Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Playing 4-4-2 20:43 - Dec 14 with 1206 viewsCustardCream

There’s been a lot of people recently berating PL for not playing 4-4-2. Don’t get me wrong, I am in no way a fan of lambert but I’m with him on this one. With the injuries we currently have I don’t think we have the midfielders for the system. The one thing we’re all happy about this season is all the playing time Dozzell has been getting, but my god he’s poor defensively. Can you imagine how overrun we would get if he was in a midfield 2
Playing 4-4-2 on 20:50 - Dec 14 with 1173 viewsDarth_Koont

I think Dozzell has been better this year defensively - and he’s certainly done much better in one-on-ones and being strong.

But yes, he’s not a defensive player or a harrier by inclination. I think ideally we need a couple of battlers in there or a front three that can handle itself and push back the opposition. Problem is currently we have neither.

Pronouns: He/Him

Playing 4-4-2 on 20:56 - Dec 14 with 1150 viewsBlueBadger

Pretty much the only times we've looked threatening as an attacking unit in the whole of Lambert's tenure have been when we've played 4-4-2.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Playing 4-4-2 on 20:57 - Dec 14 with 1150 viewsKing_ding_a_lin_g

I think the frustration is mainly because he seems to just stick to Plan A, despite it being clear after half an hour of most games that we're going to struggle to create.

He does it game after game after game and it's too easy to defend against, especially for the better sides who then also have the quality to carve us open at the other end.

I don't care if he wants to go 5-3-2, 3-5-2, 4-4-2, 4-2-4, 2-4-4, 3-1-6... just try to do something to unsettle the opposition.
Playing 4-4-2 on 21:43 - Dec 14 with 1070 viewsIllinoisblue

By all means carry on with a system that sees us create two chances per game.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Playing 4-4-2 on 22:14 - Dec 14 with 1016 viewsBlueBadger

Playing 4-4-2 on 21:43 - Dec 14 by Illinoisblue

It's not only Technical Football, it's Better Football.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Playing 4-4-2 on 22:20 - Dec 14 with 993 viewsNthsuffolkblue

The bigger issue than the system is the general philosophy. It seems to be built around retaining possession inside our own half.

Whatever system we play, we need to get both the ball and players in and around the opposition box and take shots unless we are closing out a game we are getting a result in.

Not only is it a formula that is gaining us far too few points, but it is far from exciting to watch.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Playing 4-4-2 on 22:22 - Dec 14 with 987 viewschrismakin

Playing 4-4-2 on 22:20 - Dec 14 by Nthsuffolkblue

The bigger issue than the system is the general philosophy. It seems to be built around retaining possession inside our own half.

Whatever system we play, we need to get both the ball and players in and around the opposition box and take shots unless we are closing out a game we are getting a result in.

Not only is it a formula that is gaining us far too few points, but it is far from exciting to watch.

That's the most barmy thing, we have a formula which is great for seeing a game out, you'd think

But we just don't get sent out with a match winning formula to begin with.

Win the game first and then see it out.

Not the Mick 1-0 up defend then lose type though.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Playing 4-4-2 on 23:26 - Dec 14 with 912 viewsMrTown

Could have any system you want out there.

When you’ve got footballers that can’t play football, and a coach that can’t coach, you’re up sh*t creek regardless.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Login to get fewer ads

Playing 4-4-2 on 23:39 - Dec 14 with 894 viewsHerbivore

Playing 4-4-2 on 21:43 - Dec 14 by Illinoisblue

I wouldn't call them chances as such.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Playing 4-4-2 on 00:31 - Dec 15 with 854 viewsIllinoisblue

Playing 4-4-2 on 23:39 - Dec 14 by Herbivore

I wouldn't call them chances as such.

I was being generous. Getting somewhat near to the opposition goal in a non-threatening way would be more apt

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Playing 4-4-2 on 09:00 - Dec 15 with 718 viewsitfcjoe

We don't have the midfielders for 433 either, so rally the midfield needs to be bypassed until we get the bodies back in there.

Try and play on the front foot, get men forwards and get the ball forwards

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Playing 4-4-2 on 10:25 - Dec 15 with 654 viewsRobTheMonk

As a plan B, Hawkins plus one up top. Get Bennetts and Dobra on the wings looking to cross. The old Man United style.

But no, we must play 4-3-3 and dominate the ball.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024