Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Maybe we're not *that* bad... 11:56 - Dec 16 with 1623 viewsBent_double

maybe other teams in this league are actually getting better?

Burton unbeaten in 4 until last night, against teams like Charlton and Sunderland
Shrewsbury 2 away wins against Lincoln and Hull
Rochdale 4 and 5-0 away wins in succession

Not trying to excuse our performances and results against the better sides in this division, but maybe on the whole teams are improving, whereas we are not, especially with key players out injured.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Maybe we're not *that* bad... on 12:06 - Dec 16 with 1580 viewsmo_itfc

Thing Is I think our side can be better than the rest if they were allowed to play forwards.

The frustration for me is I can plainly see that the strikers we have have to play in pairs... in the last 2 years, every game I've watched we can't get service to the strikers!
So our attacks fizzle out and you get this boring game of us just passing around the back with no bite at all!

Even with injuries, we have players who have proven themselves before, this league shouldn't be that hard!

Poll: Now that The Athletic has an article, is this takeover actually happening?

Maybe we're not *that* bad... on 14:44 - Dec 16 with 1517 viewsBlueBadger

Burton.
Are.
Bottom.
Of.
The.
Third.
Division.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Maybe we're not *that* bad... on 14:47 - Dec 16 with 1497 viewsLankHenners

We're a bad team in an awful division. If we were half decent we would run away with it.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Maybe we're not *that* bad... on 14:50 - Dec 16 with 1477 viewsCoco

We should be demanding automatic promotion, END OF! We need to stop this gradual acceptance of our drop in standards. This is division three.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Maybe we're not *that* bad... on 14:57 - Dec 16 with 1460 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Maybe we're not *that* bad... on 15:01 - Dec 16 with 1431 viewsclive_baker

We're 8th on ppg. In L1.

Off the back of finishing 11th last season.

Let's not kid ourselves that we're anything other than an average L1 side at the moment, which is below where we should be given the resources and players we have at this level.

Lambert's a failure.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Maybe we're not *that* bad... on 15:06 - Dec 16 with 1398 viewsMossy

Our biggest problem is creativity and it should be sorted on the training ground: how to break at pace, using one touch football. We constantly see teams that aren't as good as us do this against us: defend deep and break at pace, why aren't we able to do the same?
We are constantly passing sideways as there isn't anyone to pass to.
Lambert has to drill this into our players. Everyday in training: one touch, move.
We have the players to do it.

Blog: [Blog] This Club May Not Be Rotten But We Can't Carry On Like This

Maybe we're not *that* bad... on 15:12 - Dec 16 with 1372 viewsBlueBadger

Maybe we're not *that* bad... on 15:06 - Dec 16 by Mossy

Our biggest problem is creativity and it should be sorted on the training ground: how to break at pace, using one touch football. We constantly see teams that aren't as good as us do this against us: defend deep and break at pace, why aren't we able to do the same?
We are constantly passing sideways as there isn't anyone to pass to.
Lambert has to drill this into our players. Everyday in training: one touch, move.
We have the players to do it.

The issue is this: That Man likes the kudos of being a football manager but not the hard graft that comes with it - the coaching, the setting up, the working out of tactics.

He should just be allowed to the do the pressers and have someone else do everything else.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Login to get fewer ads

Maybe we're not *that* bad... on 15:17 - Dec 16 with 1355 viewsBent_double

All very valid points, and like I say, I'm not trying to defend Lambert or many of the performances we've seen this season, but maybe other teams are improving - quite a few have turned it around after poor starts to the season, and time and time again the top teams are beaten by the lesser teams.

It doesn't look like any team is capable of running away with the league at the moment, that could change of course - it could be us with a change of manager and improvement in the injury situation - from this point I'd think that 60 more points would be more than enough for top 2, but as we know from last season, easier said than done.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Maybe we're not *that* bad... on 15:26 - Dec 16 with 1337 viewsJammyDodgerrr

It's a bad league, us included. If you look at the team it is certainly worse than last years.

Garbutt better than Ward
Keane better than Hawkins
No Skuse or Downes so far.
Cornell not necessarily better than Norris.

