Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
There's a leaker on the team 18:08 - Dec 10 with 2539 viewsScottCandage

And if that player is reading this, just know that your actions, and your failure to admit to your actions, are keeping Phil Ham from press conferences. This all started because you didn't keep the information to yourself, as you should have. And it's getting worse because you won't come forward. Please come forward, accept your punishment, and let the club heal a little.
There's a leaker on the team on 18:13 - Dec 10 with 2465 viewsjeera

Could be anyone who has daily dealings at the club.

Leaking a League One team sheet is really no big deal.

No manager in his right mind would have blamed anyone for something so trivial and could have easily just put word round he didn't want it happening again.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

There's a leaker on the team on 18:15 - Dec 10 with 2459 viewsitfcjoe

If it wasn’t that it would have been something else

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

There's a leaker on the team on 18:15 - Dec 10 with 2455 viewsmonty_radio

For the club to be expecting to flush out the guilty player or staff-member in order to save some local journo would be a ridiculous gambit, not to mention a highly improbable move.
No, the club is obviously under instruction to offer flowery freedom of info declarations while being held back from just issuing permission to return.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

There's a leaker on the team on 18:17 - Dec 10 with 2435 viewsJ2BLUE

Get back in the real world mate.

I doubt there's just one leaking it either. They probably get asked by people and lots of them probably give the info out not expecting it to make a forum.

Lambert is just being a massive tw@t.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

There's a leaker on the team on 18:23 - Dec 10 with 2367 viewsjeera

There's a leaker on the team on 18:17 - Dec 10 by J2BLUE

Get back in the real world mate.

I doubt there's just one leaking it either. They probably get asked by people and lots of them probably give the info out not expecting it to make a forum.

Lambert is just being a massive tw@t.

Exactly, lots of staff will know the team sheet and most would think nothing of saying to someone in conversation this/that this is happening at work.

There's no clandestine type of exchange going on down some dark alleyway.

There's a leaker on the team on 18:48 - Dec 10 with 2210 viewsITFC_96

Knowing the team sheet has much less impact than people think it does. Unless your team has Messi or Ronaldo, it will make little difference knowing the team the day before a match because the opposition manager should already have tactics, formations, and the starting 11 in mind.
There's a leaker on the team on 19:07 - Dec 10 with 2106 viewschrismakin

look not being funny

we have a leak

our fitness guy goes back to scotland

coincidence?

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

There's a leaker on the team on 19:10 - Dec 10 with 2076 viewsfooters

There's a leaker on the team on 19:07 - Dec 10 by chrismakin

look not being funny

we have a leak

coincidence?

No. The leaking issue first happened weeks if not months before that.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Login to get fewer ads

There's a leaker on the team on 19:11 - Dec 10 with 2066 viewsjeera

There's a leaker on the team on 19:07 - Dec 10 by chrismakin

look not being funny

we have a leak

coincidence?

No, we do not have a leak.

It's people at work talking to other people, it's not sinister.

I have been walking my dogs and bumped into a neighbour who had a kid at the academy. He knew all sorts of stuff that surprised me at the time. But that wasn't a leak, to people nearer to the club it was just everyday common knowledge.

Town is not the CIA.

There's a leaker on the team on 19:59 - Dec 10 with 1906 viewsWD19

Wibble.

The bigger issue in all this is that the manager is a bit rubbish at being a manager. We should not lose sight of that.
There's a leaker on the team on 20:08 - Dec 10 with 1853 viewsScottCandage

There's a leaker on the team on 19:59 - Dec 10 by WD19

Wibble.

The bigger issue in all this is that the manager is a bit rubbish at being a manager. We should not lose sight of that.

Haven't. Just trying to address one discrete problem.
There's a leaker on the team on 21:15 - Dec 10 with 1689 viewsKieran_Knows

So you don’t think this sort of thing happens up and down the country at all other clubs? Players talk, staff talk, you’ll never stop it. I don’t really get what the issue is, as others have said, it’s Lambert just being a massive whopper.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

There's a leaker on the team on 21:25 - Dec 10 with 1637 viewsGeorge25

There's a leaker on the team on 18:23 - Dec 10 by jeera

Exactly, lots of staff will know the team sheet and most would think nothing of saying to someone in conversation this/that this is happening at work.

There's no clandestine type of exchange going on down some dark alleyway.

