Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Does Lambert have the ability to win you over? 11:17 - Dec 11 with 3401 viewsMalcolmBlue

For me I think maybe he does, we haven't looked great this year but are somehow still up there (which says more about the league than anything) but to his credit, he has made some decent signings when given the chance and we've had really bad luck with injuries (granted we've had bad luck with injuries for many consecutive seasons now). If I felt like he had the full backing of the players I think I'd probably be a bit more convinced.

I'm interested to hear other thoughts on this. Do you think he would be able to win you back around (if so what would it take?) and do you think he's capable of winning you back?

Poll: Is Theresa May the "Paul Hurst" of politics?

Does Lambert have the ability to win you over? on 11:18 - Dec 11 with 2731 viewsSwailsey

From a football point of view? Yes. If he performs a full ONE HUNDRED AND EIGHTY.
From a manager/human/kindness point of view? Absolutely not.
[Post edited 11 Dec 2020 11:20]

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Does Lambert have the ability to win you over? on 11:20 - Dec 11 with 2716 viewsfooters

Does Lambert have the ability to win you over? on 11:18 - Dec 11 by Swailsey

From a football point of view? Yes. If he performs a full ONE HUNDRED AND EIGHTY.

Ahem, a 180.

But agree completely on the second point. The bloke's a petulant bully. All this is of his own making.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Does Lambert have the ability to win you over? on 11:20 - Dec 11 with 2708 viewswkj

Yes

1 - Full apology to Phil and reinstating his press presence
2 - Get to Premier League
3 - Win the above
4 - Win champion's league

Simple... I only need a 4 point plan for Lambert, Evans needs 5

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Does Lambert have the ability to win you over? on 11:20 - Dec 11 with 2705 viewsSwailsey

Does Lambert have the ability to win you over? on 11:20 - Dec 11 by footers

Ahem, a 180.

But agree completely on the second point. The bloke's a petulant bully. All this is of his own making.

Edited.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Does Lambert have the ability to win you over? on 11:21 - Dec 11 with 2697 viewsfooters

Does Lambert have the ability to win you over? on 11:20 - Dec 11 by Swailsey

Edited.

Nice. Now it's like a night down Ally Pally watching the darts.

Does Lambert have the ability to win you over? on 11:21 - Dec 11 with 2699 viewstractorboy1978

I see getting promoted as a par performance.

And personally I don't think his actions are befitting of the manager of our football club.
Does Lambert have the ability to win you over? on 11:23 - Dec 11 with 2667 viewshype313

Does Lambert have the ability to win you over? on 11:21 - Dec 11 by tractorboy1978

And personally I don't think his actions are befitting of the manager of our football club.

Totally agree

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Does Lambert have the ability to win you over? on 11:27 - Dec 11 with 2625 viewsHerbivore

In theory he could, but it would take him suddenly becoming much more competent as a coach and manager and much less of a dick in how he conducts himself for it to happen. I can't really see it being achievable.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

Does Lambert have the ability to win you over? on 11:28 - Dec 11 with 2625 viewsMetal_Hacker

My Mrs has more hope of winning me over after admitting shagging the milkman

**edit - we haven't got a milkman but you get my sentiment**

Although the window cleaner is quite a looker she tells me
[Post edited 11 Dec 2020 11:30]

Poll: If it were one or the other

Does Lambert have the ability to win you over? on 11:36 - Dec 11 with 2586 viewsSeablu

Does Lambert have the ability to win you over? on 11:28 - Dec 11 by Metal_Hacker

Indeed, and your windows are a nightmare.
You could give them a wipe over from the inside once in a while..
Does Lambert have the ability to win you over? on 11:37 - Dec 11 with 2578 viewsfooters

Does Lambert have the ability to win you over? on 11:28 - Dec 11 by Metal_Hacker

Your usual two pints this week?

Does Lambert have the ability to win you over? on 11:42 - Dec 11 with 2563 viewsSeablu

Does Lambert have the ability to win you over? on 11:37 - Dec 11 by footers

Better make it 3, I knocked one over with my ladder last week.
Does Lambert have the ability to win you over? on 11:42 - Dec 11 with 2561 viewsMetal_Hacker

Does Lambert have the ability to win you over? on 11:37 - Dec 11 by footers

Of milk ?

Poll: If it were one or the other

Does Lambert have the ability to win you over? on 11:44 - Dec 11 with 2553 viewsGodBlue

Does Lambert have the ability to win you over? on 11:18 - Dec 11 by Swailsey

Sadly... this.

If he turns us into a side who can perform consistently enough to have some prolonged success, then I’ll be the first to acknowledge that he must have some tactical nouse about him.

However, as I’ve said before, this is about more than football. For me, it’s about Paul Lambert’s conduct and Ipswich Town’s integrity. Unfortunately, Lambert’s recent behaviour, and the club’s condoning of it, has made me seriously question both; and I honestly don’t think I can forgive him for that.

I hasten to add that, after two years, I’ve seen little evidence to suggest that the first point is likely to happen... so the second point is probably moot.

