Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
look at me 17:35 - Dec 8 with 2818 viewsgiant_stow

At 7 pm, I head off to rejoin the world of footy to play in a trial for a "seniors" (bludy cheek) football team.

Very nervous and hoping there are plenty of scouts watching as although I'm 46, I've never really used my body for much, so there should be plenty in the tank for the professional game. baby steps though. Must remember not to smoke in front of the coach.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

look at me on 17:42 - Dec 8 with 2757 viewsMattinLondon

At 46 are you even able to run?

Best of luck.
look at me on 17:46 - Dec 8 with 2742 viewsgiant_stow

look at me on 17:42 - Dec 8 by MattinLondon

Best of luck.

The honest answer is I'm not sure. probably for a few minutes - any more than 10 counts as a success.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

look at me on 17:48 - Dec 8 with 2737 viewsPendejo

The last time I played, aged 49 and a half, my legs went after 45 minutes...

Enjoy it, I get an indescribable thrill just kicking a ball back to fathers and sons in the park.
[Post edited 8 Dec 2020 17:48]

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

look at me on 17:48 - Dec 8 with 2728 viewsSwansea_Blue

"I've never really used my body"

I'm sure your family have though .

Good for you. 46 is nothing, as long as you're happy being out of breath just when getting your kit on and taking 4 days to recover after a warm up. It'll take a lot longer to get up to fitness, but you'll get there.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

look at me on 17:49 - Dec 8 with 2721 viewsgiant_stow

look at me on 17:48 - Dec 8 by Pendejo

Enjoy it, I get an indescribable thrill just kicking a ball back to fathers and sons in the park.

There's hope then! Football's great innit.

look at me on 18:24 - Dec 8 with 2612 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Best of luck.

My dad informed me the other day that he regularly runs to his local shops and back, a round trip of a mile. Doesn't sound that impressive until you realise he's 84!

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

look at me on 18:27 - Dec 8 with 2591 viewsDarth_Koont

You’re absolutely screaming goalie.

Pronouns: He/Him

look at me on 18:28 - Dec 8 with 2589 viewsjeera

Good luck and have fun.

Steady though, if your chest starts hurting it might not be that kebab from lunchtime.

Just take on board any signs.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Login to get fewer ads

look at me on 18:56 - Dec 8 with 2509 viewsRyorry

If you don't listen to the coach for anything else, make sure you do so for the warm-up - and pay particular attention to hamstring stretches ...

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

look at me on 18:57 - Dec 8 with 2503 viewsjeera

And make sure you wear a vest.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

look at me on 20:35 - Dec 8 with 2400 viewsnoggin

look at me on 18:57 - Dec 8 by jeera

And make sure you wear a vest.

And take the knee before kick off.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

look at me on 20:42 - Dec 8 with 2369 viewsNthQldITFC

Remember, it doesn't matter how well you do, how many goals you score, or great passes you make, it's all about participating.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

look at me on 20:45 - Dec 8 with 2360 viewsVic

I just called Paul and he said he’ll sign you - doesn’t need to even sent a scout down. You’re on the right wing on Sat afternoon.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

look at me on 21:26 - Dec 8 with 2300 viewsfactual_blue

Is there going to be a Youtube video?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

look at me on 07:08 - Dec 9 with 2201 viewsgiant_stow

Best of luck.

Match report:

I survived.

The warm-up only left me breathless - not bad hey? My legs went about 5 mins into the game, at which point one kindly gent told me "if you can't run, just stay back". Managed to last the hour like that.

Made plenty of cock-ups but also a couple of decent though balls to those able to run, including an "assist".

The star of the show was the player-coach who despite being 64 was fit as a fiddle and could clearly have played another hour.

Brilliant fun all told - reccomend it to anyone else wonderring whether to try it!
[Post edited 9 Dec 2020 7:09]

look at me on 07:59 - Dec 9 with 2127 viewsCoastalblue

look at me on 17:48 - Dec 8 by Pendejo

The last time I played at 49 my left achilles snapped and I spent 7 months in a boot, I took that as a message. I still jog occasionally but that's the limit of my exertions now.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

How did it go? on 09:59 - Dec 9 with 2047 viewsghostofescobar

Still walking? Scream one in the top corner from 30 yards? Or trip over your own feet and take 5 mins to get up again?

GhostOfEscobar

How did it go? on 11:15 - Dec 9 with 2000 viewsgiant_stow

How did it go? on 09:59 - Dec 9 by ghostofescobar

Still walking? Scream one in the top corner from 30 yards? Or trip over your own feet and take 5 mins to get up again?

My back's killing me (!) but no other trouble. I did trip vcer a guy who was a bit of a ringer (strong as an ox and not looking a day over 40) but that was all.

look at me on 11:40 - Dec 9 with 1967 viewsBiGDonnie

I'm 35 and have already moved to centre back from target man at 6 aside. A sprint every couple of minutes, keeping it nice and simple at the back and loving it.

Lost 8-2 Monday.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

look at me on 11:43 - Dec 9 with 1956 viewsgiant_stow

look at me on 11:40 - Dec 9 by BiGDonnie

I'm 35 and have already moved to centre back from target man at 6 aside. A sprint every couple of minutes, keeping it nice and simple at the back and loving it.

Lost 8-2 Monday.

Nice one. What is it about playing that's so good? No idea, but its the best sport out there.

look at me on 11:47 - Dec 9 with 1944 viewsbluelagos

look at me on 11:40 - Dec 9 by BiGDonnie

Lost 8-2 Monday.

Lost 8-2. Reckon you should try out for the budgies.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

look at me on 11:53 - Dec 9 with 1924 viewsBiGDonnie

look at me on 11:43 - Dec 9 by giant_stow

Nice one. What is it about playing that's so good? No idea, but its the best sport out there.

Yeah it's a lot of fun, although I wouldn't even bother trying a proper 11 aside game.

Nice to see you got the assist, perhaps they should stick you into a 'Dunga' type role where you don't actually have to leave the centre circle?

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024