Yes anyone at the training ground would know the team. Almost the day or two days before the game the training is usually based on who’s playing. So anyone who has access to the training would see who’s playing.
There's a leaker on the team on 21:39 - Dec 10 with 1603 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Correct me if I am wrong, but Phil knows who posted it. Who posted it knows where they got it. The person who posted it has apologised to Phil and, via Phil, to the club.

As a journalist, Phil is not prepared to out the source. To be honest, aside from knowing who the poster is, Phil likely doesn't know where it came from. However, it would be wrong for Phil to encourage the poster to "out" their source.

The poster may have any number of reasons for not wishing to tell the club where the information came from. I agree they should never have posted the team. I would imagine they feel that they should not have done too.

However, the biggest issue is with whoever within the club has "leaked" the team and what their motivation was in the first place. There are other issues with this. For example did a bookmaker take bets on Gibbs making his debut which would potentially mean someone using the information to defraud the bookie? At what point is this illegal and at what point is it someone taking a punt on trusting what they have heard? Do bookies even take bets on such things?

Ultimately, the club has a potential problem with someone saying too much to the wrong people. Is it reasonable for the club to expect the poster on here to let them know who it is? Probably not. Should Lambert have a reasonably clear idea who is leaking it? I guess it depends a lot on the motivations.

It is a sad situation that it has resulted in Phil being banned. As others have alluded to, that may as much be due to Lambert not wanting to be asked questions as the leak itself. I doubt the leaked team had any real impact on the game, although clearly managers feel such things do.

I don't think a player who had motivation for leaking the team is going to lose sleep over Phil missing the press conferences. Any player deliberately doing the leaking has a bigger axe to grind.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

There's a leaker on the team on 21:55 - Dec 10 with 1560 viewsitfcjoe

There's a leaker on the team on 21:39 - Dec 10 by Nthsuffolkblue

Correct me if I am wrong, but Phil knows who posted it. Who posted it knows where they got it. The person who posted it has apologised to Phil and, via Phil, to the club.

As a journalist, Phil is not prepared to out the source. To be honest, aside from knowing who the poster is, Phil likely doesn't know where it came from. However, it would be wrong for Phil to encourage the poster to "out" their source.

The poster may have any number of reasons for not wishing to tell the club where the information came from. I agree they should never have posted the team. I would imagine they feel that they should not have done too.

However, the biggest issue is with whoever within the club has "leaked" the team and what their motivation was in the first place. There are other issues with this. For example did a bookmaker take bets on Gibbs making his debut which would potentially mean someone using the information to defraud the bookie? At what point is this illegal and at what point is it someone taking a punt on trusting what they have heard? Do bookies even take bets on such things?

Ultimately, the club has a potential problem with someone saying too much to the wrong people. Is it reasonable for the club to expect the poster on here to let them know who it is? Probably not. Should Lambert have a reasonably clear idea who is leaking it? I guess it depends a lot on the motivations.

It is a sad situation that it has resulted in Phil being banned. As others have alluded to, that may as much be due to Lambert not wanting to be asked questions as the leak itself. I doubt the leaked team had any real impact on the game, although clearly managers feel such things do.

I don't think a player who had motivation for leaking the team is going to lose sleep over Phil missing the press conferences. Any player deliberately doing the leaking has a bigger axe to grind.

I think people are looking too deep into the leak.

So many people know the team each week, I’m sure Phil knows it most weeks from a variety of sources - it isn’t leaked for any other reason that Ipswich is a small town and people talk.

The only difference now is that Lambert has used it as an excuse to ban Phil, because he’s paranoid and is lashing out at people

There's a leaker on the team on 22:06 - Dec 10 with 1540 viewsNthsuffolkblue

There's a leaker on the team on 21:55 - Dec 10 by itfcjoe

I think people are looking too deep into the leak.

So many people know the team each week, I’m sure Phil knows it most weeks from a variety of sources - it isn’t leaked for any other reason that Ipswich is a small town and people talk.

The only difference now is that Lambert has used it as an excuse to ban Phil, because he’s paranoid and is lashing out at people

Maybe, but there is also a point that those who do know the team should recognise a responsibility not to publicise that too widely or in the wrong places.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

There's a leaker on the team on 22:08 - Dec 10 with 1533 viewsitfcjoe

There's a leaker on the team on 22:06 - Dec 10 by Nthsuffolkblue

Maybe, but there is also a point that those who do know the team should recognise a responsibility not to publicise that too widely or in the wrong places.

Surely the key point is that no manager is going to base anything on the word of some no marks on a message board?

