Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Time to shake up team 09:43 - Dec 13 with 2812 viewsPilgrimblue

Chambers Ward need to be rested. Donacian and Kenlock should play and probably will want to impress given the chance.
Plus play 442 with Oli and Drenan as strikers as havent been that impressed with Jackson.
Time to shake up team on 09:45 - Dec 13 with 2458 viewsHerbivore

Hawkins and Drinan is a strike partnership with no goals or pace in it.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Time to shake up team on 09:50 - Dec 13 with 2429 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I think failure to play Donacien (even to give Chambo a rest) is a big issue of PL's.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Time to shake up team on 09:52 - Dec 13 with 2414 viewsHerbivore

Time to shake up team on 09:50 - Dec 13 by Marshalls_Mullet

I think failure to play Donacien (even to give Chambo a rest) is a big issue of PL's.

Chambers and Ward have both looked leggy of late. No surprise really given their age and playing full back in a system where they don't have a lot of cover in front of them.

Time to shake up team on 09:59 - Dec 13 with 2394 viewsStadiumofdark

Time to shake up team on 09:45 - Dec 13 by Herbivore

Hawkins and Drinan is a strike partnership with no goals or pace in it.

Jackson + 1 (Hawkins) was needed at half time, but nope...... obviously not Paul
Time to shake up team on 10:09 - Dec 13 with 2360 viewsclive_baker

Donacian and Kenlock with a front 2 of Hawkins & Drinan, what a time to be alive.

Who’s in midfield? Brett McGavin and Noel Edmunds?

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Time to shake up team on 10:12 - Dec 13 with 2344 viewsDubtractor

Time to shake up team on 10:09 - Dec 13 by clive_baker

Donacian and Kenlock with a front 2 of Hawkins & Drinan, what a time to be alive.

Who’s in midfield? Brett McGavin and Noel Edmunds?

I wouldn't be against the idea of Edmunds if we can get Mr Blobby as part of the deal. I reckon he could play a similar role to Matt Rhead at Lincoln, could be really handy at set pieces.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Time to shake up team on 10:14 - Dec 13 with 2331 viewsclive_baker

Time to shake up team on 10:12 - Dec 13 by Dubtractor

I wouldn't be against the idea of Edmunds if we can get Mr Blobby as part of the deal. I reckon he could play a similar role to Matt Rhead at Lincoln, could be really handy at set pieces.

In Mr Blobby’s defence, he couldn’t be any less threatening.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Time to shake up team on 10:36 - Dec 13 with 2288 viewsSwansea_Blue

Wouldn’t make any difference

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

Time to shake up team on 11:06 - Dec 13 with 2240 viewsRadlett_blue

Time to shake up team on 09:52 - Dec 13 by Herbivore

Chambers and Ward have both looked leggy of late. No surprise really given their age and playing full back in a system where they don't have a lot of cover in front of them.

Chambers has been awful. As a 6' 1" centre back he should not be losing almost every header when playing at right back. Can Donacien really be worse than the 35 years old Chambers?
I don't think Ward is a problem, but he's also 35 so probably shouldn't be playing every game.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Time to shake up team on 11:08 - Dec 13 with 2225 viewsHerbivore

Time to shake up team on 11:06 - Dec 13 by Radlett_blue

Chambers has been awful. As a 6' 1" centre back he should not be losing almost every header when playing at right back. Can Donacien really be worse than the 35 years old Chambers?
I don't think Ward is a problem, but he's also 35 so probably shouldn't be playing every game.

Ward has been really poor since his injury. Worse than Chambers imo, who has also been struggling of late as well. You can't really be playing full backs with a combined age of 70, it's ridiculous.

Time to shake up team on 11:11 - Dec 13 with 2213 viewsSwansea_Blue

Time to shake up team on 11:06 - Dec 13 by Radlett_blue

Chambers struggled yesterday but he was up against a very good player at this level. He’s been one of our better performers this season. Undoubtedly better than Donacien imo. If Donacien and Kenlock are seen as the answer, we may as give up now.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Time to shake up team on 11:11 - Dec 13 with 2210 viewsEireannach_gorm

Rotation is the way to go.
Time to shake up team on 11:42 - Dec 13 with 2163 viewsJoHnNnY

Time to shake up team on 09:59 - Dec 13 by Stadiumofdark

Jackson + 1 (Hawkins) was needed at half time, but nope...... obviously not Paul

Think we miss Norwood's bullish graft. Am I the only one that doesn't rate Jackson at all? - he's a League 2 player at best.

We really need another striker, think Hawkins and Norwood could be our best partnership of what we currently have. Nors needs that unselfish strike partner to work with.

