Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This Blue Action protest. 14:42 - Dec 16 with 3941 viewsBlueBadger

Does anyone else find themselves in a position like me, in which you basically support the aim of the it but can't get behind the actually physical protests because ITFC-related protests/are invariably really, really naff?

Rich's Bedsheet was actually one of the least embarrassing ones, for context.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

This Blue Action protest. on 14:45 - Dec 16 with 3355 viewsportmanking

Not really, no. If you want change, you want change. To not protest because you think it looks 'uncool' seems ridiculous considering how many months you've slated the Lambert regime.

FOPRP.
This Blue Action protest. on 14:47 - Dec 16 with 3337 viewsSomethingBlue

I don't see the gain to anyone from mocking it in advance — most of their work has been very decent and of a different level to much of the fan-led activism we've seen at Town down the years, so let's trust they can get something effective together on this.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

This Blue Action protest. on 14:49 - Dec 16 with 3317 viewsjayessess

I think it's pretty tough to organise a dignified protest demonstration about your football team. There's a big disconnect between what the method is usually used for (fighting deep injustices) and what you're complaining about (the way your football team is run).

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

This Blue Action protest. on 14:50 - Dec 16 with 3316 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

The Duncan Out stuff wasn't naff. And, more importantly, it worked.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

This Blue Action protest. on 14:51 - Dec 16 with 3298 viewsCoco

"STICK JOE ROYLE UP YER A**E"

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

This Blue Action protest. on 14:59 - Dec 16 with 3271 viewstrncbluearmy

This Blue Action protest. on 14:50 - Dec 16 by The_Flashing_Smile

The Duncan Out stuff wasn't naff. And, more importantly, it worked.

That was in the day that the fan base had some balls
This Blue Action protest. on 14:59 - Dec 16 with 3281 viewsSteve_M

"Rich's Bedsheet was actually one of the least embarrassing ones, for context."

No, no it was the worst of the lot.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

This Blue Action protest. on 15:01 - Dec 16 with 3268 viewsIllinoisblue

This sounds defeatist but this protest will achieve nothing. It’s a stretch but we could even be top of the league by the time of the protest. That would be awkward.

Yes Lambert has been and continues to be a pretty mediocre manager, but the issue was and remains Evans.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Login to get fewer ads

This Blue Action protest. on 15:05 - Dec 16 with 3239 viewsJ2BLUE

This Blue Action protest. on 15:01 - Dec 16 by Illinoisblue

This sounds defeatist but this protest will achieve nothing. It’s a stretch but we could even be top of the league by the time of the protest. That would be awkward.

Yes Lambert has been and continues to be a pretty mediocre manager, but the issue was and remains Evans.

This is the problem isn't it? If we keep finding a way to paper over te cracks then the protest is going to look a bit daft.

Right now, as angry as we are about Phil and the long term decline, Evans is currently looking correct to refuse to sack Lambert. Maybe not to those of us who know the big picture but certainly to any neutrals who may be watching. There is no way Evans is going to take any action if we keep getting just enough points to remain in contention (on paper).

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

This Blue Action protest. on 15:13 - Dec 16 with 3199 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

This Blue Action protest. on 14:59 - Dec 16 by trncbluearmy

Those fans are still about, just older.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

This Blue Action protest. on 15:19 - Dec 16 with 3176 viewstractorboy1978

This Blue Action protest. on 15:05 - Dec 16 by J2BLUE

This is the problem isn't it? If we keep finding a way to paper over te cracks then the protest is going to look a bit daft.

Right now, as angry as we are about Phil and the long term decline, Evans is currently looking correct to refuse to sack Lambert. Maybe not to those of us who know the big picture but certainly to any neutrals who may be watching. There is no way Evans is going to take any action if we keep getting just enough points to remain in contention (on paper).

