Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chambers arguing with fan? 18:07 - Dec 12 with 8953 viewsMrTown

T or F?

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Chambers arguing with fan? on 19:18 - Dec 12 with 2463 viewspennyfathersleg

Chambers arguing with fan? on 18:28 - Dec 12 by MonkeyAlan

That was a fair question l would think. As the team seem to get worse week in week out. They don't seem to do bugga all to change anything in training during the week. It's the same sh!te dished up every match day.

It was a fair question! Chambers wasn’t great today, but neither were most of them.

The chap did throw in a few expletives toward chambers whilst asking the question. I just didn’t add them in!
Chambers arguing with fan? on 19:28 - Dec 12 with 2396 viewsThe_Last_Baron

People who know him say he is a great man so I'll take their word for it.

However I've never rated him as a footballer and with the team playing so poorly in the third division, now is not the time to have a vocal spat with a fan during a game.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Chambers arguing with fan? on 19:29 - Dec 12 with 2393 viewsMrTown

Chambers arguing with fan? on 18:35 - Dec 12 by jeera

Doubtful too many would want to give him grief to his face.

I can't speak for you of course.

To be fair you’re probably right. Softies Town fan base.

But, don’t think if true what was said, is serious ‘grief’.

A little bit of a silly response from Chambers, especially when you are being pulled apart at home to a decent side AGAIN.

Chambers arguing with fan? on 19:32 - Dec 12 with 2356 viewsMrTown

Chambers arguing with fan? on 18:48 - Dec 12 by J2BLUE

I love Chambers and by the sounds of it, he and Skuse held the club together during the Hurst reign but I think it's time we let him move on when this season ends. Good servant, top man and will be remembered fondly as a good captain but it feels like his time is coming to a natural end here.

I’m not sure he held the club together, we got relegated that season, and he ran to Evans when Hurst said a few nasty words. Want an easy ride here the players that’s the problem.

Should have moved on from him after relegation season. Decent servant, not the best player, does a lot of shouting and arm waving on the pitch, not sure he’s ever backed it up consistently as a player himself on the pitch though.

By all accounts a good bloke though.

Chambers arguing with fan? on 20:13 - Dec 12 with 2221 viewsclive_baker

I love Chambers and by the sounds of it, he and Skuse held the club together during the Hurst reign but I think it's time we let him move on when this season ends. Good servant, top man and will be remembered fondly as a good captain but it feels like his time is coming to a natural end here.

I’ve got nothing against him as a footballer, a right or centre back, certainly at this level, but I wouldn’t want a captain with the level of influence he has if I were Lambert. I think we need a reset across the management team but also some of the longer term senior pros who seem too accepting of failure. It seems so deep rooted, I think the culture needs a shake up. Move them on and build again around the talented young players we have.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Chambers arguing with fan? on 20:19 - Dec 12 with 2179 viewsJ2BLUE

Chambers arguing with fan? on 20:13 - Dec 12 by clive_baker

I’ve got nothing against him as a footballer, a right or centre back, certainly at this level, but I wouldn’t want a captain with the level of influence he has if I were Lambert. I think we need a reset across the management team but also some of the longer term senior pros who seem too accepting of failure. It seems so deep rooted, I think the culture needs a shake up. Move them on and build again around the talented young players we have.

Exactly. It might be harsh on Chambers but he's been part of this team for a long time and we have a yellow streak. I'd like to replace 1-2 of the nicer ones with a couple of right bastards happy to take man and ball. I'd love Garner back.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Chambers arguing with fan? on 21:52 - Dec 12 with 2006 viewsBryanPlug

Chambers arguing with fan? on 19:28 - Dec 12 by The_Last_Baron

People who know him say he is a great man so I'll take their word for it.

However I've never rated him as a footballer and with the team playing so poorly in the third division, now is not the time to have a vocal spat with a fan during a game.

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Chambers arguing with fan? on 22:03 - Dec 12 with 1961 viewsLesta_Tractor

Chambers arguing with fan? on 21:52 - Dec 12 by BryanPlug

Wouldn't be the first Cambridge graduate to play at the back for us

1:23:47, 38:26
Poll: What is more important to you?

Login to get fewer ads

Chambers arguing with fan? on 22:06 - Dec 12 with 1951 viewsBryanPlug

Chambers arguing with fan? on 22:03 - Dec 12 by Lesta_Tractor

Wouldn't be the first Cambridge graduate to play at the back for us

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Chambers arguing with fan? on 22:11 - Dec 12 with 1928 viewsMelford

Chambers arguing with fan? on 22:06 - Dec 12 by BryanPlug

At Watford he was so versatile he had played in every squad number from 2-11 during one season so during the last game they started him in goal in the last game of the season so he could complete the set
https://www.whoateallthepies.tv/kits/255110/retro-football-steve-palmer-wears-ev

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Chambers arguing with fan? on 23:28 - Dec 12 with 1794 viewsBlueBadger

Chambers arguing with fan? on 18:22 - Dec 12 by lazyblue

So fan has a go then Chambers says something and the fan starts crying, bloody pathetic.

