Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So was there booing at Milwall 06:06 - Dec 9 with 3134 viewsBarneycurley

With their updated "anti racism" stand?

Haven't seen it mentioned. So am I to assume they behaved themselves?

Poll: Last nights obv lling of Evans are him and bluefish ever seen in the same room?

So was there booing at Milwall on 06:52 - Dec 9 with 2635 viewsReuser_is_God

No, applause all round.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

So was there booing at Milwall on 07:36 - Dec 9 with 2592 viewsBarneycurley

So was there booing at Milwall on 06:52 - Dec 9 by Reuser_is_God

No, applause all round.

Really? Or am I being woodshed?

Poll: Last nights obv lling of Evans are him and bluefish ever seen in the same room?

So was there booing at Milwall on 08:24 - Dec 9 with 2521 viewsPendejo

So was there booing at Milwall on 07:36 - Dec 9 by Barneycurley

Really? Or am I being woodshed?

I watched first 60 minutes, then got bored and channel hopped to Prime.

There was no booing as far as I could tell, the anti racism stuff was applauded.

About the most interesting thing about the game was every 5 minutes or so the commentator was apologising for the swearing being picked up by the microphones.

Oh and Ipswich got a mention, something do with a player of the season winner...

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

So was there booing at Milwall on 08:45 - Dec 9 with 2497 viewsElderGrizzly

No booing, but they did drop the taking of the knee gesture and went with a banner instead.

So you could say the knuckleheads won?

QPR did this though when they scored :)

[Post edited 9 Dec 2020 8:59]
So was there booing at Milwall on 08:48 - Dec 9 with 2487 viewsbluelagos

So was there booing at Milwall on 08:45 - Dec 9 by ElderGrizzly

No booing, but they did drop the taking of the knee gesture and went with a banner instead.

So you could say the knuckleheads won?

QPR did this though when they scored :)

[Post edited 9 Dec 2020 8:59]

?

There was applause according to the media reports. Skynews even showed fans in the stand all applauding.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

So was there booing at Milwall on 08:59 - Dec 9 with 2449 viewsElderGrizzly

So was there booing at Milwall on 08:48 - Dec 9 by bluelagos

?

There was applause according to the media reports. Skynews even showed fans in the stand all applauding.

Sorry, missing a “,”.

I should have said no booing
So was there booing at Milwall on 09:38 - Dec 9 with 2390 viewsBarneycurley

So was there booing at Milwall on 08:24 - Dec 9 by Pendejo

I watched first 60 minutes, then got bored and channel hopped to Prime.

There was no booing as far as I could tell, the anti racism stuff was applauded.

About the most interesting thing about the game was every 5 minutes or so the commentator was apologising for the swearing being picked up by the microphones.

Oh and Ipswich got a mention, something do with a player of the season winner...

So are we to surmise that the issue was the kneeling and that instead of being widespread racism in the club?

So was there booing at Milwall on 09:40 - Dec 9 with 2380 viewsKeno

So was there booing at Milwall on 09:38 - Dec 9 by Barneycurley

So are we to surmise that the issue was the kneeling and that instead of being widespread racism in the club?

Not entirely sure you can separate them that easily

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Login to get fewer ads

So was there booing at Milwall on 09:42 - Dec 9 with 2381 viewsfooters

Why are you so bothered about this? Have you read the Millwall forum, it's absolutely fcking vile. Why you feel the need to stick up for these abhorrent people I have no idea.

Well, I do. But it wouldn't say an awful lot about you if it were true.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

So was there booing at Milwall on 09:46 - Dec 9 with 2351 viewsBarneycurley

So was there booing at Milwall on 09:42 - Dec 9 by footers

Why are you so bothered about this? Have you read the Millwall forum, it's absolutely fcking vile. Why you feel the need to stick up for these abhorrent people I have no idea.

Well, I do. But it wouldn't say an awful lot about you if it were true.

Read a Millwall forum? I barely have time to come on here, you must have way too much time on your hands.

So was there booing at Milwall on 09:50 - Dec 9 with 2348 viewsfooters

So was there booing at Milwall on 09:46 - Dec 9 by Barneycurley

Read a Millwall forum? I barely have time to come on here, you must have way too much time on your hands.

I don't have that much time on my hands that I'm running a one-man anti anti-racist campaign on here though.

But as I've said, I think I know why you're doing it. But I sincerely hope not.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

So was there booing at Milwall on 09:50 - Dec 9 with 2346 viewsPendejo

Who knows?

Under the microscope of intense media attention they behaved, but even violent offenders know when to behave if they think it gets them something... Doesn't make them any less dangerous.

The club is most definitely not racist, they have someone than most in this regard for many years... some of their fans...

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

So was there booing at Milwall on 10:02 - Dec 9 with 2313 viewseireblue

So was there booing at Milwall on 09:40 - Dec 9 by Keno

Not entirely sure you can separate them that easily

Lets say people in a minority group, decide to protest in a certain way, and others are happy to join in to show solidarity.

Some members of a majority group disapprove of the type of protest and want it stopped.

I agree, I don’t see how that isn’t an issue.

Seems to me that is simple a case of the attitude, I don’t mind X people, as long as X people act the way I want.

