Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Good on Blue Action... 09:03 - Dec 15 with 2654 viewsKieran_Knows

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Good on Blue Action... on 09:07 - Dec 15 with 2141 viewsParsley

Good luck to them, hope it goes well. I get the desire to have time to organise and especially with covid restrictions this is important but it does seem strange to me to organise a protest 6 games in advance. If our form continues will Lambert still be here then anyway? and if things look like they're turning round then a protest might look a bit out of place.
Good on Blue Action... on 09:10 - Dec 15 with 2102 viewsReuser_is_God

Good on Blue Action... on 09:07 - Dec 15 by Parsley

Good luck to them, hope it goes well. I get the desire to have time to organise and especially with covid restrictions this is important but it does seem strange to me to organise a protest 6 games in advance. If our form continues will Lambert still be here then anyway? and if things look like they're turning round then a protest might look a bit out of place.

I don’t think the protest is solely based on what can/does happen over the next 6 games.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Good on Blue Action... on 09:11 - Dec 15 with 2098 viewsPinewoodblue

I’m pretty sure an organised protest would currently be illegal and cannot really see the situation being any different on 9th January.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Good on Blue Action... on 09:11 - Dec 15 with 2077 viewsKieran_Knows

Good on Blue Action... on 09:11 - Dec 15 by Pinewoodblue

I’m pretty sure an organised protest would currently be illegal and cannot really see the situation being any different on 9th January.

... hence why they've said they're in dialogue with the Police?

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Good on Blue Action... on 09:14 - Dec 15 with 2046 viewsitfcjoe

Good on Blue Action... on 09:10 - Dec 15 by Reuser_is_God

I don’t think the protest is solely based on what can/does happen over the next 6 games.

But if Lambert gets sacked after 2 defeats this week, and Cowley comes in and picks up 10 points in 4 games then a protest would seem pretty silly......

This is the tightrope Evans is trying to walk, he needs to do what is required to stop people starting to point fingers at him, there is a very easy way to deflect that attention

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Good on Blue Action... on 09:18 - Dec 15 with 1997 viewsReuser_is_God

Good on Blue Action... on 09:14 - Dec 15 by itfcjoe

But if Lambert gets sacked after 2 defeats this week, and Cowley comes in and picks up 10 points in 4 games then a protest would seem pretty silly......

This is the tightrope Evans is trying to walk, he needs to do what is required to stop people starting to point fingers at him, there is a very easy way to deflect that attention

That is true but we know what’s more likely, unfortunately.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Good on Blue Action... on 09:30 - Dec 15 with 1918 viewsMonkeyAlan

Not going to happen. Forget it. Lambert is here until summer at the very least. Although l believe he will be allowed to rebuild after all the contracted players are off the books for one more go next season.
Good on Blue Action... on 09:40 - Dec 15 with 1857 viewslazyblue

A protest during pandemic, unbelievable.
Login to get fewer ads

Good on Blue Action... on 09:41 - Dec 15 with 1846 viewsSitfcB

They’ve literally said they’re talking to the police.

Organised protests are allowed aren’t they? As long as social distancing etc is followed?

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Good on Blue Action... on 09:49 - Dec 15 with 1782 viewsyesjohn99

Bore off mate.
Good on Blue Action... on 10:00 - Dec 15 with 1704 viewscarlisleaway

So Pinewood you are going to watch us slither down the league without any form of unrest from fans. I have been watching since 1964 and since Evans has taken over we have had one cup run and a play off semi final place. If you are happy with that words fail me. Good on Blue Action to get more involved, to many happy clappers, this would not happen at any other league club in the country without fans involvement.
Good on Blue Action... on 10:06 - Dec 15 with 1670 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Yes, well played. I'm up for it. I don't think angry emails and iFollow boycotts are going to make a blind bit of difference. Direct protest is the only thing that's worked in the past.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Good on Blue Action... on 10:09 - Dec 15 with 1650 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

If that happens I'm sure they'd call the protest off.

Good on Blue Action... on 10:10 - Dec 15 with 1638 viewsStokieBlue

That's too late.

