Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Phil Ham Email Reply 14:55 - Dec 10 with 14350 viewsleft_foot

I’m sure everyone has had the same response
Phil Ham Email Reply on 14:56 - Dec 10 with 5491 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I've received one.

...didn't want to mention it in case they had been a bit clever and would monitor this site to match e-mails to posters.
[Post edited 10 Dec 2020 14:56]

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Phil Ham Email Reply on 14:57 - Dec 10 with 5474 viewsleft_foot

Phil Ham Email Reply on 14:56 - Dec 10 by Marshalls_Mullet

I've received one.

...didn't want to mention it in case they had been a bit clever and would monitor this site to match e-mails to posters.
[Post edited 10 Dec 2020 14:56]

If they were that clever Evans wouldn’t need to apologise for his statements!
[Post edited 10 Dec 2020 14:58]
Phil Ham Email Reply on 14:58 - Dec 10 with 5450 viewsSwailsey

Never had one.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Phil Ham Email Reply on 14:59 - Dec 10 with 5435 viewsfooters

So basically nothing will change and Phil just gets fed quotes, so it's all fair enough.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Phil Ham Email Reply on 14:59 - Dec 10 with 5434 viewsSwailsey

Oh wait! Wow.

But does it really say much? Essentially that he's still banned?

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Phil Ham Email Reply on 15:00 - Dec 10 with 5455 viewsDanTheMan

I see they've changed their tune a bit from the "no fanzine has access" to something so ridiculously specific.

For those who did not email:

"The Club continues to have a good working relationship with Phil Ham and TWTD that goes back over many years.

Our media team speak to Phil regularly through the week on a range of matters and he will continue to be given access to press facilities at Portman Road and all the quotes from the manager and players, both pre-match and post-match, that enables him to carry on providing the excellent service he does.

We are sure Phil himself will acknowledge that TWTD has enjoyed unrivalled access down the years for the service it provides.

Indeed the EFL has informed us that we are possibly the only League club, including Premier League, that gives media access to an independent website that includes a supporter driven forum.

We stress there are no plans whatsoever for us to change that policy and we look forward to continuing to work as closely as always to the TWTD team for many years to come. "

It really does read like they've permanently banned him.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Phil Ham Email Reply on 15:02 - Dec 10 with 5395 viewsSpruceMoose

Phil Ham Email Reply on 15:00 - Dec 10 by DanTheMan

I see they've changed their tune a bit from the "no fanzine has access" to something so ridiculously specific.

"The Club continues to have a good working relationship with Phil Ham and TWTD that goes back over many years.

Our media team speak to Phil regularly through the week on a range of matters and he will continue to be given access to press facilities at Portman Road and all the quotes from the manager and players, both pre-match and post-match, that enables him to carry on providing the excellent service he does.

We are sure Phil himself will acknowledge that TWTD has enjoyed unrivalled access down the years for the service it provides.

Indeed the EFL has informed us that we are possibly the only League club, including Premier League, that gives media access to an independent website that includes a supporter driven forum.

We stress there are no plans whatsoever for us to change that policy and we look forward to continuing to work as closely as always to the TWTD team for many years to come. "

My iFollow boycott shall continue then.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Phil Ham Email Reply on 15:02 - Dec 10 with 5401 viewsDubtractor

Facking hell this is p1ss weak.

"Indeed the EFL has informed us that we are possibly the only League club, including Premier League, that gives media access to an independent website that includes a supporter driven forum."

Though I read the last statement as meaning that they mean "no change" to working closely with Phil/TWTD and maintaining access to everything, apart from manager pressers.
[Post edited 10 Dec 2020 15:04]

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Login to get fewer ads

Phil Ham Email Reply on 15:03 - Dec 10 with 5366 viewsfooters

Phil Ham Email Reply on 15:02 - Dec 10 by SpruceMoose

My iFollow boycott shall continue then.

Just replied with the same. This is so pointless, petty and personal. Man, I feel so bad for Phil.

Phil Ham Email Reply on 15:03 - Dec 10 with 5357 viewstractorboy1978

Phil Ham Email Reply on 15:02 - Dec 10 by Dubtractor

"Indeed the EFL has informed us that we are possibly the only League club, including Premier League, that gives media access to an independent website that includes a supporter driven forum."

Though I read the last statement as meaning that they mean "no change" to working closely with Phil/TWTD and maintaining access to everything, apart from manager pressers.

And also apparently factually incorrect.
Phil Ham Email Reply on 15:04 - Dec 10 with 5350 viewsDanTheMan

Yeah how fecking specific do you need to get? Because there's a discussion forum attached that somehow makes it amazingly different.

