are off now, heard of a secondary school completely closed and hearing the same thing from multiple families. Even the local streets seem quiet again. Got a bit real all of a sudden. Talk of tier 3 next week - might not be such a bad thing.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Covid in London seems to have gone crazy all of a sudden on 16:02 - Dec 8 with 2616 viewsFtnfwest

Student testing period in the last week (i know that's Uni students but i think will cause a spike generally as it did in September/October)
Covid in London seems to have gone crazy all of a sudden on 16:02 - Dec 8 with 2609 viewshoppy

Were they all up in Regent/Oxford Street at the weekend?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Covid in London seems to have gone crazy all of a sudden on 16:06 - Dec 8 with 2570 viewsgiant_stow

Covid in London seems to have gone crazy all of a sudden on 16:02 - Dec 8 by hoppy

Were they all up in Regent/Oxford Street at the weekend?

Everyone knows its only out of towners who go to Oxford street, silly!

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Covid in London seems to have gone crazy all of a sudden on 16:07 - Dec 8 with 2568 viewsPendejo

Youngest offspring on her 3rd term of self isolation in 7 weeks or so because of other persons testing positive (no symptoms)

With some of the places I've delivered things to in recent weeks think it's a matter of time 'til I get a text and trace ping. In Ipswich this week so safe then...?

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Covid in London seems to have gone crazy all of a sudden on 16:11 - Dec 8 with 2531 viewsgiant_stow

Covid in London seems to have gone crazy all of a sudden on 16:07 - Dec 8 by Pendejo

Youngest offspring on her 3rd term of self isolation in 7 weeks or so because of other persons testing positive (no symptoms)

With some of the places I've delivered things to in recent weeks think it's a matter of time 'til I get a text and trace ping. In Ipswich this week so safe then...?

3 isloations in 7 weeks?! ouch - feel for you.

Covid in London seems to have gone crazy all of a sudden on 16:46 - Dec 8 with 2424 viewshoppy

Covid in London seems to have gone crazy all of a sudden on 16:11 - Dec 8 by giant_stow

My son has had to isolate off school 2-3 times already too, and has had his mocks disrupted by it.

He's in Enfield, so with the current restrictions in place, it's going to be a while again before I can see him again. I last saw him on 10th October. Earlier in the year due to Lockdown 1.0 I had to go 5 months without seeing him :(

Covid in London seems to have gone crazy all of a sudden on 16:52 - Dec 8 with 2400 viewsStokieBlue

Reception and Year 3 both at home in the moment at our school.

Before that we hadn't had any cases since returning to school though so was bound to happen sometime.

Remember, only takes 1 cases for the year bubble to be sent home so might not be an indicator of rising cases, just bad circumstance. Technically 7 cases could close a whole primary school. If there are kids across multiple years that might only be a couple of families as well.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Covid in London seems to have gone crazy all of a sudden on 16:54 - Dec 8 with 2385 viewsgiant_stow

Covid in London seems to have gone crazy all of a sudden on 16:46 - Dec 8 by hoppy

My son has had to isolate off school 2-3 times already too, and has had his mocks disrupted by it.

He's in Enfield, so with the current restrictions in place, it's going to be a while again before I can see him again. I last saw him on 10th October. Earlier in the year due to Lockdown 1.0 I had to go 5 months without seeing him :(

ah mr, that’s rough. Roll on normality.

Login to get fewer ads

Covid in London seems to have gone crazy all of a sudden on 16:56 - Dec 8 with 2380 viewsgiant_stow

Covid in London seems to have gone crazy all of a sudden on 16:52 - Dec 8 by StokieBlue

Reception and Year 3 both at home in the moment at our school.

Before that we hadn't had any cases since returning to school though so was bound to happen sometime.

Remember, only takes 1 cases for the year bubble to be sent home so might not be an indicator of rising cases, just bad circumstance. Technically 7 cases could close a whole primary school. If there are kids across multiple years that might only be a couple of families as well.

SB

I think I've read something saying that North East London is worst off right now, so maybe you're just on the edge of it in Stokie. Hope so for you at least.

Covid in London seems to have gone crazy all of a sudden on 17:29 - Dec 8 with 2304 viewsclive_baker

My mates school (Cambs) has 900 pupils at home isolating out of 1,300.

Might as well shut them and learn from home until Jan now, Shirley?

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Covid in London seems to have gone crazy all of a sudden on 17:31 - Dec 8 with 2294 viewsclive_baker

Covid in London seems to have gone crazy all of a sudden on 16:11 - Dec 8 by giant_stow

How times change, huh? I was always in isolation IN school*

*I wasn't really, that was for the stupid kids. I just wanted to sound cool.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Covid in London seems to have gone crazy all of a sudden on 17:37 - Dec 8 with 2272 viewsgiant_stow

Covid in London seems to have gone crazy all of a sudden on 17:29 - Dec 8 by clive_baker

I reckon. I imagine every school is up and running with Google classrooms / equivalent now as ours is finally using it, so might as well.