I actually think it's more powerful if we are still up there come 7th Jan. Sends out the message that it's more deep rooted than just being wound up about our league position/status. And personally that is how I feel - obviously I want us to get promoted because I am an ITFC fan and think not doing so this year would be disastrous. But it won't change my opinion on how poorly/uselessly Evans has and continues to run this club. Nor will it change my opinion on how PL is in no way the future of this football club.
This Blue Action protest. on 15:23 - Dec 16 with 3143 viewsFixed_It

This Blue Action protest. on 14:51 - Dec 16 by Coco

"STICK JOE ROYLE UP YER A**E"

"Sideways!"

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

This Blue Action protest. on 15:40 - Dec 16 with 3097 viewsReuser_is_God

This Blue Action protest. on 15:01 - Dec 16 by Illinoisblue

From reading the BA statement I thought this protest was more aimed at Evans more than our league position.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

This Blue Action protest. on 15:56 - Dec 16 with 3066 viewsSouperJim

I think what matters most is that it gains some attention, not the quality of the protest itself. Unless there are very significant numbers turning up, I actually think a silent protest just holding a banner or whatever might work best, just make sure the local media are aware and give it coverage.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

This Blue Action protest. on 15:57 - Dec 16 with 3064 views44_not_out

This Blue Action protest. on 14:47 - Dec 16 by SomethingBlue

I don't see the gain to anyone from mocking it in advance — most of their work has been very decent and of a different level to much of the fan-led activism we've seen at Town down the years, so let's trust they can get something effective together on this.

How does a protest work when the team is 2 points off the top (and could be top at the time of the proposed protest)?

Will the banners read “ We should be 15 points clear “

Asking for a friend
This Blue Action protest. on 16:00 - Dec 16 with 3047 viewsReuser_is_God

This Blue Action protest. on 15:57 - Dec 16 by 44_not_out

How does a protest work when the team is 2 points off the top (and could be top at the time of the proposed protest)?

Asking for a friend

Because the protest isn't solely based on league position.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

This Blue Action protest. on 16:23 - Dec 16 with 2983 viewsjeera

This Blue Action protest. on 15:57 - Dec 16 by 44_not_out

Asking for a friend

" We should be 15 points clear"

Why do people insist on repeating this nonsense?

Literally, no one has suggested anything of the sort. The club is not being properly run.

The current situation is the reflection of that.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

This Blue Action protest. on 16:25 - Dec 16 with 2974 viewsBlue_Order

Part of not rushing it is to give us time to prepare and organise it properly, to try and avoid it being naff. Doing it last night would have meant spray painted bedsheets, and we didn’t think many people were likely to come out on Boxing Day this year. The next home game is Swindon.

We’re well aware it has the potential to fall flat if we’re top of the league and folk decide against coming because of that, but we all know the issues at the club run much deeper than whether or not we manage to scrape a few wins in the next few weeks.
This Blue Action protest. on 16:32 - Dec 16 with 2954 viewsPinewoodblue

This Blue Action protest. on 16:25 - Dec 16 by Blue_Order

Part of not rushing it is to give us time to prepare and organise it properly, to try and avoid it being naff. Doing it last night would have meant spray painted bedsheets, and we didn’t think many people were likely to come out on Boxing Day this year. The next home game is Swindon.

We’re well aware it has the potential to fall flat if we’re top of the league and folk decide against coming because of that, but we all know the issues at the club run much deeper than whether or not we manage to scrape a few wins in the next few weeks.

With the game moved to the evening, for Sky, will you still go ahead with that 9th January?

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

This Blue Action protest. on 16:58 - Dec 16 with 2900 viewsKropotkin123

I can't imagine it being naff, as BA do seem to understand style and they have experience of getting atmosphere going.

With that being said, I won't be there as I'm not travelling from London just to protest, especially given Covid19 exposure risk.

I imagine others will be in the same situation. So it will be interesting to see what sort of numbers they get.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

This Blue Action protest. on 18:36 - Dec 16 with 2778 views44_not_out

This Blue Action protest. on 16:00 - Dec 16 by Reuser_is_God

Because the protest isn't solely based on league position.

How should the club be run then? I appreciate everyone’s frustration and I too struggle with our current plight, but the owner listened when the fans wanted change and here we are!

We had a competent manager but the football wasn’t sexy enough and youngsters were sparsely used. After incompetence (PH), we now have a manager who has blooded loads of youngsters and prefers a more possession based game where we retain the ball more - now all I hear is boo’s every time we pass backwards.

