Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Beautiful from AJ 23:42 - Dec 12 with 5374 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Dominated the fight.. Great shots... Great Knockout

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Beautiful from AJ on 23:47 - Dec 12 with 3288 viewsjeera

I didn't see it so no use my pretending to know exactly how it went down, but the BBC commentary seems concerned that if he were to take a similar approach again Fury then he'd be in all sorts...

'Should have pushed more earlier, taken the lead and finished it by the 4th.'

To paraphrase a bit.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Beautiful from AJ on 23:55 - Dec 12 with 3259 viewsHerbivore

Beautiful from AJ on 23:47 - Dec 12 by jeera

I didn't see it so no use my pretending to know exactly how it went down, but the BBC commentary seems concerned that if he were to take a similar approach again Fury then he'd be in all sorts...

To paraphrase a bit.

Think they're being harsh to be honest. He put a lot into the 3rd round trying to force the stoppage and took a couple of rounds to get his breath back basically. Pulev is a good fighter, he'd be the third best name on Fury's record. It was a disciplined performance and a good stoppage in the end. Got the balance between aggression and discipline right tonight for me.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Beautiful from AJ on 00:01 - Dec 13 with 3245 viewstownblue

Beautiful from AJ on 23:47 - Dec 12 by jeera

To paraphrase a bit.

Yep, Fury would walk all over him imo.
Beautiful from AJ on 00:10 - Dec 13 with 3219 viewsHerbivore

Beautiful from AJ on 00:01 - Dec 13 by townblue

Yep, Fury would walk all over him imo.

He really wouldn't.

Beautiful from AJ on 00:12 - Dec 13 with 3215 viewstownblue

Beautiful from AJ on 00:10 - Dec 13 by Herbivore

He really wouldn't.

AJ is good but he's big and slow. Wilder was bigger and badder and fury made it look quite easy.

AJ has yet to show me anything that makes me think he would outbox fury.

Edit: I really dislike fury, but think he's technically way ahead of anyone right now.
[Post edited 13 Dec 2020 0:15]
Beautiful from AJ on 00:23 - Dec 13 with 3178 viewsBlue12345

Joshua made hard work of it.

Pulev is nowhere near the standard of others in the division, there was only ever going to be one outcome tonight.

But credit where credit is due he won and you can only beat what’s in front of you.
Beautiful from AJ on 00:27 - Dec 13 with 3167 viewsHerbivore

Beautiful from AJ on 00:12 - Dec 13 by townblue

AJ is good but he's big and slow. Wilder was bigger and badder and fury made it look quite easy.

AJ has yet to show me anything that makes me think he would outbox fury.

Edit: I really dislike fury, but think he's technically way ahead of anyone right now.
[Post edited 13 Dec 2020 0:15]

Wilder isn't bigger than AJ and Wilder literally can't box. All he has is a big right hand. And he almost knocked Fury out in their first fight.

Fury could outbox AJ but people forget that Fury has been hurt and dropped a number of times in his career and AJ hits hard and can box as well. AJ has consistent fought better opposition and yet every fight gets dissected. He just beat Pulev more easily than Fury won his second to last fight, which was against a total no mark. If Fury had just stopped Pulev in 9 rounds whilst barely losing a round I doubt he'd be getting the level of critique that AJ gets.

For me AJ v Fury is a 50/50 fight.

Beautiful from AJ on 00:33 - Dec 13 with 3151 viewsMrTown

He has that killer instinct and power, very impressive. Pulev offered nothing but a good chin though.

Fury dances with him mind you.
[Post edited 13 Dec 2020 0:34]

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Login to get fewer ads

Beautiful from AJ on 00:38 - Dec 13 with 3139 viewsMrTown

Beautiful from AJ on 00:27 - Dec 13 by Herbivore

Wilder isn't bigger than AJ and Wilder literally can't box. All he has is a big right hand. And he almost knocked Fury out in their first fight.

Fury could outbox AJ but people forget that Fury has been hurt and dropped a number of times in his career and AJ hits hard and can box as well. AJ has consistent fought better opposition and yet every fight gets dissected. He just beat Pulev more easily than Fury won his second to last fight, which was against a total no mark. If Fury had just stopped Pulev in 9 rounds whilst barely losing a round I doubt he'd be getting the level of critique that AJ gets.

