Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How disappointed will you be if we lose tonight? 13:29 - Dec 15 with 5540 viewsitfcjoe

I genuinely don't think I'll particularly care, and think it may actually be a good thing to expedite Lambert's exit.

Sad times, haven't felt like this since Jewell was here on his last legs - although was going that way before the ridiculous 5 year contract was signed.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

How disappointed will you be if we lose tonight? on 13:33 - Dec 15 with 2425 viewshype313

If I knew a loss would expedite Lamberts departure, then lets go for a 7-0 loss, however I genuinely can't see Evans pulling the trigger, so for the good of the bigger picture a win is a must.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

How disappointed will you be if we lose tonight? on 13:33 - Dec 15 with 2415 viewshomer_123

How confident are well that Lambert is going to be fired or walk though?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

How disappointed will you be if we lose tonight? on 13:35 - Dec 15 with 2411 viewsrunaround

I am always disappointed when we lose whatever the scenario. I can imagine people thinking perhaps it would be worth it to see Lambert gone but, whatever the result tonight, however poor the performance, I cannot see Evans pulling the trigger unless you have any inside information that suggests he might Joe?
Sad times to be a Town fan right now
How disappointed will you be if we lose tonight? on 13:36 - Dec 15 with 2405 viewsfooters

How disappointed will you be if we lose tonight? on 13:33 - Dec 15 by homer_123

There's no way he'd walk. He's so deluded that he probably thinks he's doing well. Jewell was a good man and knew when enough was enough. I doubt Lambert has the minerals to do that.

Oh and in answer to the OP, not in the slightest.
[Post edited 15 Dec 2020 13:37]

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

How disappointed will you be if we lose tonight? on 13:37 - Dec 15 with 2393 viewsPinewoodblue

How disappointed will you be if we lose tonight? on 13:33 - Dec 15 by hype313

If I knew a loss would expedite Lamberts departure, then lets go for a 7-0 loss, however I genuinely can't see Evans pulling the trigger, so for the good of the bigger picture a win is a must.

A defeat doesn't hurt anymore we have become conditioned to the prospect. We are also conditioned to the fact it won't make any difference nothing will change before the next game.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

How disappointed will you be if we lose tonight? on 13:41 - Dec 15 with 2369 viewsReuser_is_God

I think losing against the bottom side in League 1 in a league game would just ram home how abject we are currently.

I won't care if we lose but I'll care about the powderpuff nature of the loss.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

How disappointed will you be if we lose tonight? on 13:43 - Dec 15 with 2338 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

How disappointed will you be if we lose tonight? on 13:41 - Dec 15 by Reuser_is_God

I think losing against the bottom side in League 1 in a league game would just ram home how abject we are currently.

I won't care if we lose but I'll care about the powderpuff nature of the loss.

Over the last 6 matches, we have picked up 1 more point than Burton.

...that's pretty abject.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

How disappointed will you be if we lose tonight? on 13:43 - Dec 15 with 2331 viewsStokieBlue

How disappointed will you be if we lose tonight? on 13:33 - Dec 15 by hype313

If we lost heavily and convincingly to the team who are bottom of the league he would surely have to take notice.

My little model puts a 0-0 draw as the most probable result (49%) but if someone is going to win it thinks it's Burton (37%). It's not really very accurate but it thinks we are rubbish so at least it gets some things right.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Login to get fewer ads

How disappointed will you be if we lose tonight? on 13:43 - Dec 15 with 2329 viewshype313

How disappointed will you be if we lose tonight? on 13:37 - Dec 15 by Pinewoodblue

A defeat doesn't hurt anymore we have become conditioned to the prospect. We are also conditioned to the fact it won't make any difference nothing will change before the next game.

My only consolation I feel is that if we lose to the bottom placed team then surely Evans will have to act, I would hate to see a scrappy, drab 1-0 win and then hear all the guff from Lambert about step in the right direction etc

How disappointed will you be if we lose tonight? on 13:44 - Dec 15 with 2331 viewsitfcjoe

How disappointed will you be if we lose tonight? on 13:33 - Dec 15 by homer_123

There has to be a point reached when we drop out of the top 6, I just see no way lambert gets us up this season so i'd rather drop like a stone and have a hance of working backn up than just drift out of it with the odd good result to keep us 'in touch'

2 more defeats this week and we will be mid table - with a ludicrous amount of losses and the pressure will be too great. Presume editorial line of papers will turn which is always a big deal

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

How disappointed will you be if we lose tonight? on 13:45 - Dec 15 with 2312 viewshype313

How disappointed will you be if we lose tonight? on 13:44 - Dec 15 by itfcjoe

There has to be a point reached when we drop out of the top 6, I just see no way lambert gets us up this season so i'd rather drop like a stone and have a hance of working backn up than just drift out of it with the odd good result to keep us 'in touch'

2 more defeats this week and we will be mid table - with a ludicrous amount of losses and the pressure will be too great. Presume editorial line of papers will turn which is always a big deal

How the papers haven't turned yet is beyond comprehension, week in week out they are saying the same things, they need to grow a pair and reflect the feeling of the fans.

How disappointed will you be if we lose tonight? on 13:47 - Dec 15 with 2301 viewswkj

The feeling of apathy I have toward ITFC right now is unreal. Deep down I want to support town no matter what, but Marcus Evans and his poor handling of ITFC has made it so very hard to do.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

How disappointed will you be if we lose tonight? on 13:49 - Dec 15 with 2271 viewsericclacton

I've been pretty low for about two years but the strange thing is i expected it to go the way it has, Hurst was a blunder by the owner, but the Lambert singalong is way off the scale, the man had no decent form as a manager/coach since Norwich job, I really do believe if left where he is he will destroy our Club beyond recognition.
How disappointed will you be if we lose tonight? on 13:50 - Dec 15 with 2263 viewsDarth_Koont

I know what you mean. But I think it would still have to get worse.

