Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Netflix recommendations please. 23:42 - Dec 9 with 3870 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Got to self isolate due to a positive Covid test result this evening, b@gger, so will be needing to spend the next 10 days or so glued to the TV.
Give me some inspiration please, going to be pulling my hair out at the prospect of being stuck at home. Thanks.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Netflix recommendations please. on 23:51 - Dec 9 with 2603 viewsIllinoisblue

Not sure if the latest season of Fargo is on there. Chris Rock is in it. It’s not great but not terrible. The Jeffrey Epstein documentary is good albeit in a repulsive way

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Netflix recommendations please. on 23:53 - Dec 9 with 2600 viewsBlueBadger

Animated series 'Big mouth' is superb. Very filthy, very funny, very clever.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Netflix recommendations please. on 23:59 - Dec 9 with 2583 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Netflix recommendations please. on 23:53 - Dec 9 by BlueBadger

That sounds my kind of thing. Cheers, will give it a look.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Netflix recommendations please. on 00:06 - Dec 10 with 2571 viewsjeera

Ozark too obvious?

Hope you get well soon.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Netflix recommendations please. on 00:14 - Dec 10 with 2563 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Netflix recommendations please. on 00:06 - Dec 10 by jeera

Ozark too obvious?

Hope you get well soon.

Ozark is one i've had my eye on so good shout.
Thanks, come as a bit of a shock tbh as have been being really cautious. Had a cough last night, booked a test this morning and had the result this evening. Hopefully will be ok going forward.

Netflix recommendations please. on 00:28 - Dec 10 with 2547 viewsSpruceMoose

Netflix recommendations please. on 00:14 - Dec 10 by StochesStotasBlewe

Thanks, come as a bit of a shock tbh as have been being really cautious. Had a cough last night, booked a test this morning and had the result this evening. Hopefully will be ok going forward.

If you want something lighthearted and funny that you can quickly get through Schitts Creek is great. Not only funny, but if develops into something, well, quite meaningful and funny.

Better Call Saul is good too. You can watch it without watching Breaking Bad but knowing the back story enriches it.

Hope you're on the mend soon old chap.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Netflix recommendations please. on 00:38 - Dec 10 with 2540 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Netflix recommendations please. on 00:28 - Dec 10 by SpruceMoose

If you want something lighthearted and funny that you can quickly get through Schitts Creek is great. Not only funny, but if develops into something, well, quite meaningful and funny.

Better Call Saul is good too. You can watch it without watching Breaking Bad but knowing the back story enriches it.

Hope you're on the mend soon old chap.

Thank you.
Saw Better Call Saul after Breaking Bad. Very good.
Watched the first few of Schitts Creek the other week, maybe i need to persevere with it and see where it goes.

Netflix recommendations please. on 01:11 - Dec 10 with 2518 viewsSpruceMoose

Netflix recommendations please. on 00:38 - Dec 10 by StochesStotasBlewe

Thank you.
Watched the first few of Schitts Creek the other week, maybe i need to persevere with it and see where it goes.

I couldn't get into Schitts Creek initially. The missus took to it straight away so it kept being put on, something seemed to click towards the end of season one.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Login to get fewer ads

Netflix recommendations please. on 04:36 - Dec 10 with 2437 viewsCoastalblue

Stuff I've enjoyed over the last few months

The Spy
Orphan Black
Unorthodox
The Queen's Gambit.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Netflix recommendations please. on 04:39 - Dec 10 with 2431 viewsTractorWood

Trailer Park Boys.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Netflix recommendations please. on 05:50 - Dec 10 with 2402 viewsChrisd

The Queen’s Gambit and Godless on Netflix. Try Snowfall on BBC IPlayer, all good watches.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Netflix recommendations please. on 06:19 - Dec 10 with 2367 viewsnoggin

Netflix recommendations please. on 05:50 - Dec 10 by Chrisd

The Queen’s Gambit and Godless on Netflix. Try Snowfall on BBC IPlayer, all good watches.

The Queen's Gambit is excellent.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Netflix recommendations please. on 07:23 - Dec 10 with 2305 viewseastangliaisblue

My Octopus Teacher. A very good documentary film, will warm your heart and break it in equal measure.
Netflix recommendations please. on 07:52 - Dec 10 with 2246 viewsmikeybloo88

Netflix recommendations please. on 01:11 - Dec 10 by SpruceMoose

I couldn't get into Schitts Creek initially. The missus took to it straight away so it kept being put on, something seemed to click towards the end of season one.