As a person Chambers is a top top bloke.

I like how you've been downvoted by two of our more 'pc gone mad, snowflakes everywhere, you can't say anything' posters and a Random downvoter.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Chambers arguing with fan? on 23:43 - Dec 12 with 1756 viewsSuperCoops

Chambers arguing with fan? on 22:11 - Dec 12 by Melford

At Watford he was so versatile he had played in every squad number from 2-11 during one season so during the last game they started him in goal in the last game of the season so he could complete the set
https://www.whoateallthepies.tv/kits/255110/retro-football-steve-palmer-wears-ev

"Yep. Palmer started in goal, with regular ‘keeper Alec Chamberlain taking his place in the back four.

The ball was then hoofed out of play directly from kick-off, thus giving the pair just enough time to swap back."

I wonder what would have happened if Watford lost the toss of the coin and Bournemouth started off with a sustained attack on the Watford goal!
Chambers arguing with fan? on 09:02 - Dec 13 with 1561 viewsTractorWood

Chambers arguing with fan? on 18:27 - Dec 12 by TractorCam

Sure, but we're putting in another pathetic performance and are 2-0 down at home. Probably best to not engage on this one.

Exactly. None of the qualities people mention about Chambers actually relate to him on the pitch. Being a decent bloke and having been in the team ages aren't relevant when he's getting done inside out, beaten for pace for the 70th time or launching it into touch with no pressure on him.

He's not been good enough for years. We've dropped down a league and still consistently looks off it. Some of those displays in the relegation season were objectively embarrassing.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Chambers arguing with fan? on 09:35 - Dec 13 with 1506 viewsbraveblue

Wouldn’t be the first time
Chambers arguing with fan? on 09:39 - Dec 13 with 1487 viewsMonkeyAlan

Chambers arguing with fan? on 19:32 - Dec 12 by MrTown

I’m not sure he held the club together, we got relegated that season, and he ran to Evans when Hurst said a few nasty words. Want an easy ride here the players that’s the problem.

Should have moved on from him after relegation season. Decent servant, not the best player, does a lot of shouting and arm waving on the pitch, not sure he’s ever backed it up consistently as a player himself on the pitch though.

By all accounts a good bloke though.

You have nailed it on the head there. The players are here for an easy ride, that's half the trouble. They have had it way too comfy over the last few years. They need a good kick up the @rse, maybe Hurst was right. Because we seem to have bred a bunch of softies here at the club.
Chambers arguing with fan? on 10:30 - Dec 13 with 1423 viewshaynes_toe1

I have no problem with players giving some back to gobby fans but probably best to keep quiet when you're failing in league one
Chambers arguing with fan? on 12:30 - Dec 13 with 1332 viewsParky

Chambers arguing with fan? on 20:13 - Dec 12 by clive_baker

Great servant to the club, seems as though he does an awful lot off the pitch for the youngsters etc which is commendable. However, in the nicest way possible he’s a serial loser and knows it will just be accepted. Unfortunately has never achieved anything at this club and it’s always accepted with open arms as our leader.

Time for the club to move on, give Chambers a role with the kids for his great service and efforts and find a new captain (would love this to be Downes).
Chambers arguing with fan? on 12:42 - Dec 13 with 1309 viewsbazgammon

When KVY is fit, is Chambers going to be dropped as he should been or are MM or the Woolf going to have to make way for Captain Fistpump? Personally would not have him anywhere near right back and at best 3rd of 4th choice CB. He is the common denominator in our decline over last 4 years, undroppable as Skipper.

Poll: Lambert

Chambers arguing with fan? on 12:15 - Dec 14 with 1119 viewsmultiplescoregasms

I totally get people saying Chambers is a great man, and I don't dispute that at all. However, I know some great men and women, people who I have a lot of respect for, but that doesn't make them great footballers. We desperately need footballers, and a way of winning games at this club, not just great people. For me, that is all that matters when it comes to ITFC.
Chambers arguing with fan? on 12:25 - Dec 14 with 1089 viewsmrshallisfit

Chambers arguing with fan? on 21:52 - Dec 12 by BryanPlug

He was good at studying black holes so he would have had real insights in the structure of our defence.
Chambers arguing with fan? on 14:48 - Dec 14 with 1001 viewsChiefXL

You spelt "He and Skuse constantly undermined the new manager by running to the teacher after he called them out for what they were" wrong.

It's easy to be a big fish in a small pond.
Chambers arguing with fan? on 14:52 - Dec 14 with 986 viewsLankHenners

Chambers arguing with fan? on 14:48 - Dec 14 by ChiefXL

You spelt "He and Skuse constantly undermined the new manager by running to the teacher after he called them out for what they were" wrong.

It's easy to be a big fish in a small pond.

The new manager undermining the players, two of whom had just returned from the World Cup, by telling them they were rubbish and didn't care was probably the bigger issue in terms of squad harmony.

That and selling off the properly good ones and replacing them with overpriced league 1 players.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024