Personally, I’d be happier to see that the players can still get wins and hopefully pull themselves out of the hole in spite of Lambert. I think the case for Lambert leaving is still there strong enough.

Pronouns: He/Him

How disappointed will you be if we lose tonight? on 13:50 - Dec 15 with 2258 viewsIpswichKnight

How disappointed will you be if we lose tonight? on 13:45 - Dec 15 by hype313

How the papers haven't turned yet is beyond comprehension, week in week out they are saying the same things, they need to grow a pair and reflect the feeling of the fans.

Think the decision to demand the managers exit is taken above the likes of Stu and Andy’s pay grade think they did discuss it recently and would need to be ok’d by the EADT editor before they can run with it.

Think they’ve been as they are allowed to be in saying they can’t see it being turned around by Lambert.
How disappointed will you be if we lose tonight? on 13:55 - Dec 15 with 2202 viewshype313

How disappointed will you be if we lose tonight? on 13:50 - Dec 15 by IpswichKnight

Think the decision to demand the managers exit is taken above the likes of Stu and Andy’s pay grade think they did discuss it recently and would need to be ok’d by the EADT editor before they can run with it.

Think they’ve been as they are allowed to be in saying they can’t see it being turned around by Lambert.

Surprising when the likes of Terry Hunt, who regularly pens columns for the paper about how dismal Lambert is, isn't raising questions above Stu and Andy, surely Mark Heath has the authority to say enough enough?

How disappointed will you be if we lose tonight? on 13:58 - Dec 15 with 2175 viewsusm

Anyone can win/lose a football match. Its the performance that matters. If we are abject again, at home against the bottom side in Division 3, then the writing will surely be on the wall.
However we could play well and lose out - perhaps due to an inspired Burton display or due to bad luck. That would be better - in my view - than a clueless, hapless fortunate win.
So, lets look at the performance, not just the result.
COYBs.

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

How disappointed will you be if we lose tonight? on 14:00 - Dec 15 with 2164 viewshomer_123

How disappointed will you be if we lose tonight? on 13:44 - Dec 15 by itfcjoe

I'd like to think the same....a win tonight only prolongs the inevitable and draws out an already untenable position.

How disappointed will you be if we lose tonight? on 14:01 - Dec 15 with 2147 viewsGarv

How disappointed will you be if we lose tonight? on 13:58 - Dec 15 by usm

Anyone can win/lose a football match. Its the performance that matters. If we are abject again, at home against the bottom side in Division 3, then the writing will surely be on the wall.
However we could play well and lose out - perhaps due to an inspired Burton display or due to bad luck. That would be better - in my view - than a clueless, hapless fortunate win.
So, lets look at the performance, not just the result.
COYBs.

I agree, but I don't see how any losing performance will be greeted with any praise tonight.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

How disappointed will you be if we lose tonight? on 14:03 - Dec 15 with 2109 viewsMonkeyAlan

If it means Lambert gets the boot l will take the defeat. Trouble is lm in no way confident it would. Evans you muppet.
How disappointed will you be if we lose tonight? on 14:03 - Dec 15 with 2106 viewshomer_123

How disappointed will you be if we lose tonight? on 13:43 - Dec 15 by StokieBlue

If we lost heavily and convincingly to the team who are bottom of the league he would surely have to take notice.

My little model puts a 0-0 draw as the most probable result (49%) but if someone is going to win it thinks it's Burton (37%). It's not really very accurate but it thinks we are rubbish so at least it gets some things right.

SB

Burton are ahead of Posh and only 2 below us on the Performance table....

How disappointed will you be if we lose tonight? on 14:06 - Dec 15 with 2064 viewsKieran_Knows

I couldn't care less, either way.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

How disappointed will you be if we lose tonight? on 14:07 - Dec 15 with 2043 viewsstantheman

How disappointed will you be if we lose tonight? on 13:43 - Dec 15 by Marshalls_Mullet

Over the last 6 matches, we have picked up 1 more point than Burton.

...that's pretty abject.

If I was the Burton manager I would set up very tight defensively, knowing that there would be chances to score against our flaky defence. Get an early goal and the team scoring it will go on to win most probably.
How disappointed will you be if we lose tonight? on 14:08 - Dec 15 with 2040 viewshadleighboyblue

How disappointed will you be if we lose tonight? on 13:36 - Dec 15 by footers

There's no way he'd walk. He's so deluded that he probably thinks he's doing well. Jewell was a good man and knew when enough was enough. I doubt Lambert has the minerals to do that.

Oh and in answer to the OP, not in the slightest.
[Post edited 15 Dec 2020 13:37]

Seeing him standing on the side of the pitch on saturday, he looks either a beaten man that has run out of ideas , run out of interest , or just waiting for the push .

Which ever it is , you would hope his time is up , but it's that 5 year deal that stands in the way from ME's point of view .

It's got to the point that it would be best for everyone to move on before even more damage is done - even the players seem to have given up .

Maybe a " mutual agreement " might be the best option
How disappointed will you be if we lose tonight? on 14:08 - Dec 15 with 2032 viewsStokieBlue

How disappointed will you be if we lose tonight? on 14:03 - Dec 15 by homer_123

Burton are ahead of Posh and only 2 below us on the Performance table....

That just proves that they have been consistently rubbish for a long time given their league position which is bottom of the league having played more games that the other teams. Even a recent improvement hasn't moved them off the bottom.

We should be beating the team who are bottom of the league having played more games regardless of what the form table says. If we can't then it just highlights the issues.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024