There's a leaker on the team on 22:15 - Dec 10 with 1499 viewsTieDyedIn95

There's a leaker on the team on 19:11 - Dec 10 by jeera

No, we do not have a leak.

It's people at work talking to other people, it's not sinister.

I have been walking my dogs and bumped into a neighbour who had a kid at the academy. He knew all sorts of stuff that surprised me at the time. But that wasn't a leak, to people nearer to the club it was just everyday common knowledge.

Town is not the CIA.

That's the thing about Ipswich, it's been like it for years, you run into all sorts involved with the club because it's not exactly London. I have had chats with players who have said all sorts about all people over the years, it's a town, people talk, it gets about and they know that. This was a 100% deliberate act to stick their fingers up at the fans, they loathe us and just want our money and for us to shut up about how bad they all are.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

There's a leaker on the team on 22:17 - Dec 10 with 1495 viewsVic

What I can’t work out is how anyone would know a team sheet posted on here is actually the right one. We all know how ‘def info’ works! How is Phil or another Team going to know which posts to delete or believe?

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

There's a leaker on the team on 22:24 - Dec 10 with 1463 viewsjeera

There's a leaker on the team on 22:17 - Dec 10 by Vic

What I can’t work out is how anyone would know a team sheet posted on here is actually the right one. We all know how ‘def info’ works! How is Phil or another Team going to know which posts to delete or believe?

Most wouldn't, nor care really.

It's not going to affect much either way.

It's deflection nonsense and little else.

This is a misguided fear that PR, (as in public relations), has been going the wrong way because of the platform the fans have. Why they would think that banning someone who is generally objective would make relations better... who knows?

It is seemingly backfiring to at least some degree.

There's a leaker on the team on 22:54 - Dec 10 with 1404 viewsBluearmy71

There's a leaker on the team on 22:08 - Dec 10 by itfcjoe

Surely the key point is that no manager is going to base anything on the word of some no marks on a message board?

Its obvious that Phil is the scapegoat here and its just to keep the others in check, lets not forget that its the old last in first out policy at play, plus Phil is a much easier target than The East Anglia Times for example and has been selected for that reason imo.

Again why doesn't Lambert take on Twitter or facebook or any other huge platform where the line ups have been and will probably continue to be posted, its obvious a bigger platform would tell him to f*ck off unfortunately Phil doesn't have the luxury of doing that..........yet!! ;)
There's a leaker on the team on 23:00 - Dec 10 with 1374 viewsFreddies_Ears

There's a leaker on the team on 18:13 - Dec 10 by jeera

Could be anyone who has daily dealings at the club.

Leaking a League One team sheet is really no big deal.

No manager in his right mind would have blamed anyone for something so trivial and could have easily just put word round he didn't want it happening again.

There are multiple leaks. I know of 3 people who have leaked the team in recent weeks, none of whom are linked to each other. Only one hit twtd (and that was a double-low thing to do as it hurt Phil). It's a pretty rubbish thing to do, but it's also a sign of a lack of respect and control within the club.
There's a leaker on the team on 23:02 - Dec 10 with 1365 viewsSeablu

There's a leaker on the team on 18:48 - Dec 10 by ITFC_96

Knowing the team sheet has much less impact than people think it does. Unless your team has Messi or Ronaldo, it will make little difference knowing the team the day before a match because the opposition manager should already have tactics, formations, and the starting 11 in mind.

You’re right of course.
Jackett doesn’t need to know our starting 11 to fancy outwitting our manager.
Lambert could have both Messi & Ronaldo available & he’d get it hideously wrong, blame the moon landings, global warming & artificial sweeteners.
There's a leaker on the team on 23:04 - Dec 10 with 1353 viewsjeera

There's a leaker on the team on 23:00 - Dec 10 by Freddies_Ears

There are multiple leaks. I know of 3 people who have leaked the team in recent weeks, none of whom are linked to each other. Only one hit twtd (and that was a double-low thing to do as it hurt Phil). It's a pretty rubbish thing to do, but it's also a sign of a lack of respect and control within the club.

How does that disagree with anything I said?

There's a leaker on the team on 23:09 - Dec 10 with 1335 viewsBondiBlue

And give in to the bully? Not the way forwards for me. Stop doing it maybe, but don’t let him off that easily. The longer this goes on, the more embarrassing for lambert. He’ll be forced to back down at some point.

Poll: Which would you accept?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024