Agree with that, really starts hitting the heights with series 2 and stays there. I'd add Grace and Frankie which I thought was as good as SC, Unabomber and Designated Survivor. Might be worth getting a free month trial of Amazon Prime if you can, would get you access to the superb Marvelous Mrs. Maisel and another great comedy series Red Oaks, heartwarming and funny in an 80s setting so brilliantly nostalgic if you were around in that era,but still good if you weren't.
Netflix recommendations please. on 09:55 - Dec 10 with 2126 viewsKeno

Netflix recommendations please. on 07:52 - Dec 10 by mikeybloo88

Agree with that, really starts hitting the heights with series 2 and stays there. I'd add Grace and Frankie which I thought was as good as SC, Unabomber and Designated Survivor. Might be worth getting a free month trial of Amazon Prime if you can, would get you access to the superb Marvelous Mrs. Maisel and another great comedy series Red Oaks, heartwarming and funny in an 80s setting so brilliantly nostalgic if you were around in that era,but still good if you weren't.

Red Oaks - thats seconded from me

Designated Survivor - I thought the first series was excellent after that "meh"

On Prime Bosch, Goliath and Outlander are worth watching

Poll: What the penalty given last night because
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Netflix recommendations please. on 09:56 - Dec 10 with 2123 viewshype313

Get tucked in to Ozark, you will be out of isolation before you know it.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Netflix recommendations please. on 10:00 - Dec 10 with 2107 viewsGeoffSentence

Netflix recommendations please. on 00:38 - Dec 10 by StochesStotasBlewe

Thank you.

I watched the first couple of episodes of Schitt's Creek based on people here saying how good it was.

Not for me. Didn't find it funny at all.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Netflix recommendations please. on 10:31 - Dec 10 with 2050 viewsIpswichKnight

That sucks to be isolated hope it’s only a mild dose.

The last Kingdom is very good and I think a new series will be launched very soon too

First 2 seasons of Schitts creek are a bit iffy in places but it then improves massively
Netflix recommendations please. on 10:40 - Dec 10 with 2039 viewsitfcjoe

Netflix recommendations please. on 04:36 - Dec 10 by Coastalblue

Stuff I've enjoyed over the last few months

The Spy
Orphan Black
Unorthodox
The Queen's Gambit.

+1 for The Spy, is excellent

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Netflix recommendations please. on 11:01 - Dec 10 with 2012 viewsCoastalblue

Netflix recommendations please. on 10:31 - Dec 10 by IpswichKnight

That sucks to be isolated hope it’s only a mild dose.

The last Kingdom is very good and I think a new series will be launched very soon too

First 2 seasons of Schitts creek are a bit iffy in places but it then improves massively

I like The Last Kingdom and agree with the reccomendation, but think anybody sitting down to watch it should be aware that the first series was made by the BBC with a budget of about 50p. It's still very watchable, but you have to look past the hordes (5) people running into battle, budgets and production values went up massively from season 2 onwards.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Netflix recommendations please. on 12:05 - Dec 10 with 1939 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Netflix recommendations please. on 23:53 - Dec 9 by BlueBadger

Watching this at present, exactly as BB describes.

Going to alternate this with The Spy and Ozark.

Thanks all.

Netflix recommendations please. on 12:06 - Dec 10 with 1938 viewsurbanblue

I think you will thoroughly enjoy Ozark.

What I would recommend is, by hook or by crook, even if you have to pay for it, somehow get the two seasons so far of 'Succession'.

Outstanding and the best thing I've seen for years.

I hope you stay well and cruise through it mate. Best Wishes.
Netflix recommendations please. on 12:09 - Dec 10 with 1926 viewshoppy

Can't add anything on the Netflix recommendations, but wish you all the best with recovery and hope by isolating the worst of it is that you have the cough, and no more serious symptoms.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Netflix recommendations please. on 12:12 - Dec 10 with 1919 viewsfooters

I am not really a telly person, so no good recommendations, but get well soon dear chap.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Netflix recommendations please. on 12:21 - Dec 10 with 1905 viewsjeera

Netflix recommendations please. on 12:09 - Dec 10 by hoppy

Can't add anything on the Netflix recommendations, but wish you all the best with recovery and hope by isolating the worst of it is that you have the cough, and no more serious symptoms.

How's the missus nowadays?

Getting there?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024