I think that would be an example of bigotry or racism, certainly intolerance.
So was there booing at Milwall on 10:04 - Dec 9 with 2313 viewsSwansea_Blue

Seems like they managed to behave themselves. Some players did take the knee before the game and the was a bit of kickback to the QPR celebration in the ground and some pretty vile racist stuff posted online. So god knows where that leaves us. Arseholes like Farage think they've won a great victory though (again, it's only those with racist views who have frames this as a political battle to be won). Most of us would just like to see and end to racism and if BLM is furthering that cause then all well and good.

That picture of the pair kneeling in front of the Millwall fans is the football picture of the week. Who are a bunch white men to tell those two that their response to racism is wrong?
[Post edited 9 Dec 2020 10:04]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

So was there booing at Milwall on 10:09 - Dec 9 with 2289 viewsBlueBadger

So was there booing at Milwall on 09:50 - Dec 9 by footers

I don't have that much time on my hands that I'm running a one-man anti anti-racist campaign on here though.

But as I've said, I think I know why you're doing it. But I sincerely hope not.

I can't hep but feel that 'anti-anti racism' is bit of a mouthful. Don't we have something a bit more elegant? 'Pro racism'?
[Post edited 9 Dec 2020 10:57]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

So was there booing at Milwall on 10:21 - Dec 9 with 2248 viewsBlueBadger

At the very least, given that both are gestures against racism I'm going to go with the issue being, at best, sh1twitted ignorance.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

So was there booing at Milwall on 10:26 - Dec 9 with 2238 viewsRadlett_blue

So was there booing at Milwall on 10:04 - Dec 9 by Swansea_Blue

Seems like they managed to behave themselves. Some players did take the knee before the game and the was a bit of kickback to the QPR celebration in the ground and some pretty vile racist stuff posted online. So god knows where that leaves us. Arseholes like Farage think they've won a great victory though (again, it's only those with racist views who have frames this as a political battle to be won). Most of us would just like to see and end to racism and if BLM is furthering that cause then all well and good.

That picture of the pair kneeling in front of the Millwall fans is the football picture of the week. Who are a bunch white men to tell those two that their response to racism is wrong?
[Post edited 9 Dec 2020 10:04]

There won't be an "end" to racism, just a reduction over time. This has certainly happened in England during my lifetime & hopefully it will continue. The way forward continues to be a combination of education & legislation. I doubt gestures before football matches achieve anything, rather like the fair play pre game handshakes.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

So was there booing at Milwall on 10:30 - Dec 9 with 2227 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Surely the supporters at the second match were entirely different to the ones in the first, if their ballot is anything like ours?

Maybe they got lucky and got the less racist ones at the second attempt. Or maybe they were cherrypicked as milder Millwall fans.

I'm sure it's much more nuanced than this proving Millwall fans aren't racist.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

So was there booing at Milwall on 11:08 - Dec 9 with 2203 viewsBlueBadger

So was there booing at Milwall on 10:26 - Dec 9 by Radlett_blue

There won't be an "end" to racism, just a reduction over time. This has certainly happened in England during my lifetime & hopefully it will continue. The way forward continues to be a combination of education & legislation. I doubt gestures before football matches achieve anything, rather like the fair play pre game handshakes.

It's a cumulative societal thing - through the late 90's and 00's we saw reductions in hate crimes generally because the media and national culture was largely one of 'try to be less of a d1ck' with increasingly acceptance of all sorts of previously marginalised and vilified people and things and the far-right was very much on the wane. Then, we got Tory governments back again, a resurgent far-right as a result significantly, larger numbers of politicians and public figures(both home and abroad)who were actively courting the votes and approval of d1cks so more d1ckery has, namely hate crimes, particularly after June 2016.

Whilst you're right that football matches in themselves don't achieve anything, it's part of a wider effort - culture reflects society and society reflects culture.

Greater tolerance of an unpleasant culture makes for a worse society and vice versa.
[Post edited 9 Dec 2020 12:26]

So was there booing at Milwall on 11:46 - Dec 9 with 2153 viewsHalf_Idiot

It could be argued that the applause was because they were not kneeling rather than for the banner.

That and because all eyes were on them, waiting to see how how they would behave.

You might find that if they hold up that banner every game the booing may eventually return. Unfortunately there are still a lot of people out there that don't believe there is a problem that needs addressing. These people will react no matter how the message is supported.
So was there booing at Milwall on 12:03 - Dec 9 with 2113 viewsSpruceMoose

You wish.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

So was there booing at Milwall on 12:05 - Dec 9 with 2109 viewsSpruceMoose

So was there booing at Milwall on 09:46 - Dec 9 by Barneycurley

Yet it's you who keeps starting multiple Very Concerned threads on players at other clubs taking a knee. Curious.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

So was there booing at Milwall on 12:23 - Dec 9 with 2076 viewsBluefish

I would surmise that the lifetime ban threats and the removal of the ability to blame their racism on a particular act left the racists with less options

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

So was there booing at Milwall on 13:34 - Dec 9 with 2041 viewsJimmyJazz

The Millwall fans may view their own players not taking a knee as a victory. But what they have also done is made taking a knee by the opposition more appropriate at the New Den than at most other grounds, both at kick off and when a goal is scored. I guess they haven't figured that out though yet

Score a goal at Millwall, and whichever end of the ground it's scored at, turn to the area of the loudest Millwall fans, take a knee, raise a fist and it's aimed squarely at those fans. Stirring stuff.

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

So was there booing at Milwall on 13:57 - Dec 9 with 2005 viewsBiGDonnie

This is what my Milwall pals have been saying, some of whom are black. I do just think they were bloody stupid not realising the booing would be linked to them being massive racists.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024