I like AJ, he’s a top drawer bloke, really humble, really powerful, real inspiration for many.

When it comes to boxing though, Fury would dance around him.

Beautiful from AJ on 00:41 - Dec 13 with 3132 viewstownblue

Beautiful from AJ on 00:27 - Dec 13 by Herbivore

He's taller and has a bigger reach. He lost once yo fury and probably should have lost the first.

So has AJ. Furys fights were on his way back from a long time out with well documented issues so wouldn't hold his recent ring history against him. I'm not saying that AJ was poor in this fight, just that he didn't show enough that he would beat fury imo.
Beautiful from AJ on 00:41 - Dec 13 with 3127 viewsHerbivore

Beautiful from AJ on 00:38 - Dec 13 by MrTown

I like AJ, he’s a top drawer bloke, really humble, really powerful, real inspiration for many.

When it comes to boxing though, Fury would dance around him.

Fury has fought two decent opponents. He narrowly out pointed Kiltschko in an absolute snoozefest and then drew with and beat Wilder, who is barely even a boxer. He is big and awkward and can box, it's possible he keeps away from AJ for 12 rounds and wins on points. But AJ can box and he has good power, Fury has been tagged and hurt plenty by lesser fighters than AJ.

Beautiful from AJ on 00:45 - Dec 13 with 3111 viewsHerbivore

Beautiful from AJ on 00:41 - Dec 13 by townblue

He's taller and has a bigger reach. He lost once yo fury and probably should have lost the first.

So has AJ. Furys fights were on his way back from a long time out with well documented issues so wouldn't hold his recent ring history against him. I'm not saying that AJ was poor in this fight, just that he didn't show enough that he would beat fury imo.

Wilder is tall but he doesn't use his height at all well. And AJ outweighs Wilder by a fair bit and knows how to use his size, which Wilder doesn't.

Fury has had plenty of poor fights before and since his break from the sport. It's really odd that Fury has become some unbeatable monster in some eyes. He's shown tons of vulnerability throughout his career.

Beautiful from AJ on 00:45 - Dec 13 with 3112 viewsBlue12345

Beautiful from AJ on 00:41 - Dec 13 by Herbivore

Fury has fought two decent opponents. He narrowly out pointed Kiltschko in an absolute snoozefest and then drew with and beat Wilder, who is barely even a boxer. He is big and awkward and can box, it's possible he keeps away from AJ for 12 rounds and wins on points. But AJ can box and he has good power, Fury has been tagged and hurt plenty by lesser fighters than AJ.

That’s not true regarding Fury fighting only two decent opponents.
Beautiful from AJ on 00:47 - Dec 13 with 3099 viewsHerbivore

Beautiful from AJ on 00:45 - Dec 13 by Blue12345

That’s not true regarding Fury fighting only two decent opponents.

Wlad, Wilder, and......??? Chisora is his next best opponent after that and he's Euro level really.

Beautiful from AJ on 00:49 - Dec 13 with 3097 viewstownblue

Beautiful from AJ on 00:45 - Dec 13 by Herbivore

Wilder is tall but he doesn't use his height at all well. And AJ outweighs Wilder by a fair bit and knows how to use his size, which Wilder doesn't.

Fury has had plenty of poor fights before and since his break from the sport. It's really odd that Fury has become some unbeatable monster in some eyes. He's shown tons of vulnerability throughout his career.

Wilder doesn't know how to use his size?! He's been knocking people out for fun his whole career.

Fury has been poor and vulnerable yet has never lost. Don't think he would have lost to Ruiz. AJ only decided he wanted to box after his loss and would be a long way behind fury.
Beautiful from AJ on 00:50 - Dec 13 with 3093 viewsMrTown

Beautiful from AJ on 00:41 - Dec 13 by Herbivore

I’m certain in would be a points win for Fury, but wouldn’t even be close, how you get it doesn’t matter, but Fury would add another W in the column, would an easy night for him.

As a boxer, just too good for AJ.
[Post edited 13 Dec 2020 0:51]

Beautiful from AJ on 00:51 - Dec 13 with 3082 viewstownblue

Beautiful from AJ on 00:47 - Dec 13 by Herbivore

Wlad, Wilder, and......??? Chisora is his next best opponent after that and he's Euro level really.

Who's a bigger name than wlad who AJ beat?

