Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Lambert outers 07:28 - Dec 10 with 1969 viewshype313

I do wonder if the majority of Lambert outers are on here, not necessarily in the wider social sphere, reading some of the replies to Watson tweet, there does seem to be some sympathy for Lambert that we don't see on here. I'm wondering if this will play out at PR and we don't see/hear hostile reception to the management due to the more local fans.

Forgive me if I'm wrong but looking at the posters on here by in large, there does seem a majority that don't/can't go to games for demographic reasons.

Spruce, Homer, Ilinois, SE1 all North American based.
Dan, fishers, Mullet, Darth, Glassers, Ryorry and a number of others all far away from PR.

Will be interesting to see what the feeling is when bigger crowds return, I'm hopeful that apathy, and anger towards the actions of the club will be voiced by the more local fanbase
[Post edited 10 Dec 2020 7:30]

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

The Lambert outers on 07:40 - Dec 10 with 1681 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I think suggesting that most posters on here can't go to matches for demographic reasons is way wide of the mark, and also irrelevant given that no one has attended matches this season.

The reason people don't like Lambert is generally for finishing 11th in league one, current poor form and banning Phil from press conferences and his negative demeanor.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

The Lambert outers on 07:42 - Dec 10 with 1679 viewsSteve_M

I think there is a tendency in social groups - be they online, or more real world base - for views to align and I think that's certainly the case on here with Lambert. I'm not sure the degree of criticism and, in some cases, vitriol is matched amongst other ITFC fans I know.

I do think that, taken in isolation, then this season has mitigating circumstances given the injuries suffered and the current league position really isn't that bad at the moment. The context here is, of course, important and it is not just about this season's results but last season's failure and Lambert's change in approach and demeanour.

Also, for all Lambert's failings, most fans would rather see the team win than lose just to prove a point. The reaction to last Saturday demonstrates and reaffirms that. Couple that with being able to watch live football for the first time in nine months and I wouldn't expect to see too many vocally disgruntled fans inside Portman Road anytime soon.

I suspect the bulk of the club's fans would agree that Lambert hasn't done enough but aren't as desperate to see him sacked as many on here are. And I say that as someone who is much less critical of Lambert than the centre of gravity on here but still thinks he isn't going to recover here and should be replaced.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

The Lambert outers on 07:47 - Dec 10 with 1661 viewsStokieBlue

Their eyes should still work when they attend the match. We are very poor, anyone can see that. Listen to the podcasts on the leagues below the Premier League and they can't believe how poor we are and that PL still has a job.

I am sure things are more focused on here and views might align more readily but anyone can see we are awful and it's not just recent because of the injuries.

I think you are probably right though, it won't be voiced at the ground and most will be happy to be back.

Might not even mind if they don't see a shot on target all match. Perhaps PL will turn it around and we will start playing with style and attacking intent but the evidence thus far just doesn't support that hope.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

The Lambert outers on 07:47 - Dec 10 with 1641 viewsBluefish

The Lambert outers on 07:42 - Dec 10 by Steve_M

I think there is a tendency in social groups - be they online, or more real world base - for views to align and I think that's certainly the case on here with Lambert. I'm not sure the degree of criticism and, in some cases, vitriol is matched amongst other ITFC fans I know.

I do think that, taken in isolation, then this season has mitigating circumstances given the injuries suffered and the current league position really isn't that bad at the moment. The context here is, of course, important and it is not just about this season's results but last season's failure and Lambert's change in approach and demeanour.

Also, for all Lambert's failings, most fans would rather see the team win than lose just to prove a point. The reaction to last Saturday demonstrates and reaffirms that. Couple that with being able to watch live football for the first time in nine months and I wouldn't expect to see too many vocally disgruntled fans inside Portman Road anytime soon.

I suspect the bulk of the club's fans would agree that Lambert hasn't done enough but aren't as desperate to see him sacked as many on here are. And I say that as someone who is much less critical of Lambert than the centre of gravity on here but still thinks he isn't going to recover here and should be replaced.

Have you had a bang to the head?

Shambert out is the 1st thing TWTD has ever agreed on in the history of the board

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

The Lambert outers on 08:04 - Dec 10 with 1602 viewsWD19

I think it is likely the ‘outers’ are greater in number amongst those that watch us play.

There will be many good old boys who have sympathy with Lambert....and last saw us play in about 2005.
[Post edited 10 Dec 2020 8:06]
The Lambert outers on 08:26 - Dec 10 with 1550 viewsitfcjoe

I think it's more that the people who follow it on here, read the papers, social media etc are far more engaged than a lot of others, and agree there won't be much of a groundswell of opinion in front of the crowd unless results are poor going forwards when fans watching.

You look at the numbers on iFollow, it's not close to a normal crowd actually watching us to see how bad we've been. Someone like my Dad won't watch games on there, he'll see the results, he'll ask how we played, but ultimately the league table looks decent currently.

