Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This Blue Action protest. 14:42 - Dec 16 with 3961 viewsBlueBadger

Does anyone else find themselves in a position like me, in which you basically support the aim of the it but can't get behind the actually physical protests because ITFC-related protests/are invariably really, really naff?

Rich's Bedsheet was actually one of the least embarrassing ones, for context.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

This Blue Action protest. on 13:10 - Dec 17 with 543 viewsjayessess

This Blue Action protest. on 18:36 - Dec 16 by 44_not_out

How should the club be run then? I appreciate everyone’s frustration and I too struggle with our current plight, but the owner listened when the fans wanted change and here we are!

We had a competent manager but the football wasn’t sexy enough and youngsters were sparsely used. After incompetence (PH), we now have a manager who has blooded loads of youngsters and prefers a more possession based game where we retain the ball more - now all I hear is boo’s every time we pass backwards.

Don’t get me wrong, I can’t stand PL but the owner runs it in a way where he allows football people to run that side and doesn’t get involved.

Would we prefer a MacAnthony (Peterborough) type who can’t keep his nose out? They have been in league one for years btw.

I struggle to understand what the fans want.

Me personally, I just want us out of this division and challenging towards the top of the Championship. I genuinely don’t give a monkeys about style etc. It would just be nice to be winning more than we lose and a united fanbase!

Off the top of my head.

- It'd help us to have a "united fanbase" if the club didn't constantly act like all criticism is monstrously unfair and actually told senior staff that it's part of their job to be courteous and professional with supporters and local press, even when they're being critical. That's a problem going back at least to McCarthy, incidentally.

- We wouldn't have a manager you "can't stand" if the owner actually held the first team manager and his staff to a high standard, rather than awarding lucrative long-term contracts on the basis of nothing and doling out free passes for failure.

- A club that doesn't convince itself constantly that it's entitled to fail. That tells itself a story about a new style, blooding youngsters and an injury crisis, so it's okay to get turned over by any club of stature in our division. That tells itself a story about how difficult the division is to excuse struggling in it. I'd like the club hierarchy to at least act like it's supposed to be at the top of this division!

- A club that organises itself with a modicum of professionalism off the pitch. For instance, without the kind of shambles we saw with Jim Henry or the ongoing weirdness where players mysteriously get injured but no one comes out to explain when we might expect to see them again or even what's wrong with them.
[Post edited 17 Dec 2020 13:19]

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

This Blue Action protest. on 16:17 - Dec 17 with 494 viewstextbackup

one huge issue you are forgetting here, you would need to actually be at the ground to join in. and as you never seem to be able to get there it wont matter either way for you

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

This Blue Action protest. on 16:24 - Dec 17 with 485 viewsSpruceMoose

This Blue Action protest. on 16:17 - Dec 17 by textbackup

one huge issue you are forgetting here, you would need to actually be at the ground to join in. and as you never seem to be able to get there it wont matter either way for you

I'm not sure boasting about being able to get to the ground during a pandemic to a bloke who works in healthcare is a good look right now.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

This Blue Action protest. on 19:32 - Dec 17 with 427 viewstextbackup

This Blue Action protest. on 16:24 - Dec 17 by SpruceMoose

I'm not sure boasting about being able to get to the ground during a pandemic to a bloke who works in healthcare is a good look right now.

hahahaha almost sounds like you are crying there mate.

pandemic or not he wouldn't be down there. not sure there was any boasting either.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

This Blue Action protest. on 19:38 - Dec 17 with 422 viewsjeera

This Blue Action protest. on 19:32 - Dec 17 by textbackup

pandemic or not he wouldn't be down there. not sure there was any boasting either.

Petty arguments aside.

Is inside the ground the only proposition?

If the numbers were sufficient, wouldn't a large enough crowd outside the ground (yeah I know, spread sufficiently and all that) make an impact?

At least it would be noticed by local media and reported.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

This Blue Action protest. on 19:40 - Dec 17 with 421 viewsSpruceMoose

This Blue Action protest. on 19:32 - Dec 17 by textbackup

Sorry, my bad. I forgot you were a constable in the fan police! I'll remember my place next time officer x

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

This Blue Action protest. on 21:47 - Dec 17 with 365 viewsMelford

This Blue Action protest. on 14:50 - Dec 16 by The_Flashing_Smile

The Duncan Out stuff wasn't naff. And, more importantly, it worked.

On the pitch more than once. I remember going on the coach to the last game of the season at West Brom and on the stop on the way home a few of them got up on the flyover over the motorway and hung up a banner saying DRUNKEN DUNCAN OUT on it and refused to get back on the coach until the team bus passed underneath it on their way back.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024