Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
At the end of December last season 10:38 - Dec 14 with 2163 viewsBobbychase

We had 37 points.

A tough ask to match that from where we are now. So it's not just a repeat of last season, stastistically it might be worse (marginally).

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

At the end of December last season on 10:42 - Dec 14 with 2122 viewsKeno

But we have better possession stats!!

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

At the end of December last season on 10:42 - Dec 14 with 2132 viewsStokieBlue

It's far worse than last season.

We don't even look like having a shot at the moment, at least last season we were grinding out results, we just look like losing every match at the moment.

It doesn't require a deep analysis of the stats to reach this conclusion.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

At the end of December last season on 10:44 - Dec 14 with 2115 viewsBobbychase

That said Wycombe were top with 43 points and I doubt any of Hull, Lincoln etc will reach that by end of December. So maybe the division is weaker. Which is why we are somehow still in the top six.

At the end of December last season on 10:49 - Dec 14 with 2086 viewsMrTown

Division is weaker this year I think, some to be a few more cases of lower teams beating top. Although makes no difference to us, still get ripped a new one by any top team.

We are slightly worse than last year, so we’ll probably end around 10th again for me.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

At the end of December last season on 10:50 - Dec 14 with 2082 viewsHerbivore

Our good spell this season lasted more or less half as long as last season, so it is definitely worse.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

At the end of December last season on 10:56 - Dec 14 with 2062 viewsPJH

At the end of December last season on 10:42 - Dec 14 by StokieBlue

It's far worse than last season.

We don't even look like having a shot at the moment, at least last season we were grinding out results, we just look like losing every match at the moment.

It doesn't require a deep analysis of the stats to reach this conclusion.

SB

We are much worse than last season in my opinion because last season we actually looked like winning games and stopping the opposition scoring, we look like doing neither at the moment.

I imagine the possession stats are better this time though so that is good!
At the end of December last season on 11:01 - Dec 14 with 2045 viewsBobbychase

At the end of December last season on 10:56 - Dec 14 by PJH

We are much worse than last season in my opinion because last season we actually looked like winning games and stopping the opposition scoring, we look like doing neither at the moment.

This is why I've switched to Lambert Out. Someone with any coaching and motivational skills could take our squad (I do admit injuries to all our top scorers are not helping) and get them top two in what is a weak division.

But we currently look like drifting the other way.

At the end of December last season on 11:16 - Dec 14 with 1991 viewsTieDyedIn95

We'll finish 7th. I have been saying it all season and shot down for it, but that's our level at present.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Login to get fewer ads

At the end of December last season on 11:28 - Dec 14 with 1924 viewsdavblue

At the end of December last season on 11:16 - Dec 14 by TieDyedIn95

We'll finish 7th. I have been saying it all season and shot down for it, but that's our level at present.

Our level with this manager since Dec 1 last year is 10th and that’s having played more games so probably around 10 to 15th in reality.

https://www.twtd.co.uk/league-tables/competition:league-one/daterange/fromdate:2
At the end of December last season on 11:45 - Dec 14 with 1883 viewsbluefunk

At the end of December last season on 11:28 - Dec 14 by davblue

Our level with this manager since Dec 1 last year is 10th and that’s having played more games so probably around 10 to 15th in reality.

https://www.twtd.co.uk/league-tables/competition:league-one/daterange/fromdate:2

Averaging 1.53 points per League One game, which wouldn’t be good enough for a play off place in the vast majority of seasons, never mind current injuries, momentum, playing style, rotation or whatever. That record tells you all you need to know - across the 53 games we have played at this level, the management team have failed miserably to mount a sustained and serious challenge at the top of the league, particularly bearing in mind that we have gained very few points against major competitors
At the end of December last season on 11:48 - Dec 14 with 1870 viewsjayessess

We're definitely worse. We've been absolutely blown away 3 home games in a row, which only happened twice all season last year.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

At the end of December last season on 13:00 - Dec 14 with 1761 viewsBlueBadger

At the end of December last season on 10:50 - Dec 14 by Herbivore

Our good spell this season lasted more or less half as long as last season, so it is definitely worse.

We are playing much more Technical Football, though.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

At the end of December last season on 13:26 - Dec 14 with 1719 viewsGuthrum

At the end of December last season on 10:56 - Dec 14 by PJH

Our levels of possession at least stop the opposition scoring another two or three goals.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

At the end of December last season on 13:30 - Dec 14 with 1706 viewsPJH

At the end of December last season on 13:26 - Dec 14 by Guthrum

Our levels of possession at least stop the opposition scoring another two or three goals.

Although the CD-GK-CD possession triangle often looks like giving a goal away.
At the end of December last season on 13:35 - Dec 14 with 1686 viewsNthQldITFC

At the end of December last season on 11:01 - Dec 14 by Bobbychase

This is why I've switched to Lambert Out. Someone with any coaching and motivational skills could take our squad (I do admit injuries to all our top scorers are not helping) and get them top two in what is a weak division.

I'm in the same boat. I tried to keep patience for as long as possible, but it does look like the management team have, at best, allowed the fragile morale of the squad to collapse again, and simultaneously refused to make sensible and pragmatic decisions with regard to team selection and tactics.

How much of that is down to incompetence, and how much is down to wounded ego I don't know, but equally I don't care. He has to go and very, very soon, if we want to save this season, and possibly save the club.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

At the end of December last season on 13:42 - Dec 14 with 1670 viewsitfcjoe

At the end of December last season on 11:01 - Dec 14 by Bobbychase

I question whether he's trying to even win games at the moment.......this style/philosophy that the has become totally and utterly wedded to this season, after changing every game last season, at this moment with the injuries we have is just the wrong approach.

We don't create chances, and we don't score goals - there is no long term if the short term isn't fixed.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

At the end of December last season on 13:54 - Dec 14 with 1625 viewsBeckets

At the end of December last season on 13:42 - Dec 14 by itfcjoe

I question whether he's trying to even win games at the moment.......this style/philosophy that the has become totally and utterly wedded to this season, after changing every game last season, at this moment with the injuries we have is just the wrong approach.

We don't create chances, and we don't score goals - there is no long term if the short term isn't fixed.

He’s wedded to a style that we are getting worse at as the season has unfolded rather than better. It’s as if proving a point is more important to him than results. Tomorrow he should go with Hawkins and Jackson up front with McGavin and Andre central midfield.
At the end of December last season on 14:44 - Dec 14 with 1575 viewsEwan_Oozami

At the end of December last season on 11:16 - Dec 14 by TieDyedIn95

Shot down for being too optimistic?

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024