Poll: After 778 days, what’s improved since Paul Lambert arrived?

Does Lambert have the ability to win you over? on 11:51 - Dec 11 with 2527 viewsjayessess

I don't think there's much he could do to convince me that he's ultimately good for the future of this football club, no.

Would sneaking into the top 6 convince me he's a good coach? Not really.
Making the top 2 might convince me he's better than I thought, but I think I'd still have caveats about his personal behaviour and worries based on the previous 2 years.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Does Lambert have the ability to win you over? on 11:59 - Dec 11 with 2500 viewsBlue12345

Yes. I think with him that if the team are doing well his arrogance will be seen as confidence and optimism as opposed to outright arrogance that it has lately
Does Lambert have the ability to win you over? on 12:28 - Dec 11 with 2454 viewsSE1blue

No. But I lump Lambert in with Evans and how the club has become a joke over the last 13 years. They’re just the wrong people at the wheel.

We’ve gone from having 15 managers in 70 years to 10 different managers (including temp covers) in 13 years.
We no longer lose managers because other clubs, or England, want them. We get the ones nobody really wants.
We’ve gone from Championship promotion contenders to a misfiring League One team who can’t beat top six teams.
Our squad has so many injuries because we’ve bought badly under Evans and managed these injuries badly. How many signings have come with ‘when they’re fit...’ tag?
The 3rd round of the FA Cup was the moment we started our cup run, now it looks lightyears away.
The quality of football on the pitch has been awful - the fact we’re third is just testament to quality of this league.

I can’t buy into that anymore. Not Lambert, not Evans.

It needs wholesale changes for me to be won over.
[Post edited 11 Dec 2020 12:36]

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

Does Lambert have the ability to win you over? on 13:25 - Dec 11 with 2385 viewsitfcjoe

Promotion this season.

As much as I don't like him, I felt that way towards Mick in the end (not to such strength) but ultimately if he is succeeding on the pitch then he'll be fine.

Does he have the ability to? I don't think so - can see another home defeat tomorrow as we face a Pompey side that are just more organised and better

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Does Lambert have the ability to win you over? on 13:36 - Dec 11 with 2356 viewsChrisd

Not for me. He’s had long enough to stamp his mark on this side and we’re no further forward from when he first arrived IMO. Forget the fact we’re 3rd, look at the performances on the pitch we’ve been toothless of late and generally lacking an attacking threat. Being ranked 21st in L1 in the final third is a stat that tells a disappointing story. Our league is so tight that a couple of defeats and we’ll be out of the top 6, we just don’t look good enough to sustain a promotion challenge. At some points last Saturday, we were 8th until the sending off changed the game.When have we come away from a game under PL’s management and said,’We’ve played really well there,’ that type of performance is the abnormality, not the norm. Unfortunately, it seems we’ve all got to ride this project out until ME finally says enough is enough, hopefully that will be sooner rather than later.
[Post edited 11 Dec 2020 13:39]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Does Lambert have the ability to win you over? on 14:47 - Dec 11 with 2282 viewsBlueBadger

Until he demonstrates the ability to start winning games by anything other than luck, no.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Does Lambert have the ability to win you over? on 14:56 - Dec 11 with 2263 viewsTieDyedIn95

Does Lambert have the ability to win you over? on 11:21 - Dec 11 by tractorboy1978

He will do well to get the club up but there's no way we have the resources to stay in the league above now anyway. So while that may appease a few, when we drop like a stone again Evans and co. will have an even harder job trying to sell the superfans the nonsense vision he has for the club.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Does Lambert have the ability to win you over? on 15:02 - Dec 11 with 2255 viewsitfcjoe

Does Lambert have the ability to win you over? on 14:56 - Dec 11 by TieDyedIn95

He will do well to get the club up but there's no way we have the resources to stay in the league above now anyway. So while that may appease a few, when we drop like a stone again Evans and co. will have an even harder job trying to sell the superfans the nonsense vision he has for the club.

Much lesser resourced clubs than us have stayed up due to good management

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Does Lambert have the ability to win you over? on 15:20 - Dec 11 with 2224 viewsMonkeyAlan

No.
Does Lambert have the ability to win you over? on 15:31 - Dec 11 with 2209 viewsSouperJim

Define "win you over"? Promotion is the minimum I expect this season.

So long as we're in the top 2, or very close on their tails, I can just about tolerate him in spite of his antics. As it stands we're clinging onto that by our fingernails and all the signs are that we're far more likely to fall away than suddenly improve.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Does Lambert have the ability to win you over? on 15:44 - Dec 11 with 2169 viewsmo_itfc

I'm going with "No".

From a footballing perspective, maybe if he can change his game plan to stop out attackers being isolated. That would give us a better chance at scoring and hopefully winning games.

From a PR perspective, the damage is done... I don't think I can forgive or forget how he's turned this club to one I no longer want to follow.

Poll: Now that The Athletic has an article, is this takeover actually happening?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024