Pathetic response, and I replied saying as much.

Phil Ham Email Reply on 15:04 - Dec 10 with 5332 viewsSpruceMoose

That reads like some kind of Trump press release. You immediately know it isn't true, or rather, there may be a grain of truth in it but it is being stretched to the point of absurdity.
[Post edited 10 Dec 2020 15:05]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Phil Ham Email Reply on 15:05 - Dec 10 with 5315 viewsfooters

Phil Ham Email Reply on 15:04 - Dec 10 by DanTheMan

Yeah how fecking specific do you need to get? Because there's a discussion forum attached that somehow makes it amazingly different.

And as if they went to the EFL to ask. Embarrassing.

Phil Ham Email Reply on 15:05 - Dec 10 with 5302 viewsSwailsey

"The EFL has informed us that we are possibly the only League club, including Premier League, that gives media access to an independent website which is called TWTD and which often asks 'Who say "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas' look like Colin Healy?"'. Technically, TECHNICALLY, other clubs allow Fanzines in, but not ones which ask that question. So technically, TECHNICALLY, we're telling the truth".

Even so, you know the club will be monitoring the forum and this thread now and they are starting to genuinely scare me with how they are looking into an independent fan forum so I'll be quiet.

Phil Ham Email Reply on 15:06 - Dec 10 with 5277 viewsHerbivore

They've not even done me the courtesy of replying. But if that's all they are going to say then they can piss right off and they will continue to not see a penny from me for the foreseeable future. The closing ranks around a charlatan manager that's overseen the worst 2 years in our recent history is utterly risible.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Phil Ham Email Reply on 15:07 - Dec 10 with 5277 viewsLankHenners

Yep, pretty much reiterates LON's (incorrect) claims from before. I see it qualifies the bit about TWTD being the only independent website being allowed press access by adding that it "includes a supporter driven forum" which I really don't think is true either (or if it is it's stupidly specific to the point of not mattering), and they only say that they "possibly" know that anyway.

Seems like the club are in 'easing tensions' mode today having gone in two footed on the fanbase from a number of angles over the last few weeks. Pathetic response really from the club on this as it suggests he's still banned but can pick up quotes from other people, which is put across in a 'and he's lucky to be doing that' type way.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Phil Ham Email Reply on 15:08 - Dec 10 with 5270 viewsKropotkin123

My reply to it...

Dear club representative,

You have written a generic email that does not address my concerns personally. I specifically asked you not to write a generic reply, so to do so demonstrates a real lack of care. It is quite clear that you have not read my email.

I am no longer just concerned about the treatment of Phil Ham, but also the treatment of other media outlet representatives.

I wish to put it on record that, prior to Covid19 I would regularly attend away matches with my uncle and cousin. I will no longer do this, nor will I spend any money with the club henceforth.

Furthermore, you are not the only club that allows independent media into press conferences. I know Man It's and Liverpool do of the top of my head. This is also not some sort of achievement that you need me to recognise.

The fact that there is a forum has no bearing on how the news platform should be treated. You brandishing of this incorrect point only serves to highlight your contempt for the support base that has been demonstrated in equal measure by Paul Lambert and Marcus Evans in recent weeks.

Sincerely and in anticipation of a personal response,

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Phil Ham Email Reply on 15:08 - Dec 10 with 5245 viewsSpruceMoose

Phil Ham Email Reply on 15:05 - Dec 10 by Swailsey

"The EFL has informed us that we are possibly the only League club, including Premier League, that gives media access to an independent website which is called TWTD and which often asks 'Who say "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas' look like Colin Healy?"'. Technically, TECHNICALLY, other clubs allow Fanzines in, but not ones which ask that question. So technically, TECHNICALLY, we're telling the truth".

Even so, you know the club will be monitoring the forum and this thread now and they are starting to genuinely scare me with how they are looking into an independent fan forum so I'll be quiet.

If the club is reading this...

Fook you, you've become an insult to all of our memories of ITFC and have become a stain on our footballing history. If you want to offer me out by the bins you have my contact details!
[Post edited 10 Dec 2020 15:11]

Phil Ham Email Reply on 15:10 - Dec 10 with 5200 viewsSwailsey

I have replied, not because I want to cause an argument, but because it is making me very sad:

"Hi,

Thank you for this. From my reading, he is sill banned? In that case, unfortunately my iFollow boycott and abstaining from spending money on ITFC will have to continue.

My season ticket will remain (through gritted teeth), because I can't bear to part with that, or miss out on seeing my Dad.