Garbutt is a massive loss especially, because we have lost all set piece threat.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Maybe we're not *that* bad... on 15:32 - Dec 16 with 1318 viewsDanTheMan

Maybe we're not *that* bad... on 15:26 - Dec 16 by JammyDodgerrr

It's a bad league, us included. If you look at the team it is certainly worse than last years.

Garbutt better than Ward

Garbutt is a massive loss especially, because we have lost all set piece threat.

I personally think that Ward is a better player than Garbutt (although his recent performances have been poor) and Hawkins is better than Keane, especially how we use him.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Maybe we're not *that* bad... on 15:39 - Dec 16 with 1303 viewsrattram

Maybe we're not *that* bad... on 14:47 - Dec 16 by LankHenners

We're a bad team in an awful division. If we were half decent we would run away with it.

Too many like to ignore the fact we have a dozen players injured. If we ever get our best team out we should be easily capable of promotion
There's a distinct sense of Stockholm Syndrome creeping in... on 15:41 - Dec 16 with 1299 viewsDyland

:)

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

That's a very sophisticated..... on 15:49 - Dec 16 with 1284 viewsBloots

There's a distinct sense of Stockholm Syndrome creeping in... on 15:41 - Dec 16 by Dyland

:)

....and perhaps even sneaky way of calling someone a happy clapper.

Good work.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

That's a very sophisticated..... on 15:52 - Dec 16 with 1279 viewsDyland

That's a very sophisticated..... on 15:49 - Dec 16 by Bloots

....and perhaps even sneaky way of calling someone a happy clapper.

Good work.

Why, aye. I'm a sneaky sophisticate, rather than a sophisticated sneak, innit.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Maybe we're not *that* bad... on 16:59 - Dec 16 with 1202 viewsBlueBadger

Maybe we're not *that* bad... on 14:44 - Dec 16 by BlueBadger

Burton.
Are.
Bottom.
Of.
The.
Third.
Division.

Gotta love 'Therealist09' down voting a fact.

Maybe we're not *that* bad... on 17:02 - Dec 16 with 1200 viewsBlueBadger

Maybe we're not *that* bad... on 14:47 - Dec 16 by LankHenners

We would probably be running away with it if we were competently coached.

Maybe we're not *that* bad... on 17:38 - Dec 16 with 1147 viewsgringoblue

Maybe we're not *that* bad... on 17:02 - Dec 16 by BlueBadger

We would probably be running away with it if we were competently coached.

I get a lot of the criticism directed at Lambert but I think the idea we should be running away with the league in this season of all seasons is a bit far fetched. Teams are really struggling to be fluent this season.

The premier league is closer than I can remember it. This time last season the Top 10 were covered by 19 points, this time it is 5! In the championship, the Top 10 were covered by 14 points, this year it is 10. Even in our league, which was the most tightly bunched league last year, the Top 10 are covered by one point fewer this year. No team is running away with these leagues.

For me the biggest worry is that we can't beat any of our rivals. We haven't been able to grind out a win against any of them since Fleetwood. You have to wonder if it is a problem between the ears of the players and manager at this point.
Maybe we're not *that* bad... on 18:28 - Dec 16 with 1093 viewsMossy

Maybe we're not *that* bad... on 15:12 - Dec 16 by BlueBadger

The issue is this: That Man likes the kudos of being a football manager but not the hard graft that comes with it - the coaching, the setting up, the working out of tactics.

He should just be allowed to the do the pressers and have someone else do everything else.

We play like he does pressers: dull, boring and not much actually said.

Blog: [Blog] This Club May Not Be Rotten But We Can't Carry On Like This

Maybe we're not *that* bad... on 18:36 - Dec 16 with 1078 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Garbutt better than Ward

I disagree about being worse than last season.

Yes, Garbutt and Keane are valid points (but not hugely better).

Cornell is certainly no worse than Norris.

However, Dozzell, Dobra, Edwards (being played in the right position) and Bishop are better players than last year. McGavin, McGuinness and Bennetts add something we didn't have last season.

The big problem is the lack of attacking intent from the players we have got. We could also do with fit and firing Norwood, Edwards, Downes and KVY.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Maybe we're not *that* bad... on 20:25 - Dec 16 with 1009 viewsSeablu

Garbutt better than Ward

You had me up until the keeper bit.
Norris was dreadful. Cornell’s a marginal improvement.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024