Can we just play some attractive football please?
Poll: Who would like to see a return of the previous badge design?

Time to shake up team on 12:14 - Dec 13 with 2096 viewsStadiumofdark

Time to shake up team on 11:42 - Dec 13 by JoHnNnY

Think we miss Norwood's bullish graft. Am I the only one that doesn't rate Jackson at all? - he's a League 2 player at best.

We really need another striker, think Hawkins and Norwood could be our best partnership of what we currently have. Nors needs that unselfish strike partner to work with.

Jackson just needs a run of games with a strike partner. He's not a lone striker. He's one of our only players with any pace to stretch teams.

Playing him as lone striker is clueless. Like expecting a Fiat 500 to be a people carrier.
Time to shake up team on 16:52 - Dec 13 with 1983 viewslazyblue

Are you being absolutely serious?
Time to shake up team on 19:47 - Dec 13 with 1907 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Jackson gave us a good return last season so it’s harsh to say that League 2 is his level. The problem is that we’re not playing to his strengths.

Poll: On 14th April 2020, will we be

Time to shake up team on 19:52 - Dec 13 with 1899 viewsIpswichKnight

Time to shake up team on 10:14 - Dec 13 by clive_baker

In Mr Blobby’s defence, he couldn’t be any less threatening.

He’d be quicker than Hawkins and probably spend more time on-side than him too!
Time to shake up team on 20:09 - Dec 13 with 1865 viewsRadlett_blue

Time to shake up team on 12:14 - Dec 13 by Stadiumofdark

Jackson just needs a run of games with a strike partner. He's not a lone striker. He's one of our only players with any pace to stretch teams.

Playing him as lone striker is clueless. Like expecting a Fiat 500 to be a people carrier.

Very few clubs play 2 up top these days because you get over run in midfield. However, Jackson could play on the right on a 4-3-3 with Hawkins or Drinan as the central striker.

Time to shake up team on 22:54 - Dec 13 with 1812 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Time to shake up team on 20:09 - Dec 13 by Radlett_blue

Very few clubs play 2 up top these days because you get over run in midfield. However, Jackson could play on the right on a 4-3-3 with Hawkins or Drinan as the central striker.

Seen that said a lot regarding the benefit of a 3 in midfield, but i don’t get why a 3 would overrun a 4 in a 4-4-2. I get that if the 3 play narrow they might control the centre, but they still have an extra body to cope with.

Poll: On 14th April 2020, will we be

Time to shake up team on 23:13 - Dec 13 with 1795 viewseddiespearitt03

Shake up the team ? How about getting rid of 8 players and recruiting 5.
Time to shake up team on 23:53 - Dec 13 with 1756 viewsStokieBlue

He's clearly not a "league 2 player at best" though.

He was our most effective forward last year and provided both goals and assists. Championship clubs were looking at him.

The evidence really does support your assertion.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Time to shake up team on 00:03 - Dec 14 with 1751 viewsGodBlue

The problem is, if you take all of the working parts of a car and give them to a guy who once drove a car at a half decent standard (let’s say, for arguments sake, a German car), it doesn’t matter how many times he ‘shakes them up’, you’re still going to end up with a guy who’s totally unsuited to rebuilding your car... and a pile of damaged parts!

Poll: After 778 days, what’s improved since Paul Lambert arrived?

Time to shake up team on 10:06 - Dec 14 with 1573 viewsRadlett_blue

Time to shake up team on 23:53 - Dec 13 by StokieBlue

He was our most effective forward last year and provided both goals and assists. Championship clubs were looking at him.

SB

Exactly. Jackson is certainly a decent player at this level, but the way in which our manager persists in using him doesn't get the best out of him.

Time to shake up team on 10:17 - Dec 14 with 1543 viewsHerbivore

Time to shake up team on 23:53 - Dec 13 by StokieBlue

SB

Jackson didn't bang in 20 goals in his first season with us in the Championship and therefore he'll always be crap according to some. Only a handful of players in League 1 directly contributed to more goals than him last season and yet we still have to read this utter tripe about him not being good enough for League 1. Utterly bizarre. Championship clubs weren't just looking at him, one actually bid for him. He's perfectly capable at this level and if nurtured and used correctly he has the raw attributes to be effective in the Championship as well.
[Post edited 14 Dec 2020 10:26]

Time to shake up team on 10:24 - Dec 14 with 1531 viewsWallingford_Boy

Agree 100% with dropping Chambo, give Donacien a run.

I'd keep Ward in.

Jackson just isn't a striker so time to start one of Drinan or Hawkins.

RIP Sir Bobby

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024