Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Its pointless 09:19 - Dec 13 with 931 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Evans won't do a thing regarding Lambert whilst we have a whole team out injured. He just won't, it's been nicely framed as the reason for our poor performances.

And it'll continue until February, by which time, it'll be too late.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Its pointless on 09:25 - Dec 13 with 900 viewsMonkeyAlan

Even if/when those injured get back we won't be any better. Because let's be honest, they aren't that good. Our so called better players just arnt good enough. I don't know why people keep kidding themselves that they are.
Its pointless on 09:41 - Dec 13 with 850 viewsRegencyBlue

Its pointless on 09:25 - Dec 13 by MonkeyAlan

Even if/when those injured get back we won't be any better. Because let's be honest, they aren't that good. Our so called better players just arnt good enough. I don't know why people keep kidding themselves that they are.

Sadly I agree with you.

Once you take out the senior players coasting to the end of their careers, the sick notes and those who are just not good enough there’s not much left.
Its pointless on 09:43 - Dec 13 with 835 viewssimoitfc

It will be too late by end of December at this rate
Its pointless on 11:32 - Dec 13 with 769 viewsOsmansCleanSheet

You’re dead right, unfortunately. Lambert has deluded Evans, as well as himself, that the injuries are the reason for our faltering form of late. With our injury record, that situation is unlikely to improve and will no doubt be used, at the end of the season, as the reason for our mid-table finish.
Its pointless on 11:33 - Dec 13 with 761 viewsstrikalite

The truth hurts...
Its pointless on 11:41 - Dec 13 with 732 viewsBlueySwede

A bit harsh I think..of course players like Bishop, Downes, Edwards, Vincent Young, Norwood would make us stronger. How much stronger I´m not sure, but we would definitely improve with them back.
Its pointless on 11:44 - Dec 13 with 721 viewspatrickswell

Its pointless on 11:41 - Dec 13 by BlueySwede

A bit harsh I think..of course players like Bishop, Downes, Edwards, Vincent Young, Norwood would make us stronger. How much stronger I´m not sure, but we would definitely improve with them back.

If they come back and stay fit, we could have a very strong second half of the season.

But I have no faith that they will stay fit or in Downes’s case, be mentally focussed to do the job for us.
Its pointless on 11:45 - Dec 13 with 716 viewsjas0999

Quite. They weren’t good enough last season.
Login to get fewer ads

Its pointless on 11:46 - Dec 13 with 714 viewspointofblue

They’re more than good enough for this level; they just need to be managed properly.

Cornell, Vincent-Young, Ward, Woolfenden, Wilson, Dozzell, Downes, Bishop, Lankester, Edwards, Norwood

Cornell, Vincent-Young, Ward, Woolfenden, Wilson, Lankester, Edwards, Downes, Bishop, Norwood, Jackson

Wide right is a concern considering Lankester’s recent form but otherwise either line up should be able to compete at this level.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Its pointless on 11:51 - Dec 13 with 696 viewsBent_double

Its pointless on 11:44 - Dec 13 by patrickswell

If they come back and stay fit, we could have a very strong second half of the season.

But I have no faith that they will stay fit or in Downes’s case, be mentally focussed to do the job for us.

Spot on, but there will also be so many players who are very low on confidence after such a poor run of form. Are they going to drag the returning players down, or are the returning players going to spark life back into the rest of the team?

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Its pointless on 11:59 - Dec 13 with 680 viewsitfcjoe

Every game that goes by with Lambert in charge is just wasting time and diminishing our chances of going up this season - he can lean into injuries as much as he wants, but ultimately he needs to be giving us the beat chance of getting results.

He can’t. If it takes 2 more defeats this week to see the end of him I’d celebrate them, but who knows what Evans is thinking. He obviously doesn’t want to pay up his deal, but if we drop down to 9th or 10th then he’s going to have to

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Its pointless on 12:17 - Dec 13 with 619 viewsLankHenners

Hard to tell how much Evans genuinely believes Lambert re: the injuries being the reason for poor results, or whether it's something he's holding onto because he doesn't want to pay up to get rid and is therefore just hoping things magically turn around once Downes, Bishop, KVY, Edwards etc. are back.

It's been obvious for ages, including last season where we had some of those players fit and playing, that Lambert can't get a tune out of this team. The pair of them are now obsessed with playing a particular style in a particular formation that they're totally blinkered. Evans just doesn't know enough and Lambert, for whatever reason, is sticking to it so doggedly when it's clear to everyone, including the players playing it, that it doesn't work in the way they're being asked to do it.

Lambert's too comfortable and just going through the motions of it, and it appears all Evans' talk of 'green shoots', 'bcwywf', 'it'll look better in the flesh than on tv, promise' was just guff he was saying with his fingers crossed hoping it turns around. That or he's genuinely clueless.

All it adds up to is the whole club hierarchy refusing to believe it can be better and just shrugging their shoulders, complaining things are unfair and that we shouldn't expect any more than what we have. Ridiculous that a club continues to give itself so many self-inflicted wounds.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Its pointless on 12:22 - Dec 13 with 591 viewsMrTown

Not a chance in hell he will pay 4 years on the contract. Gives it the bollox of green shoots and profession which I don’t even think he believes in.

He’s just a half-arsed owner, that will be thinking about the dent in his wallet before the clubs best interests.

Lambert won’t be going anywhere this Christmas, next Christmas or anytime soon.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Its pointless on 12:30 - Dec 13 with 575 viewsPJH

Its pointless on 11:59 - Dec 13 by itfcjoe

Every game that goes by with Lambert in charge is just wasting time and diminishing our chances of going up this season - he can lean into injuries as much as he wants, but ultimately he needs to be giving us the beat chance of getting results.

He can’t. If it takes 2 more defeats this week to see the end of him I’d celebrate them, but who knows what Evans is thinking. He obviously doesn’t want to pay up his deal, but if we drop down to 9th or 10th then he’s going to have to

A bit like that win at Swansea wasted two weeks of 2018/19 because it kept Hurst here two weeks longer than he should have been.
As it happens the extra two and a half weeks probably would not have helped with Lambert coming in but it could have done if a competent manager had been appointed.

I am not really a believer in a season being over when there are still about 30 games left-2018/19 certainly wasn't-but at this moment this season looks like it is.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024