Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Does anyone else? 13:55 - Dec 13 with 1261 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Have no emotion regarding Town anymore. Could support anyone else, but just no great anger when we lose anymore, just numbness to how bad things are as a club now.

Or is it just me?

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Does anyone else? on 13:57 - Dec 13 with 1238 viewsWD19

Totally numb.

But nothing that couldn’t be fixed by a couple of afternoons on an away terrace and winning football.
Does anyone else? on 14:14 - Dec 13 with 1194 viewsIllinoisblue

Still angry, still hurting. Despairing at how bad we are. No light at end of tunnel.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Does anyone else? on 14:15 - Dec 13 with 1186 viewsChurchman

Does anyone else? on 14:14 - Dec 13 by Illinoisblue

Still angry, still hurting. Despairing at how bad we are. No light at end of tunnel.

This is where I am too.
Does anyone else? on 14:21 - Dec 13 with 1172 viewsjayessess

The "numbness" comes and goes, I think? I felt numb when McCarthy was dragging us to mid-table Championship finishes which I'd be cheering now. Felt angry when we went down, felt angry as we slid down L1 last season, feel numb now.

I suppose numb is how you feel when the possibility of a hopeful future seems entirely closed off?

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Does anyone else? on 14:24 - Dec 13 with 1155 viewsBasingstokeBlue

Poll: What do you think of the three stars being relocated?

Does anyone else? on 14:26 - Dec 13 with 1149 viewsbluelagos

I think numb sums it up very well. We are so sh1t it's embarrassing. 90 minutes without a touch in the opposition box ffs.

As when I get a chance to get back to PR I'll of course go, but it's way less appealing as it used to be.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Does anyone else? on 14:28 - Dec 13 with 1127 viewsbenrhyddingblue

Wouldn’t say I have no emotion, as I am angry at where we are and where we are going, but felt little about yesterday’s game as it was just what I expected. On the flip side, didn’t feel much after we won last week.

I was more animated celebrating in the pouring rain my son’s u14 team scoring a last minute winner today in a top of the table clash than I have been for anything Ipswich have offered up lately.
Does anyone else? on 14:34 - Dec 13 with 1096 viewsSomethingBlue

No, I am angry at the way this club is both talking and behaving its way over a cliff edge - and if everyone was, we might get somewhere.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Login to get fewer ads

Does anyone else? on 14:45 - Dec 13 with 1046 viewsAce_High1

Yes same, used to ruin my weekend when we would lose or not play well.

I stopped enjoying the whole Portman Road experience in 2016 -for the preceding 12 months I found myself make excuses to not attend even though I had a season ticket as the football was so bad and we had a small club/losers mentality - listening to Mick tell us how good Rotherham etc were just did it for me.

I stopped that season and thought I would pick and choose, I have not been to a game since and don't miss it.

I like to see the lineup for each game and look out for the result but it doesn't affect me and I move on.

Hope we get back one day but we are miles away from even competing, let alone being successful.
Does anyone else? on 14:46 - Dec 13 with 1041 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Does anyone else? on 13:57 - Dec 13 by WD19

Totally numb.

But nothing that couldn’t be fixed by a couple of afternoons on an away terrace and winning football.

I’m glad I’m not the only one. As you say, nothing that couldn’t be fixed in the future. Cannot see it being fixed under Lambert though.

He kept talking about positions in the league after Oxford, now we are slipping and slipping, 6th with other teams to have games in hand.

Need him gone just so I can start enjoy following the club again for a little period.

Does anyone else? on 14:48 - Dec 13 with 1031 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Does anyone else? on 14:45 - Dec 13 by Ace_High1

I stopped enjoying the whole Portman Road experience in 2016 -for the preceding 12 months I found myself make excuses to not attend even though I had a season ticket as the football was so bad and we had a small club/losers mentality - listening to Mick tell us how good Rotherham etc were just did it for me.

I stopped that season and thought I would pick and choose, I have not been to a game since and don't miss it.

I like to see the lineup for each game and look out for the result but it doesn't affect me and I move on.

Hope we get back one day but we are miles away from even competing, let alone being successful.

I suspect this could be the way I am going.

First year in many many year I haven’t had a ST due to uncertainty around COVID, but each passing week, I think, why would I waste hundreds and hundreds of pounds on this season after season.

Does anyone else? on 14:50 - Dec 13 with 1018 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Does anyone else? on 14:28 - Dec 13 by benrhyddingblue

Wouldn’t say I have no emotion, as I am angry at where we are and where we are going, but felt little about yesterday’s game as it was just what I expected. On the flip side, didn’t feel much after we won last week.

I was more animated celebrating in the pouring rain my son’s u14 team scoring a last minute winner today in a top of the table clash than I have been for anything Ipswich have offered up lately.

I used to feel angry, but with no action being taken from the top despite how bad we are falling in League 1, what is the point in being angry, it makes no difference to Evans’ decision making.

That’s the way I look at it now.

Does anyone else? on 15:01 - Dec 13 with 1001 viewsjayessess

Does anyone else? on 14:45 - Dec 13 by Ace_High1

The mentality thing is a big part of it. Football's a competitive game, you can't assume you'll always be better than the opposition, but every year the standards expected of the club seem to get lower and lower.

It's one thing to acknowledge that it isn't easy to be successful, even in League One, it's quite another to accept not being successful.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024