We will be miles behind by then.

Not sure how they will get permission for a protest either, unless it's socially distanced with no yelling which isn't really a protest.

Something needs to happen though.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Good on Blue Action... on 10:11 - Dec 15 with 1631 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Good on Blue Action... on 09:07 - Dec 15 by Parsley

You've answered your own point. We're in a global pandemic with many areas moving to tier 3. Blue Action have no choice but to delay to when restrictions may have eased. But well done on them for actually attempting to plan something.

Good on Blue Action... on 10:11 - Dec 15 with 1626 viewsTieDyedIn95

Best news all season. Enough is enough now, we've given the clubs leadership too many chances to do it their way and it has failed every time.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Good on Blue Action... on 10:11 - Dec 15 with 1624 viewsbluelagos

Good on Blue Action... on 09:40 - Dec 15 by lazyblue

A protest during pandemic, unbelievable.

You're welcome not to go.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Good on Blue Action... on 10:14 - Dec 15 with 1601 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Good on Blue Action... on 10:10 - Dec 15 by StokieBlue

That's too late.

We will be miles behind by then.

Not sure how they will get permission for a protest either, unless it's socially distanced with no yelling which isn't really a protest.

Something needs to happen though.

SB

As I and others have said, they don't really have much choice with the timing.

There are also ways around the yelling - say what you want to say on banners and bring other things to make noise with (i.e. horns, drums...)

They are doing something - which is more than most (myself included), so more power to them.

Good on Blue Action... on 10:16 - Dec 15 with 1586 viewsAce_High1

Good on Blue Action... on 10:14 - Dec 15 by The_Flashing_Smile

As I and others have said, they don't really have much choice with the timing.

There are also ways around the yelling - say what you want to say on banners and bring other things to make noise with (i.e. horns, drums...)

They are doing something - which is more than most (myself included), so more power to them.

err January is the worst time?

Exactly two weeks after Christmas, infections going through the roof, we will be back in a national lockdown so it will not happen.

Either do it now or forget it.
Good on Blue Action... on 10:18 - Dec 15 with 1579 viewsRobTheMonk

He won't go anywhere because of the injuries being an excuse. Sure, it's part of the problem, but we look tactically inept.
Good on Blue Action... on 10:41 - Dec 15 with 1496 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Good on Blue Action... on 10:16 - Dec 15 by Ace_High1

Exactly two weeks after Christmas, infections going through the roof, we will be back in a national lockdown so it will not happen.

Do it now when London and Essex are going into Tier 3... with Suffolk possibly to follow?!

We don't know how things will look in January. Vaccinations will have been rolling out for a month. Also things need to be organised - discussions with the police, banners created.

They've said the date could move depending on Covid restrictions... but at least they've got a date in and something to plan towards. The only thing that's sure is doing it NOW is the worst possible time.

I don't think you've thought this through.

Good on Blue Action... on 10:41 - Dec 15 with 1487 viewsbluelagos

The point is they are seeking police permission. So if (as is probable) come Jan it is deemed unsafe at that time, the police would say so. Am sure the demo would then be delayed.

It is not for BA to be epidemic experts, they are quite rightly seeking permission from those who are (ok, the police are not experts but they have the ear of those who are)

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Good on Blue Action... on 11:01 - Dec 15 with 1415 viewsFarmerpiles

If it's safe and given the go ahead by the authorities then I'll be there. Or I could just sit at home, say how bad things are and snipe at others for making the effort. I'll be there. Ipswich till I die.
Good on Blue Action... on 11:12 - Dec 15 with 1354 viewsjeera

They are trying to do things properly, which again, is a credit to them.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Good on Blue Action... on 11:16 - Dec 15 with 1326 viewsnoggin

Good on Blue Action... on 11:01 - Dec 15 by Farmerpiles

If it's safe and given the go ahead by the authorities then I'll be there. Or I could just sit at home, say how bad things are and snipe at others for making the effort. I'll be there. Ipswich till I die.

Good man FP. If I could, I would definitely be there.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024