Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How it could go 04:47 - Dec 16 with 1145 viewsmillvalleyblue

Flynn Downes back. Our best player IMO.
KVY back.
Teddy Bishop back.
Edwards back.
Norwood back and at it.
We go on a run. Get momentum.
Get positive energy.
ITID. No matter what.
[Post edited 16 Dec 2020 4:55]

Blog: What Would Eric Gates Say?

How it could go on 08:08 - Dec 16 with 905 viewsMossy

It's one hell of a strong team isn't it?
Do you think they will be able to Steer clear of injuries once their back?

Blog: [Blog] This Club May Not Be Rotten But We Can't Carry On Like This

How it could go on 08:51 - Dec 16 with 824 viewsBasuco

5 big players like those missing from any team make a big hole in the squad, they would all get in most League 1 starting lineups and a good reason not to overreact to the current team performances. I know this is not the vocal minority view on here and please don't jump on this thread trying to convince me I am wrong. When the big players return and performances do not pick up then maybe I will start to call for change.
How it could go on 09:08 - Dec 16 with 787 viewsDarth_Koont

There’s a lot of potential.

But I’ve never been overly concerned post-relegation with the players themselves. I’m much more concerned about our seeming inability to build a team and impose ourselves on the opposition.

Even our good runs have depended on individual flashes or a decent 5-10 minutes once a game. Which isn’t really good enough to beat the better teams and our rivals for promotion.

Pronouns: He/Him

How it could go on 09:27 - Dec 16 with 750 viewsKropotkin123

How it could go on 08:51 - Dec 16 by Basuco

5 big players like those missing from any team make a big hole in the squad, they would all get in most League 1 starting lineups and a good reason not to overreact to the current team performances. I know this is not the vocal minority view on here and please don't jump on this thread trying to convince me I am wrong. When the big players return and performances do not pick up then maybe I will start to call for change.

1. It isn't a minority. Look at the polling for evidence: https://www.twtd.co.uk/members/!/polls/3491/should-town-change-their-manager
2. We have a good team, very few deny that.
3. Injuries are a persistent part of a lack of investment into infrastructure that is hampering our potential
4. With or without our best players we have a systemic issue against the better sides in the division.

Last season vs top 8: P15 W1 D6 L8 F7 A17
This season vs top 8: P6 W0 D0 L6 F2 A14

This is down to our manager's inability to coach effective team play.

5. This is a forum, if you put up your views, they are allowed to be discussed and challenged. Writing don't jump on this thread trying to convince me I am wrong doesn't absolve that fact.
[Post edited 16 Dec 2020 9:45]

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

How it could go on 09:30 - Dec 16 with 733 viewsTieDyedIn95

We finished 11th last season with the majority of those players fit. Get real energy.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

How it could go on 09:52 - Dec 16 with 649 viewsclive_baker

You can add Nolan, Wilson and Sears to that list too, all missed albeit arguably to a lesser extent.

Bishop and Edwards are key to get back, they're about the only 2 in midfield that have a demonstrable history of breaking the lines from midfield and creating. It's no coincidence that our form has gone south since they've been out. Downes coming back is massive too, he brings balance and shape to the midfield and quality on the ball. Hopefully it gives Dozzell licence to push on and create further up the pitch.

Norwood has the best movement of any of our forwards, I would really like to see him and Jackson back in a 2 up top, I really think they could cause ask a lot of questions in the 2nd half of the season.

As nice as it is to see the likes of McGavin and Drinan get minutes, they're miles behind those mentioned on your list.

Lambert isn't the man for the job, but if we can get everyone fit at least that'll be proven beyond doubt and he'll no longer have this excuse to peddle every week.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024