If we were at games a crescendo would have been building, as it is Lambert has had a free ride up to this point.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

The Lambert outers on 08:37 - Dec 10 with 1502 viewshype313

The Lambert outers on 08:26 - Dec 10 by itfcjoe

I think it's more that the people who follow it on here, read the papers, social media etc are far more engaged than a lot of others, and agree there won't be much of a groundswell of opinion in front of the crowd unless results are poor going forwards when fans watching.

You look at the numbers on iFollow, it's not close to a normal crowd actually watching us to see how bad we've been. Someone like my Dad won't watch games on there, he'll see the results, he'll ask how we played, but ultimately the league table looks decent currently.

If we were at games a crescendo would have been building, as it is Lambert has had a free ride up to this point.

There still does seem a groundswell of sympathy for him when I have ventured out and about, and the worst of the vitriol seems to be aimed at us on here.

This is one of the many comments I've read on other outlets.

The Lambert outers on 09:01 - Dec 10 with 1441 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

The Lambert outers on 08:37 - Dec 10 by hype313

There still does seem a groundswell of sympathy for him when I have ventured out and about, and the worst of the vitriol seems to be aimed at us on here.

This is one of the many comments I've read on other outlets.

Taking into account the following;

- Not putting up a fight in the relegation season.
- Finishing 11th in League 1.
- Terrible form accross the whole of 2020.
- Banning Phil Ham.
- Bizarre, negative behaviour in press conferences.
- Appalling record against the Top 6 teams in L1.
- Poor current league form.

You do wonder where the confidence comes from.

Yes we are 3rd, but in poor form, and it seems that the occassional win against a poor side lifts confidence.

I hope he turns it around, but the concerns of the Lambert outers is not without foundation.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Login to get fewer ads

The Lambert outers on 09:05 - Dec 10 with 1409 viewsStokieBlue

The Lambert outers on 09:01 - Dec 10 by Marshalls_Mullet

- Banning Phil Ham.

Yes we are 3rd, but in poor form, and it seems that the occassional win against a poor side lifts confidence.

I hope he turns it around, but the concerns of the Lambert outers is not without foundation.

The view of the L1/L2 podcasts is that he is awful and should be long gone. They think it's madness we haven't tried to get the Cowley's.

They think we are awful to watch, dull and will drop down the table like last year.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

The Lambert outers on 09:10 - Dec 10 with 1398 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

The Lambert outers on 09:05 - Dec 10 by StokieBlue

The view of the L1/L2 podcasts is that he is awful and should be long gone. They think it's madness we haven't tried to get the Cowley's.

They think we are awful to watch, dull and will drop down the table like last year.

SB

Also the KOA and Blue Monday lot seem to be of a similar opinion.

I would argue that they know their stuff.

The Lambert outers on 09:12 - Dec 10 with 1390 viewsN2_Blue

The Lambert outers on 09:01 - Dec 10 by Marshalls_Mullet

- Banning Phil Ham.

I've never been a fan of Lambert but was prepared to stick with him this season. I was actually not vocally in the ' Lambert out' camp this season until the two defeats to Hull and Charlton which even considering all the injuries were woeful in terms of us creating absolutely zero.

However what really pushed it for me was everything off the pitch, his comments, beginning to gaslight, the Phil thing, couple this all with the comments at start of season with rumours of discontent and photogate I personally just think he has gone past the point of return and a change is needed.

I can understand why some of our fans may still have faith in him to get promotion (not me personally) but what I can't understand is how anyone can now back him after all the off-pitch stuff which has been unacceptable in my opinion and lost any sympathy or time I may have had for him due to injuries and constraints of working for ME. It's far more than just about performance on the pitch now.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

The Lambert outers on 09:13 - Dec 10 with 1387 viewshomer_123

Do I come across as a right wing rabid southerner?

I'll not hold it against you Hypey that you think I'm US based but....I'm here in blighty fella! ;)

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

The Lambert outers on 09:14 - Dec 10 with 1384 viewshype313

The Lambert outers on 09:12 - Dec 10 by N2_Blue

I've never been a fan of Lambert but was prepared to stick with him this season. I was actually not vocally in the ' Lambert out' camp this season until the two defeats to Hull and Charlton which even considering all the injuries were woeful in terms of us creating absolutely zero.

However what really pushed it for me was everything off the pitch, his comments, beginning to gaslight, the Phil thing, couple this all with the comments at start of season with rumours of discontent and photogate I personally just think he has gone past the point of return and a change is needed.

I can understand why some of our fans may still have faith in him to get promotion (not me personally) but what I can't understand is how anyone can now back him after all the off-pitch stuff which has been unacceptable in my opinion and lost any sympathy or time I may have had for him due to injuries and constraints of working for ME. It's far more than just about performance on the pitch now.

I just don't see where that faith stems from for fans, Marshall pretty much summed up his time and performance here in a nutshell and its Damming.
[Post edited 10 Dec 2020 9:14]

The Lambert outers on 09:19 - Dec 10 with 1357 viewsthebooks

Well, I think the crowd had well and truly turned last season (NS lower season ticket holder, BTW) and the suspension of the league saved him. It would have been absolute carnage this season too.