Edit: or wilder for that matter?
[Post edited 13 Dec 2020 0:54]
Beautiful from AJ on 00:55 - Dec 13 with 3061 viewsHerbivore

Beautiful from AJ on 00:49 - Dec 13 by townblue

Wilder doesn't know how to use his size?! He's been knocking people out for fun his whole career.

Fury has been poor and vulnerable yet has never lost. Don't think he would have lost to Ruiz. AJ only decided he wanted to box after his loss and would be a long way behind fury.

No, Wilder doesn't know how to use his size. The kid can't even box, he just happens to have a dynamite right hand. His level of opposition has helped to disguise his massive shortcomings.

Fury has similarly been pretty carefully managed which has helped maintain his record. Most people think he lost to John McDermott in their first fight, that's how vulnerable he's been at times in his career. He's been dropped fairly heavily a few times in his career. He's carefully managed his career to reduce the risks to himself, outside Wilder and Wlad he's not fought a legit top 10 fighter in the division. AJ by contrast has fought several top 10 guys. When you consistently take risks as a heavyweight it increases the chances of a loss.

Beautiful from AJ on 00:56 - Dec 13 with 3058 viewsHerbivore

Beautiful from AJ on 00:50 - Dec 13 by MrTown

I’m certain in would be a points win for Fury, but wouldn’t even be close, how you get it doesn’t matter, but Fury would add another W in the column, would an easy night for him.

As a boxer, just too good for AJ.
[Post edited 13 Dec 2020 0:51]

Fair enough, I disagree.

Beautiful from AJ on 00:57 - Dec 13 with 3056 viewsHerbivore

Beautiful from AJ on 00:51 - Dec 13 by townblue

Who's a bigger name than wlad who AJ beat?

Edit: or wilder for that matter?
[Post edited 13 Dec 2020 0:54]

Eh?

Beautiful from AJ on 01:00 - Dec 13 with 3052 viewstownblue

Beautiful from AJ on 00:55 - Dec 13 by Herbivore

No, Wilder doesn't know how to use his size. The kid can't even box, he just happens to have a dynamite right hand. His level of opposition has helped to disguise his massive shortcomings.

Fury has similarly been pretty carefully managed which has helped maintain his record. Most people think he lost to John McDermott in their first fight, that's how vulnerable he's been at times in his career. He's been dropped fairly heavily a few times in his career. He's carefully managed his career to reduce the risks to himself, outside Wilder and Wlad he's not fought a legit top 10 fighter in the division. AJ by contrast has fought several top 10 guys. When you consistently take risks as a heavyweight it increases the chances of a loss.

Watch back the wilder Ortiz fights, he totally uses his size and power to overwhelm him.

Fury may have been well managed but he didn't duck wilder, which AJ managed for a long time. I think Fury has beaten bigger names, and beat wlad closer to his prime.
Beautiful from AJ on 01:01 - Dec 13 with 3048 viewstownblue

Beautiful from AJ on 00:57 - Dec 13 by Herbivore

Eh?

You were saying AJ fought the bigger fighters. Fury beat wlad and wilder at their primes. What has AJ done better than that?
Beautiful from AJ on 01:03 - Dec 13 with 3041 viewsHerbivore

Beautiful from AJ on 01:00 - Dec 13 by townblue

Watch back the wilder Ortiz fights, he totally uses his size and power to overwhelm him.

Fury may have been well managed but he didn't duck wilder, which AJ managed for a long time. I think Fury has beaten bigger names, and beat wlad closer to his prime.

You think AJ ducked Wilder? Even Wilder admits he turned down a career high pay day to fight AJ.

Beautiful from AJ on 01:06 - Dec 13 with 3029 viewstownblue

Beautiful from AJ on 01:03 - Dec 13 by Herbivore

You think AJ ducked Wilder? Even Wilder admits he turned down a career high pay day to fight AJ.

Maybe, but fury has beaten the two best heavyweights in recent memory in their prime. Not sure AJ has done the same.
Beautiful from AJ on 01:06 - Dec 13 with 3029 viewsBlue12345

Beautiful from AJ on 01:01 - Dec 13 by townblue

You were saying AJ fought the bigger fighters. Fury beat wlad and wilder at their primes. What has AJ done better than that?

Agree 100%.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024