Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Good to see Trump has his priorities straight 11:48 - Dec 10 with 1133 viewsHerbivore

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-55236260

Legally kill as many people as possible before getting the boot. What a guy.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Good to see Trump has his priorities straight on 11:52 - Dec 10 with 1107 viewswkj

He clearly thinks he can get Hunter Biden for tax irregularities - clearing the queue for him asap.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Good to see Trump has his priorities straight on 12:23 - Dec 10 with 1049 viewsIllinoisblue

Good to see Trump has his priorities straight on 11:52 - Dec 10 by wkj

He clearly thinks he can get Hunter Biden for tax irregularities - clearing the queue for him asap.

Wonder if Trump’s taxes are “still under audit”

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Good to see Trump has his priorities straight on 13:29 - Dec 10 with 1012 viewsBasuco

While I am generally not in favour of the death penalty, the case of Lisa Montgomery is particularly horrendous and does test this.

Lisa Montgomery strangled a pregnant woman in Missouri before cutting out and kidnapping the baby in 2004. She is scheduled for execution on 12 January.
Good to see Trump has his priorities straight on 14:26 - Dec 10 with 968 viewsHerbivore

Good to see Trump has his priorities straight on 13:29 - Dec 10 by Basuco

While I am generally not in favour of the death penalty, the case of Lisa Montgomery is particularly horrendous and does test this.

Lisa Montgomery strangled a pregnant woman in Missouri before cutting out and kidnapping the baby in 2004. She is scheduled for execution on 12 January.

Abhorrent of course, but then so is putting someone to death in retaliation. It's not how a civilised country should behave and it's telling that this is something Trump has chosen to expedite before leaving office.

Good to see Trump has his priorities straight on 14:49 - Dec 10 with 932 viewsfactual_blue

Good to see Trump has his priorities straight on 14:26 - Dec 10 by Herbivore

Abhorrent of course, but then so is putting someone to death in retaliation. It's not how a civilised country should behave and it's telling that this is something Trump has chosen to expedite before leaving office.

It will deter other deranged psychopaths from killing though.

Oh.....

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Good to see Trump has his priorities straight on 07:42 - Dec 12 with 798 viewsHerbivore

Good to see Trump has his priorities straight on 13:29 - Dec 10 by Basuco

Bit disingenuous that you left out the next line from the article regarding that case:

"Her lawyers have said she experienced brain damage from beatings as a child and suffers from serious mental illness."

As I said, the crime is abhorrent but state killing in revenge is also abhorrent, all the more so when you're putting to death someone who is very unwell.

Good to see Trump has his priorities straight on 08:22 - Dec 12 with 759 viewsHARRY10

if she had caused the same effect to a few thousand more from the comfort of a drone operative's chair she would no doubt received umpteen medals

and the knowledge that millions of US citizens would be tossing themselves silly over the fact that she was a 'vet'
Good to see Trump has his priorities straight on 09:06 - Dec 12 with 701 viewsunstableblue

Good to see Trump has his priorities straight on 07:42 - Dec 12 by Herbivore

Bit disingenuous that you left out the next line from the article regarding that case:

"Her lawyers have said she experienced brain damage from beatings as a child and suffers from serious mental illness."

As I said, the crime is abhorrent but state killing in revenge is also abhorrent, all the more so when you're putting to death someone who is very unwell.

I think her sister sums it up:

“My sister has been sentenced to die for her crime. If executed, she will become the first woman to be federally executed in the U.S. in 70 years. I will always love her, but what she did was the most awful thing a person can do. Lisa should spend the rest of her life in prison, no doubt, but she shouldn’t have to die. Because maybe if she hadn’t been failed by the people she needed most in society, she could have been part of it.”

The systemic, large scale, physical and sexual abuse she received as a child was unimaginable (I won’t convey it here, but it is sickening), which clearly made her insane. To then kill her as a form of justice, sums up the key flaw in capital punishment (that and risk of false identity).

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024