It’s alright saying we’re third, but that’s in the context of a dire 100 games at Town and the same problems returning again and again. It’s absolutely right we have no patience with him – he used up all his credit in the relegation season.

However, there may well be that hardcore of Town fans who will never call for the manager’s head, not the Ipswich way, the Cobbolds apologising to SBR etc. etc.

As someone else says in this post, he would have been long gone at any other club. That doesn’t mean we’re somehow wiser, more patient – just that we’ve drifted.

I do think the club has tried to isolate this board as a lunatic fringe. If results continue to drop away that’ll last about 5 minutes and damage Evans and O’Neill’s relationship with us even further.
The Lambert outers on 09:23 - Dec 10 with 1350 viewshype313

The Lambert outers on 09:13 - Dec 10 by homer_123

I'll not hold it against you Hypey that you think I'm US based but....I'm here in blighty fella! ;)

Ahh apologies! For some reason I thought you were stateside!

The Lambert outers on 09:27 - Dec 10 with 1322 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

The Lambert outers on 09:13 - Dec 10 by homer_123

Get back in your box you redneck!!

The Lambert outers on 09:28 - Dec 10 with 1321 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

The Lambert outers on 09:23 - Dec 10 by hype313

Ahh apologies! For some reason I thought you were stateside!

Did you think he was...

The Lambert outers on 09:28 - Dec 10 with 1317 viewsmonty_radio

I think that watching the endless accumulating of possession stats in our own half maybe looks less unattractive on i-Follow or in print, then it would do if you were sitting in your own seat and others around were beginning to urge the team to do something positive. This, coupled with the fact that most do not follow the daily ebb and flow of who said what to whom means that, for many, the table is still telling the current reality.

As many have observed, we're a forgiving lot, comparatively speaking, and many see this as just giving the manager a second chance rather than perhaps thinking that the pattern is fixed, and he'll not achieve anything.
[Post edited 10 Dec 2020 18:08]

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

The Lambert outers on 09:30 - Dec 10 with 1309 viewstrncbluearmy

Agree the majority of outers seem to be on here, in the real world my little group of 10 season ticket holders have sympathy for Lambert, he`s not perfect but the injury situation has forced him to play a near reserve team, the real problem is Evans and that is who Blue Action should be aiming at.
[Post edited 10 Dec 2020 9:33]
The Lambert outers on 09:39 - Dec 10 with 1282 viewsitfcjoe

The Lambert outers on 09:12 - Dec 10 by N2_Blue

How many of the fans follow all the off pitch stuff though?

Had we been in the ground for the back end of last season he'd have gone

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

The Lambert outers on 09:42 - Dec 10 with 1265 viewsTieDyedIn95

The Lambert outers on 09:30 - Dec 10 by trncbluearmy

Agree the majority of outers seem to be on here, in the real world my little group of 10 season ticket holders have sympathy for Lambert, he`s not perfect but the injury situation has forced him to play a near reserve team, the real problem is Evans and that is who Blue Action should be aiming at.

It was Evans who appointed him.

I am still of the view that anyone who takes over will struggle with our current set up, many of the players and the fitness/injury problems were here long before he even arrived here as manager. The club has huge issues that need to be resolved before a managerial change can have any sort of impact.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

The Lambert outers on 09:51 - Dec 10 with 1237 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

The Lambert outers on 09:42 - Dec 10 by TieDyedIn95

It was Evans who appointed him.

I am still of the view that anyone who takes over will struggle with our current set up, many of the players and the fitness/injury problems were here long before he even arrived here as manager. The club has huge issues that need to be resolved before a managerial change can have any sort of impact.

He complains about injuries...

....but he also complains about having a HUGE squad.

Most clubs in our league have injury problems, most dont have a HUGE squad.

We have a primarily first choice keeper and defence available. And Donacien is a perfectly good RB if he wanted Chambo back in CB.

Ahead of that we also have the likes of Dozzell, McGavin, Nolan, Lankester, Jackson (Championship interest rejected), Dobra (Premier League bid rejected), Ollie Hawkins (Lambert summer signing), Bennets (Lambert signing), and his own fave Alan Judge.

There is still a capable team there for a capable manager.

The Lambert outers on 10:09 - Dec 10 with 1190 viewsBlueBadger

The Lambert outers on 09:30 - Dec 10 by trncbluearmy

They were cool with the feeble relegation and mid-table in the third division last season?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

The Lambert outers on 10:19 - Dec 10 with 1169 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

`I live near to Portman road. didn't even put myself in the ballot. Lambert is a total fraud and should go immediately

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

The Lambert outers on 10:21 - Dec 10 with 1165 viewsjayessess

There's a substantial minority who never think we should sack the manager. There's probably a few who are feeling more sympathetic this week because we won and the league position looks decent, who were Lambert Out last week. There's probably a few who felt Lambert got a clean slate in the Summer and taken in isolation this season hasn't been sack worthy.

That's probably a decent proportion of our fan base all told.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024