Don’t get me wrong, I can’t stand PL but the owner runs it in a way where he allows football people to run that side and doesn’t get involved.

Would we prefer a MacAnthony (Peterborough) type who can’t keep his nose out? They have been in league one for years btw.

I struggle to understand what the fans want.

Me personally, I just want us out of this division and challenging towards the top of the Championship. I genuinely don’t give a monkeys about style etc. It would just be nice to be winning more than we lose and a united fanbase!
This Blue Action protest. on 22:17 - Dec 16 with 2635 viewstractorboy1978

This Blue Action protest. on 18:36 - Dec 16 by 44_not_out

How should the club be run then? I appreciate everyone’s frustration and I too struggle with our current plight, but the owner listened when the fans wanted change and here we are!

We had a competent manager but the football wasn’t sexy enough and youngsters were sparsely used. After incompetence (PH), we now have a manager who has blooded loads of youngsters and prefers a more possession based game where we retain the ball more - now all I hear is boo’s every time we pass backwards.

Don’t get me wrong, I can’t stand PL but the owner runs it in a way where he allows football people to run that side and doesn’t get involved.

Would we prefer a MacAnthony (Peterborough) type who can’t keep his nose out? They have been in league one for years btw.

Me personally, I just want us out of this division and challenging towards the top of the Championship. I genuinely don’t give a monkeys about style etc. It would just be nice to be winning more than we lose and a united fanbase!

I'd prefer somebody that has a tangible plan to take us forwards. And by take us forwards I don't just mean get out of L1, I mean to stabilise us back in the Championship and then kick on further. His latest statement highlights that his plan seems to be to keep treading water and hoping the stars align until some utopian redistribution of football finances occurs.

Look at the clubs that have outwitted us over his reign by being innovative, by having a clear strategy and by investing wisely in their infrastructure. It's not all about throwing vast sums of cash about - the money he has put in here has been grossly mismanaged and wasted in the main, ultimately by himself.
This Blue Action protest. on 05:33 - Dec 17 with 2476 viewsBluedandy

This Blue Action protest. on 18:36 - Dec 16 by 44_not_out

What a truly bizarre question ..... how should the club be run then? We are a third division football club in terminal decline because of ME ... no-one else.

We've had 13 years of bewildering incompetence from ME and you suggest there's no alternative to the stagnant provincial backwater he's turned Town into ...

How would we like to be run? Let's see .... maybe like Luton who 10 years ago were playing non-league and are now a division higher than us with planning permission granted for a new stadium.

Or maybe like Brentford who in 2007 were in League Two playing in front of 6K in clapped out Griffin Park. Things have changed somewhat since then for them.

Or what about Bournemouth who in that same season were getting crowds of 5K in League One and had never played in the top plight but on current form are probably heading back into the Premier League.

All proper minnows compared to Town but who after 13 years of Evans now look down on us in every sense. That's where vision, passion and ambition can lead ...

But hey-ho let's sit on our hands, not fuss (because it's terribly unseemly) and just be happy if we win more than we lose as a basket case football club in the third tier ...

Wow I bet ME wishes every fan was like you.
This Blue Action protest. on 05:42 - Dec 17 with 2464 viewsnoggin

This Blue Action protest. on 14:59 - Dec 16 by trncbluearmy

Bobby Robson called our fans zombies. I'd say BA have helped turn that around.
[Post edited 17 Dec 2020 5:43]

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

This Blue Action protest. on 07:41 - Dec 17 with 2373 viewsKeaneish

There are plenty of other silent protests ie: writing the open letter to the club which many did recently; not subscribing to iFollow; cancelling your season ticket or any other endorsement to the club; not attending games; signing petitions etc.

I won’t be protesting physically but I’ll do all the above if need be. BA should have the full backing of every member on this board given the club have ostracised / censored Phil for farcical reasons. This is probably as low as it could get for this community so if we’re not backing an action now, we never will and After 13-years or so, it’s time we stopped giving ME a free pass to do what he likes.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024