Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Are we still being managed by a dinosaur? 21:20 - Dec 16 with 2282 viewsEdmundo

Interesting speaking with a Canary supporter over the summer. He puts Scum's success down to player recruitment fitting the "style" they play. Found this article that explains more: https://fr.reuters.com/article/uk-soccer-england-nor-idUKKBN1QU1P3
Do we have a structure remotely like that at our club?

Poll: Will our competitors in the Championship "find us out" in 2nd half of season
Blog: Blue Sky Thinking

Are we still being managed by a dinosaur? on 23:16 - Dec 16 with 1930 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Are we still being managed by a dinosaur? on 01:08 - Dec 17 with 1798 viewshaynes_toe1

Its a bit of a chicken and egg scenario though.

Their initial, relative success of premier league promotions have given them the funds to create a huge scouting network and as we've seen, even take over at school level in Suffolk.

I guess the main difference is under their current Sporting Director instead of buying players to try and survive in the prem they invested in their already hugely successful academy, bought a host of young players over the past year or so and furthered there cat 1 status alongside an ever-growing scouting network.

I cant imagine Marcus would be looking to fund anything on that level. It would make sense to put a bit more into our academy though as that's where we stand the best chance of finding a gem at this level.
Are we still being managed by a dinosaur? on 09:42 - Dec 17 with 1459 viewsDinDjarin

Are we still being managed by a dinosaur? on 01:08 - Dec 17 by haynes_toe1

Their initial, relative success of premier league promotions have given them the funds to create a huge scouting network and as we've seen, even take over at school level in Suffolk.

I guess the main difference is under their current Sporting Director instead of buying players to try and survive in the prem they invested in their already hugely successful academy, bought a host of young players over the past year or so and furthered there cat 1 status alongside an ever-growing scouting network.

I cant imagine Marcus would be looking to fund anything on that level. It would make sense to put a bit more into our academy though as that's where we stand the best chance of finding a gem at this level.

They are being pushed out of Suffolk albeit slowly.

The ITFC community setup is going great guns for boys and girls.

About bloody time.
Are we still being managed by a dinosaur? on 09:58 - Dec 17 with 1429 viewsjudespiveyg

On the plus side, I don't think they've really developed anyone from Suffolk, so I don't think they've snatched anyone off us.

They were able to nick Lewis and Aarons off Luton at age 16 which is the main advantage their academy has. The Murphy twins were from London but that's no different from us getting Kenlock and Emmanuel. Cantwell's from Dereham which is their catchment anyway.

So they do have an advantage but Suffolk is still very much our territory when it comes to academy players.

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

Are we still being managed by a dinosaur? on 16:36 - Dec 17 with 1202 viewsEdmundo

Are we still being managed by a dinosaur? on 09:58 - Dec 17 by judespiveyg

On the plus side, I don't think they've really developed anyone from Suffolk, so I don't think they've snatched anyone off us.

They were able to nick Lewis and Aarons off Luton at age 16 which is the main advantage their academy has. The Murphy twins were from London but that's no different from us getting Kenlock and Emmanuel. Cantwell's from Dereham which is their catchment anyway.

So they do have an advantage but Suffolk is still very much our territory when it comes to academy players.

Good that we are pushing them out, but surely ME could match Delia on funding a half decent scouting network?

Poll: Will our competitors in the Championship "find us out" in 2nd half of season
Blog: Blue Sky Thinking

Are we still being managed by a dinosaur? on 17:38 - Dec 17 with 1119 viewsArnieM

....and that approach is what Sky ££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££ buys you. Not rocket science . Evans for all his faults quickly decided ( quite rightly) that he simply can’t compete with Sky money. The rest as they say, is history.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Are we still being managed by a dinosaur? on 17:50 - Dec 17 with 1102 viewsstrikalite

Are we still being managed by a dinosaur? on 17:38 - Dec 17 by ArnieM

....and that approach is what Sky ££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££ buys you. Not rocket science . Evans for all his faults quickly decided ( quite rightly) that he simply can’t compete with Sky money. The rest as they say, is history.

Agree but I don't think we demanded he did try and compete with the teams with the "Sky money" ....the odd £1m fee here and there for the right player wouldn't have broken him, there is quality out there in the lower leagues, they're not all £10k unfortunately though..
Are we still being managed by a dinosaur? on 02:59 - Dec 18 with 818 views3_5_2

Are we still being managed by a dinosaur? on 09:58 - Dec 17 by judespiveyg

The Community Trust is growing very well and is expanding in both schools and local development centres. Only Covid has stopped this happening even faster. “Old” areas are
being reclaimed and the scouting network at youth level has increased. The trust works very closely with the academy, things are heading towards where they used to be.

Removing the previous system was a huge mistake which has been reversed now.

Might take a year or two but it will see us having a set up to support the academy again

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024