Covid in London seems to have gone crazy all of a sudden on 17:46 - Dec 8 with 2250 viewsSwansea_Blue

Same here. The schools are the main source of transmission now (anecdotally), and it's rife. Our local comp is closing on Thursday as they've run out of well teachers, even to teach the single year that hasn't been sent home. My eldest's school has one year left out of 7. Several friends, colleagues and my kids' friends have it. And we're waiting on test results, Mrs feeling a bit sh*t, but the rest of us just not right.

And we've just started opening Christmas markets

I've been quite impressed with how we've handled it here compared to England, but I think we've just lost the plot and should have shut down again.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Covid in London seems to have gone crazy all of a sudden on 17:57 - Dec 8 with 2205 viewsgiant_stow

Covid in London seems to have gone crazy all of a sudden on 17:46 - Dec 8 by Swansea_Blue

Same here. The schools are the main source of transmission now (anecdotally), and it's rife. Our local comp is closing on Thursday as they've run out of well teachers, even to teach the single year that hasn't been sent home. My eldest's school has one year left out of 7. Several friends, colleagues and my kids' friends have it. And we're waiting on test results, Mrs feeling a bit sh*t, but the rest of us just not right.

I've been quite impressed with how we've handled it here compared to England, but I think we've just lost the plot and should have shut down again.

Wow, not enough teachers for one class? Crumbs.

Covid in London seems to have gone crazy all of a sudden on 18:05 - Dec 8 with 2184 viewsSwansea_Blue

Covid in London seems to have gone crazy all of a sudden on 17:57 - Dec 8 by giant_stow

Wow, not enough teachers for one class? Crumbs.

1 year in a largish comp. But yeah, still that's pretty bad.

Covid in London seems to have gone crazy all of a sudden on 19:13 - Dec 8 with 2041 viewsSteve_M

Yep, looks like that anecdotal evidence is backed up:

I’m staying put in Camden.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Covid in London seems to have gone crazy all of a sudden on 19:16 - Dec 8 with 2023 viewsGlasgowBlue

Covid in London seems to have gone crazy all of a sudden on 17:46 - Dec 8 by Swansea_Blue

I'm not sure there is much to be impressed about? Wales has consistently topped the charts for infections and deaths. Highest weekly death total for the past 7 months. The only part of the UK where infections aren't falling. This isn't a recent trend.
[Post edited 8 Dec 2020 19:23]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Covid in London seems to have gone crazy all of a sudden on 20:15 - Dec 8 with 1896 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Brother and nephew in Barnet have it. St Albans school shut....they surely can't carry on pretending exams will go on as normal for much longer!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Covid in London seems to have gone crazy all of a sudden on 10:36 - Dec 9 with 1661 viewssolemio

Covid in London seems to have gone crazy all of a sudden on 17:29 - Dec 8 by clive_baker

I'm sure you're right, Christine.
Covid in London seems to have gone crazy all of a sudden on 10:45 - Dec 9 with 1645 viewshoppy

Covid in London seems to have gone crazy all of a sudden on 19:13 - Dec 8 by Steve_M

Yep, looks like that anecdotal evidence is backed up:

I’m staying put in Camden.

And I definitely won’t be seeing my son in Enfield for a while longer - he’s in the top 10.

Covid in London seems to have gone crazy all of a sudden on 10:47 - Dec 9 with 1634 viewsStokieBlue

Covid in London seems to have gone crazy all of a sudden on 10:45 - Dec 9 by hoppy

And I definitely won’t be seeing my son in Enfield for a while longer - he’s in the top 10.

Why can't you see him outside?

The cases are on par with Ipswich aren't they?

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Covid in London seems to have gone crazy all of a sudden on 12:23 - Dec 9 with 1562 viewsSwansea_Blue

Covid in London seems to have gone crazy all of a sudden on 19:16 - Dec 8 by GlasgowBlue

I'm not sure there is much to be impressed about? Wales has consistently topped the charts for infections and deaths. Highest weekly death total for the past 7 months. The only part of the UK where infections aren't falling. This isn't a recent trend.
[Post edited 8 Dec 2020 19:23]

I was talking about how it's being handled from a resident's perspective. The messaging has been pretty clear, and we've often gone a bit further with restrictions (although nowhere near far enough imo). The response has been far more mature, but is of course closely tied in to the Westminster response too, so it's hard to untangle outcomes. e.g. the biggest mistake is the relaxing the recent firebreak rules, which worked really well in driving cases down. But they couldn't afford to extend it and Westminster wouldn't help. The whole of the UK is poor in terms of outcomes though.

And Wales hasn't consistently topped the charts. It's been bad, sure. Wales, England and NI have all been pretty bad. Wales is top or second after England for overall death rate depending which ONS measure you look at. NI tops the overall cases rate, Wales second. Cases are bad here now as we came out of our firebreak lockdown earlier than anyone else. But deaths over the last couple of weeks in Wales are 1/3rd of England's rate per 100k.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024