I do appreciate the email being sent and the club acknowledging this, but I think there is a fundamental misunderstanding on how the forum helps people, how it is a community and an excellent support bubble for 100's of people to battle mental health issues, loss, illness and general life queries, not just football. It is a wonderful place where people come together, care for each other and have made lasting friendships. Phil is central to that, has been so kind to not just me, but many others.

Yes, it can also be horrible, but that is the internet. So is Twitter, so is Facebook. So is YouTube!

A lot of people feel hurt and let down.

I also appreciate this isn't your fault and I'm not trying to be malicious or antagonistic.

If you could pass this on, it would be appreciated.

Thank you"
[Post edited 10 Dec 2020 15:14]

Phil Ham Email Reply on 15:16 - Dec 10 with 5125 viewsfooters

And in reply to my email asking whether he was still banned:

"Dear footers,

I will pass this on to the relevant department as I do not deal directly with these matters but the enquiry emails and replies."

Phil Ham Email Reply on 15:16 - Dec 10 with 5112 viewsKieran_Knows

The fact they've made the effort to speak to the EFL and ask if any other club lets 'fanzines' in at press conferences is one of the most embarrassing and tinpot things I have ever come across.

They're all fecking massive whoppers at this club. F*ck the lot of them.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Phil Ham Email Reply on 15:18 - Dec 10 with 5038 viewsDanTheMan

Phil Ham Email Reply on 15:16 - Dec 10 by footers

And in reply to my email asking whether he was still banned:

"Dear footers,

I will pass this on to the relevant department as I do not deal directly with these matters but the enquiry emails and replies."

Oh and there was me thinking my response was personalised.

They actually had the auto response ready.

Phil Ham Email Reply on 15:19 - Dec 10 with 5016 viewsSpruceMoose

Phil Ham Email Reply on 15:18 - Dec 10 by DanTheMan

Oh and there was me thinking my response was personalised.

They actually had the auto response ready.

#CommunityClub

Phil Ham Email Reply on 15:26 - Dec 10 with 4963 viewsPhilTWTD

Phil Ham Email Reply on 15:04 - Dec 10 by DanTheMan

Interesting to read this thread as no one at the club has contacted me about this this week and agree with you that the way they're speaking about it does make my exclusion sound more permanent than was previously suggested.

Further to the point re forums, the Norwich papers run the Pink 'Un forum, which when I've read it seems rather less moderated than TWTD, and I'm sure there are other larger media companies running similar.

Also again ignores that I'm a journalist with a press card and an NUJ member who also works as a freelancer for other media.
Phil Ham Email Reply on 15:27 - Dec 10 with 4903 viewsLankHenners

Fck it, reply sent. Got a bit carried away so probably too long to go anywhere other than the bin but if someone from the club is reading this thread I mean every word of it. Shove it.

'Dear Club Official,

I'm afraid I can't let this generic response slide by and let the club assume it has done the trick of making supporters forget about the issue. I appreciate that you must have received a large number of emails on this matter and as such can understand sending out the same email template.

However, the tone of the response carries the same sense of patronisation as the words publicly given by Lee O'Neill on the matter, suggesting that Phil should be lucky to have received the access that he has done over the years. Multiple independent and/or freelance journalists from various small websites and fanzines (though that rather undersells the work that they do) have been allowed to attend press conferences in full capacity in their job as a journalist for many years, and the incredibly specific qualifier in your response (which I don't believe to be true anyway) does nothing to change the fact that the club, a club which historically prides itself on community and keeping local connections, has banned a local journalist for something a random user of his forum did, and subsequently apologised for.

It appears that the club has decided to rally round an unpopular manager by backing his bizarre decision on this matter rather than get a hold of him and make it clear what should be clear to anyone and everyone that it is a disgraceful order to give out. I'm sure the club has seen the support given to Phil on social media, not just by fans of the club, but by figures in the sports media world, including those with no local connections, but understand the need to stand up for a fellow journalist wronged by the club he's given his support (and sponsorship) to for many many years.

It is sad to write that this attitude is in keeping with the club in its current form, which unfortunately is not one that I, nor many other loyal supporters, can recognise from years gone by.

I can only end this email by stressing that this reaction from many fans is not simply people having a moan on social media, which the club evidently falsely believes to be the case, and I urge the club to reconsider, even if it means overruling the club manager. The club is bigger than him and will be around for long after he's gone, and as such the interests of the club should be with the club itself, not one employee. I hope this message, of which I am far from alone in believing in, will be taken more seriously this time.

Thank you again.'

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024